Page 1500 of 1567

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:55 am
by Nuggets
VCC wrote:
swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:Had Ozil played today, and made a couple of passes there are a few in this thread that would have lauded the 1st win at utd in 14 years a monumental achievement for Ozil.
Those are the ones coming out with every excuse to play down the result and the movement forward the squad is making.

Support the team and for you Ozil fans let's hope he can earn a start in the U23 and develop

We won on a penalty. As Roy Keane said, let’s not pretend that Arsenal are Bayern Munich all of a sudden.

Nothing at all about how poor there were or for that matter or still needed improvement in areas, all about the will to get over the line and the will to fight for it.
That was the difference and it's something that Arteta has installed.the team has a spine and it's something to build off.
I didnt want Arteta but he has brought two things needed, the want to build a spine and the will to get rid of the fairies

Yup I totally agree, I wasn't too keen on him but it was a good result and perhaps something to build on.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:44 am
by theHotHead
StockGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:
Angelito wrote:


And yet not half the recognition that Gashford gets.

Good point that. One person is doing a lot of talking about the matter, the other is dipping in his pocket and doing something about it!


Or it could be two players both doing something extremely good. Why dig one out and take a shot?

Did you know about Ozil's actions ? Neither did most of the world. Thats the point being made.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:48 am
by theHotHead
Rockape wrote:You do know that charitable donations are tax deductable....so its us that are actually paying for those meals.

Just sayin!

Meanwhile Rashford , aged only 21 has raised his head above the parapet to fight the government for something he believes in.

what it means is less money for the treasury to spunk on foolishness, it means the money is ACTUALLY going to the people that need it.

Don't see any issue with that. But if you hate Ozil, it must be the worst thing in the world for you ......

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:49 am
by theHotHead
Angelito wrote:

Such a horrible thing that it has to end this way for him. :(

The people that know ... know. The people that don't ...... hate.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:51 am
by theHotHead
swipe right wrote:Arteta speaks as if Ozil is a youth team player. Who he gave a chance but hey he just wasn’t good enough. Mate, Ozil has had ten times the career you had. So why not tell us what the problem is? Is it his attitude? His fitness? His commitment? His work rate? His chemistry with the strikers? His unwillingness to track back? What the hell is it? He talks so much about Ozil but yet says nothing.

He can't because he knows it is BS !

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:53 am
by theHotHead
Ach wrote:
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he gave former Germany playmaker Mesut Ozil "as many opportunities" as he could before leaving the 32-year-old out of his Premier League and Europa League squads. (Sky Sports)


By not picking him since march? The absolute crap this guy comes out with.

Exactly this.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 am
by theHotHead
Tony Adams wrote:
swipe right wrote:Are you telling me there are 25 players better than Ozil at Arsenal right now?
At LB, RB, CB, CM, WF and CF yes. At CAM no, but we don't play with a CAM so he'd be pointless unless we built the team around him. You can't build the team around a player who goes missing (on and off the pitch) for a third of most seasons.

you pick a player thst has more ability than anyone inthe squad. You pick a player that is able to pick out passes no player in the squad can pick out. You pick THE MOST decorated player in the squad and a player who, due to his ability became and still is the highest earner at the club.

When picking said player you give him the tools he needs to operate, you don't throw him in the team and ask him to do things that compromise his game, then compalin that he goes missing or that he has been a bit shit.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:32 am
by swipe right
theHotHead wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:
swipe right wrote:Are you telling me there are 25 players better than Ozil at Arsenal right now?
At LB, RB, CB, CM, WF and CF yes. At CAM no, but we don't play with a CAM so he'd be pointless unless we built the team around him. You can't build the team around a player who goes missing (on and off the pitch) for a third of most seasons.

you pick a player thst has more ability than anyone inthe squad. You pick a player that is able to pick out passes no player in the squad can pick out. You pick THE MOST decorated player in the squad and a player who, due to his ability became and still is the highest earner at the club.

When picking said player you give him the tools he needs to operate, you don't throw him in the team and ask him to do things that compromise his game, then compalin that he goes missing or that he has been a bit shit.

yee yee

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:13 pm
by StockGooner
theHotHead wrote:
StockGooner wrote:Or it could be two players both doing something extremely good. Why dig one out and take a shot?

Did you know about Ozil's actions ? Neither did most of the world. Thats the point being made.


Sorry, but what's your point here?

I didn't take away from Ozil's achievments in any way shape or form. I was responding to people saying Ozil wasn't getting as much attention as Rashford and somehow that was Rashford's fault. My take is it's two players doing some good in the wider world and it's nice to see.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:08 pm
by starmandb
swipe right wrote:
VCC wrote:Had Ozil played today, and made a couple of passes there are a few in this thread that would have lauded the 1st win at utd in 14 years a monumental achievement for Ozil.
Those are the ones coming out with every excuse to play down the result and the movement forward the squad is making.

Support the team and for you Ozil fans let's hope he can earn a start in the U23 and develop

We won on a penalty. As Roy Keane said, let’s not pretend that Arsenal are Bayern Munich all of a sudden.

Hang on
So when Bayern Munich won in cologne on Saturday thanks to a penalty from Thomas Muller
Does that mean they are not Bayern Munich anymore?

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:33 pm
by Losmeister
seeing el neny press in the 91st minute is why Ozil will never wear the badge again

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:57 pm
by theHotHead
StockGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
StockGooner wrote:Or it could be two players both doing something extremely good. Why dig one out and take a shot?

Did you know about Ozil's actions ? Neither did most of the world. Thats the point being made.


Sorry, but what's your point here?

I didn't take away from Ozil's achievments in any way shape or form. I was responding to people saying Ozil wasn't getting as much attention as Rashford and somehow that was Rashford's fault. My take is it's two players doing some good in the wider world and it's nice to see.

I was in no way trying to belittle Rashford's good work, I simply highlighted the fact Rashford does something which ultimately was just talking and he is up for an MBE, Ozil does something which ultimately is dipping in his pockets for the same cause and nobody even knows about it.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:59 pm
by theHotHead
Losmeister wrote:seeing el neny press in the 91st minute is why Ozil will never wear the badge again

If football was all about running we would be scouting at track meets. But its not, so we don't.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:51 am
by VCC
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:seeing el neny press in the 91st minute is why Ozil will never wear the badge again

If football was all about running we would be scouting at track meets. But its not, so we don't.

Welbeck and Walcott spring to mind not much footballing talent there, it was all about the pace

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:10 am
by swipe right
VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Losmeister wrote:seeing el neny press in the 91st minute is why Ozil will never wear the badge again

If football was all about running we would be scouting at track meets. But its not, so we don't.

Welbeck and Walcott spring to mind not much footballing talent there, it was all about the pace

Walcott scored a 100 goals for us. Respect