The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 am

Ozil hadn’t been left out for football reasons, we could have kept him as an option, the fact he’s not even in any squad tells you everything you need to know, even if you don’t pick someone you don’t leave them out of squads totally.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:02 pm

Are you telling me there are 25 players better than Ozil at Arsenal right now?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:46 pm

swipe right wrote:Are you telling me there are 25 players better than Ozil at Arsenal right now?
At LB, RB, CB, CM, WF and CF yes. At CAM no, but we don't play with a CAM so he'd be pointless unless we built the team around him. You can't build the team around a player who goes missing (on and off the pitch) for a third of most seasons.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:You do know that charitable donations are tax deductable....so its us that are actually paying for those meals.

Just sayin!

Meanwhile Rashford , aged only 21 has raised his head above the parapet to fight the government for something he believes in.

Tax-deductible just means you can write off the amount against your taxable income... It doesn't mean the whole amount would have otherwise been paid in tax.

Really? I suggest you read up on it a bit more!

I don't need to.
If you think someone giving to charity doesn't have to spend a penny of their own money, why don't you try donating a £1m today to your favourite charity and see how it works out for you. Hell, why not make it £1bn... after all, you would not have to pay anything, the tax payer would pick it all up... right?
JHC.
:rolleyes:

Clueless fool......if I had his money, it would be very simple to donate £1m. I can pay a charity £1000 out of my business account which is probably the same percentage of my wealth compared to Ozils....and it would be tax deductible. :rolleyes:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:14 pm

Arteta has given Willian a big three year deal. What’s he doing that Ozil couldn’t? I bet Ozil would be far more effective playing than Willian.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:17 pm

But you wouldn't have paid the full £1000 in tax, only the % that you would owe depending on your band.

So, assuming highest bracket ad no dodgy 'business' setup, instead of paying the government £450 or so to f**k around with, you'd be giving £1000 to a charity to use and lose £550 yourself.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:20 pm

Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:You do know that charitable donations are tax deductable....so its us that are actually paying for those meals.

Just sayin!

Meanwhile Rashford , aged only 21 has raised his head above the parapet to fight the government for something he believes in.

Tax-deductible just means you can write off the amount against your taxable income... It doesn't mean the whole amount would have otherwise been paid in tax.

I don't need to.
If you think someone giving to charity doesn't have to spend a penny of their own money, why don't you try donating a £1m today to your favourite charity and see how it works out for you. Hell, why not make it £1bn... after all, you would not have to pay anything, the tax payer would pick it all up... right?
JHC.

Clueless fool......if I had his money, it would be very simple to donate £1m. I can pay a charity £1000 out of my business account which is probably the same percentage of my wealth compared to Ozils....and it would be tax deductible. :rolleyes:

I love it when an ACTUAL clueless fool starts pointing the finger at others' understanding - you are the funniest kind of dimwit, you don't even realise you are one.

Tax-deductible does not mean you don't pay anything to the charity. You only save the proportion you WOULD have paid in tax had you decided to not give the money to charity.

Serious advice - if you are a business owner, get yourself an accountant and fast.
You need one.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:31 pm

Santi wrote:But you wouldn't have paid the full £1000 in tax, only the % that you would owe depending on your band.

So, assuming highest bracket ad no dodgy 'business' setup, instead of paying the government £450 or so to f**k around with, you'd be giving £1000 to a charity to use and lose £550 yourself.

Lol imagine being able to give money to charity and it costing you nothing, of course it costs you.

I think giving some of your own money is a very good thing, you’re actually sacrificing some of what you have for the good of others, it’s not done for your benefit especially if you don’t do it publicly (which sometimes can be construed differently).

Ozil has his faults for sure, but no one can questions how charitable he is.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Just sayin!

I don't need to.
JHC.

That's not how it works.

You should try donating to charity and then properly filling out the tax paperwork.

You are in for a surprise.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:17 pm

swipe right wrote:Arteta has given Willian a big three year deal. What’s he doing that Ozil couldn’t? I bet Ozil would be far more effective playing than Willian.

Playing
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:16 pm

VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:Arteta has given Willian a big three year deal. What’s he doing that Ozil couldn’t? I bet Ozil would be far more effective playing than Willian.

Playing

:rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Tax deductible means that, before tax on profit is paid, an amount can be donated to charity and that amount will not be taxed

ie Profit = £1M. no money is donated to charity. Income and / or dividend tax is payable on £1M minus personal tax allowance

Profit = £1M. £100,000 is donated to charity. Income and / or dividend tax is payable on £900,000 minus personal tax allowance

The donator still gives up a sizable amount of the money, but the treasury also gets a large bill..... it does not receive the tax it would have been due on that £100,000 and presumably has to pay £25,000 in gift aid if the donator is a UK resident
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:51 pm

VCC wrote:

Playing

:BangHead:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 am

:
swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:

Playing

:)
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:55 am

VCC wrote::
swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:

Playing

:)

:clap: :clap: :lol:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club