Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 pm

I thought he made quite a few inroads in SU box. One of his better games. Created a couple of chances for Martinelli to finish.
ag6789
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:38 pm

I understand he's not worth the money, but it is a done deal. What's the point in repeating the same line like a broken record. He's here until '21, and we cannot snatch his money from him. So , do the best by using his skills and move forward.
ag6789
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm

ag6789 wrote:I understand he's not worth the money, but it is a done deal. What's the point in repeating the same line like a broken record. He's here until '21, and we cannot snatch his money from him. So , do the best by using his skills and move forward.

He no longer has those skills in a pressing midfeild any longer, he is at a point now that he can only play against second rate sides, all he seems to offer now is keeping the ball sideways or backwards.
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:03 pm

And on and on and on it goes.....
ag6789
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:28 pm

ag6789 wrote:And on and on and on it goes.....

Well I am keen to see what Arteta can get out of Cebellos
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:#1 pass accuracy in the team today
:)

Not hard since all he did effectively was pass sideways and backwards. The few times he took risks such as the two overhit passes to Gabby he failed, the first one really pissed me off since he really needed to just f***ing shoot.

#1 tackler in the team today - both attempted and successful tackles

Joint 1st with 5 players, nether tackle was significant and was dribbled past 3 times. in which he was outright number 1 in the easiest player for Sheffield united to play it past.

#3 on the team today taking players on and beating them

Joint 3rd you mean with Saka who was playing Left back mind you. AMN, Gabby and Pepe had 5+ and these 'dribbles' from Ozil where literally him winning a 50/50 on the halfway line or the failed tackle by the United defender before he screwed up the pass to Gabby.

#1 of our forward players today in terms of involvement/touches

Slowing us down passing sideways and backwards.

#1 in on the team today with deadball accuracy - 2 corners both found their mark.

Wow, breathtaking! Hold the front page!

#1 in the team today for Key Passes

You know this key pass stat includes simply the last pass before a player taking a shot like Torreria did just before the goal, which was a tame speculative effort since nobody was in space, he was 35 years out and had nothing on, that 'key pass' as per usual a sideways, safe pass.

This is just adding more fuel to my fire to why i cannot stand Ozil, hes clearly playing in a safe, pussy like manner so his stats appear amicable to justify selection to the spreadsheet guys but when you just watch him, he is an nothing, useless player who is at least totally out of excuses already for his crap. For now his presence here is stopping us from buying a replacement we desperately need.

The most important stat don't forget along with 0, yes ZERO shots today once again! I mean he's had 6 shots the entire season mind you.

13 matches in the league.

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

this is what 350K a week has given us this season

Just pointing out that statistically he was our best player today, yet he is apparently to blame for our draw and the sky is falling again.
It's interesting that when he was assisting for fun in his career, the Ozil haters told us all how meaningless the assist stats were.
Now, apparently, it's the one that counts :dontknow:

Face it, you wer upset with the result so you vented on your number 1 hate figure.
I would of said the same even if we held on and won 1-0

Statistically he wasn't the best player. Mustafi was followed by Xhaka according to who scored. But these stats really are done by people who love and know numbers and create an algorithmic score with no perception whatsoever on the effectiveness on the pitch itself.

Ozil had a high pass accuracy rate as mentioned. If you passing sideways & backwards all game so your pass accuracy is high and this within the algorithm helps to raise the overall value based on his position. You will receive a decent score.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shots which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

This is why unless the player scores or assists to add weight to the score these stats are highly misleading but yet serve as more evidence to why the game is so shit these days and how players like Ozil aswell as Lingaard at United get away with doing next to nothing for what they are paid. Their people around them know what they need to do at the bare minimum to now just please the spreadsheet people.
Even if your useless in your effectiveness when you see him play. The spreadsheet, data analysts may also see your shit on the pitch but have the nunbers to twist things if you know how to play the numbers game.

Even if your shit, don't worry, don't take risks, just pass sideways and backwards a lot so your 'pass accuracy' will boost your algorithmic score.
Last edited by elkanofan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:25 am

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Not hard since all he did effectively was pass sideways and backwards. The few times he took risks such as the two overhit passes to Gabby he failed, the first one really pissed me off since he really needed to just f***ing shoot.

Joint 1st with 5 players, nether tackle was significant and was dribbled past 3 times. in which he was outright number 1 in the easiest player for Sheffield united to play it past.

Joint 3rd you mean with Saka who was playing Left back mind you. AMN, Gabby and Pepe had 5+ and these 'dribbles' from Ozil where literally him winning a 50/50 on the halfway line or the failed tackle by the United defender before he screwed up the pass to Gabby.

#1 in on the team today with deadball accuracy - 2 corners both found their mark.

You know this key pass stat includes simply the last pass before a player taking a shot like Torreria did just before the goal, which was a tame speculative effort since nobody was in space, he was 35 years out and had nothing on, that 'key pass' as per usual a sideways, safe pass.

This is just adding more fuel to my fire to why i cannot stand Ozil, hes clearly playing in a safe, pussy like manner so his stats appear amicable to justify selection to the spreadsheet guys but when you just watch him, he is an nothing, useless player who is at least totally out of excuses already for his crap. For now his presence here is stopping us from buying a replacement we desperately need.

The most important stat don't forget along with 0, yes ZERO shots today once again! I mean he's had 6 shots the entire season mind you.

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

Just pointing out that statistically he was our best player today, yet he is apparently to blame for our draw and the sky is falling again.
It's interesting that when he was assisting for fun in his career, the Ozil haters told us all how meaningless the assist stats were.

Face it, you wer upset with the result so you vented on your number 1 hate figure.

Statistically he wasn't the best player. Mustafi was followed by Xhaka according to who scored. But these stats really are done by people who love and know numbers and create an algorithmic score with no perception whatsoever on the effectiveness on the pitch itself.

Ozil had a high pass accuracy rate as mentioned. If you passing sideways & backwards all game so your pass accuracy is high and this within the algorithm helps to raise the overall value based on his position. You will receive a decent score.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shits which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

This is why unless the player scores or assists to add weight to the score these stats are highly misleading but yet serve as more evidence to why the game is so shit these days and how players like Ozil aswell as Lingaard at United get away with doing next to nothing for what they are paid. Their people around them know what they need to do at the bare minimum to now just please the spreadsheet people.
Even if your useless in your effectiveness when you see him play. The spreadsheet, data analysts may also see your shit on the pitch but have the nunbers to twist things if you know how to play the numbers game.

Even if your shit, don't worry, don't take risks, just pass sideways and backwards a lot so your 'pass accuracy' will boost your algorithmic score.

Pretty much. Same goes for the key passes/chance creation stats. I honestly think we need to move Ozil out of that attacking position and play him deeper. If he can't play there then he should be benched. We need an extra goal threat on the pitch and someone that opponents are worried about when on the edge of the box. Try Guendouzi.Try Martinelli. Nelson used to play as a 10....we need something different in that position. We've seen enough of Ozil in that 10 role and he's never going to be consistent there.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

You may do what Pepe or Martinelli did which is to take some risk, try dribbles, try to make risky runs, taking chances, shits which go wrong and statistically this is worse that playing the ball sideways and backwards.

Pretty much. Same goes for the key passes/chance creation stats. I honestly think we need to move Ozil out of that attacking position and play him deeper. If he can't play there then he should be benched. We need an extra goal threat on the pitch and someone that opponents are worried about when on the edge of the box. Try Guendouzi.Try Martinelli. Nelson used to play as a 10....we need something different in that position. We've seen enough of Ozil in that 10 role and he's never going to be consistent there.
I just think he has too big an entourage to be dropped. His team around him will start to drill up negativity again as soon as it happens. Player power is out of control and sadly its happening to us.

Ramsey I'm convinced quit on a free because of him, Iwobi and Miki were sold so he could at least be backup with only Ceballos who isn't really a proper attacking mid anyway, he's an attacking center mid who does most of his work in deep areas. Some fans really annoy me when they fart on about us not playing as well without him, yet we sold every goddam attacking mid we had anyway so him and Ceballos are the only players we have who can play that role.

His refusal to leave is our 2nd biggest issue we have behind the boards permanent incompetence. We so badly need players and signings, but Ozil doesn't care about anyone and don't care about our club. He loves his lifestyle in London and doesn't wanna leave and accept he does not deserve this lifestyle anymore.

24 million pounds is set to be wasted on this guy for the next 18 months if we don't get rid of him. That along with another sale could be used to buy Ziyech, Harit or even just a good attack minded CM and we can play 433, giving our wingers more licence to stay up the pitch.

Finally, an article which shows the damming facts of how useless Ozil has been for 2 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rs-bumper/

I think it will get to a stage like you mentioned where we will just need to bring Guendouzi or Willock in and go 433.
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:07 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

0 Goals.

1 Assist.

I just think he has too big an entourage to be dropped. His team around him will start to drill up negativity again as soon as it happens. Player power is out of control and sadly its happening to us.

Ramsey I'm convinced quit on a free because of him, Iwobi and Miki were sold so he could at least be backup with only Ceballos who isn't really a proper attacking mid anyway, he's an attacking center mid who does most of his work in deep areas. Some fans really annoy me when they fart on about us not playing as well without him, yet we sold every goddam attacking mid we had anyway so him and Ceballos are the only players we have who can play that role.

His refusal to leave is our 2nd biggest issue we have behind the boards permanent incompetence. We so badly need players and signings, but Ozil doesn't care about anyone and don't care about our club. He loves his lifestyle in London and doesn't wanna leave and accept he does not deserve this lifestyle anymore.

24 million pounds is set to be wasted on this guy for the next 18 months if we don't get rid of him. That along with another sale could be used to buy Ziyech, Harit or even just a good attack minded CM and we can play 433, giving our wingers more licence to stay up the pitch.

Finally, an article which shows the damming facts of how useless Ozil has been for 2 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... rs-bumper/

I think it will get to a stage like you mentioned where we will just need to bring Guendouzi or Willock in and go 433.

I caught that article today as well. It's really bad and I can only hope he steps his game up or we find a way to move him on. This is money being flushed down the toilet and it's down to incompetence. Raul has also handled this one poorly.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

What an appalling player. That back pass to Leno, and then that red card. Yuck.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Needs to be his last game, enough is enouhg.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Godlop » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 pm

You can't really judge an attacking players performance to much after a red card so early in the game but his lack of effort is simply appaling.
Playes like a 40 year old these days.
Should just retire imo.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:11 pm

Lazy ass game today. That early arteta boost he had seems to have gone.
#YoPierre
Santi
Member of the Year 2017
Member of the Year 2017

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 pm

He should be the first one subbed if this continues. 60 minute mark sub if he's not on it.
Power n Glory
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Who's fault is it that hes shit now? Arteta? Goonersaurus? Me?
UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 19
Member of the Year 2014, 19

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk