Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby swipe right » Fri May 10, 2019 12:43 pm

StLGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Ozil plays. Arsenal wins. Do your research.



Can you do it for me? What's the percentage? Because obviously it's not every time he plays.

Sure. But where does one find out such stuff? Any website you could recommend? Thanks in advance.
Five seasons before Wenger joined Arsenal league finishes were 4,10,4,12,5.
Five seasons before Emery joined 4,3,2,5,6.
End the myth that Emery inherited a shit squad and Wenger a great one.
swipe right
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 pm

swipe right wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Ozil plays. Arsenal wins. Do your research.



Can you do it for me? What's the percentage? Because obviously it's not every time he plays.

Sure. But where does one find out such stuff? Any website you could recommend? Thanks in advance.



Naw dawg! You're making the claim, the burden of proof falls on you!! ;)
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 34395
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Power n Glory » Fri May 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Rockape wrote:Must admit I feel obliged to comment on this thread after his performance last night.

It wasn’t because he struggled to get on the ball and do anything of note, it was his lack of energy throughout. I was actually shocked to see him pass the ball inside and rather than drive forward into the empty space in front of him for the return, he just stood and watched. It was bizarre!


It’s like he checked out for this game. I thought Xhaka and Torreira were having poor games but I’ve seen that before where Ozil would drop deep and help receive the ball and be an outlet. There was none of that yesterday. Pressing was half hearted and there was one moment where you saw the huge difference where Aubameyang came sprinting across the other side of the pitch to close down his man and when the ball went over to Ozil’s man it was a real half-hearted attempt to close his man down. Not sure what happened yesterday but the effort wasn’t there.
Power n Glory
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I mean... he started both legs...we scored 7 and he is not on the scoresheet

was not creative

I did mention that his mates need to look to involve him AS WELL as him looking to get involved....

ima keep rooting/hoping for him to get the ball and do something w/ it...
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Rockape wrote:Must admit I feel obliged to comment on this thread after his performance last night.

It wasn’t because he struggled to get on the ball and do anything of note, it was his lack of energy throughout. I was actually shocked to see him pass the ball inside and rather than drive forward into the empty space in front of him for the return, he just stood and watched. It was bizarre!


It’s like he checked out for this game. I thought Xhaka and Torreira were having poor games but I’ve seen that before where Ozil would drop deep and help receive the ball and be an outlet. There was none of that yesterday. Pressing was half hearted and there was one moment where you saw the huge difference where Aubameyang came sprinting across the other side of the pitch to close down his man and when the ball went over to Ozil’s man it was a real half-hearted attempt to close his man down. Not sure what happened yesterday but the effort wasn’t there.


Indeed. What pissed me off about him yesterday was that he would make a pass up to Auba or Lacazette from perhaps the half line and simply jog a bit but not making any effort to join into the attack. No defending, no pressing, no supporting the forwards as a 10 must...just plain lazy. He has no pride until he is subbed and then HE gets pissed off. The man is a cancer at this point, and no other club wants an overpriced slacker.
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Phil71 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:10 pm

You can see in his own face that he knows he's not playing as well as he can.

I hope we can add more quality in the summer, and that he can get his head clear and have next season be the best he's every played.
User avatar
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Sims » Fri May 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Apparently he put a big shift in yesterday despite not seeing the ball a lot

Can anyone confirm
Image
User avatar
Sims
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 28881
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Mess » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Losmeister wrote:I mean... he started both legs...we scored 7 and he is not on the scoresheet

was not creative

I did mention that his mates need to look to involve him AS WELL as him looking to get involved....

ima keep rooting/hoping for him to get the ball and do something w/ it...


Some would say: "Well, his pre-pre-pre-pre assist to Xhaka, an 8 yard side pass, is what started the whole series of plays leading to our goal. He really control the tempo"

We all know he's got talent, loads of it, but let's be honest: He's been piss poor this year. I'm not seeing any "incredibly incisive passes that only Ozil can deliver because of his second to none vision".
Mess
Charlie George
Charlie George
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby ag6789 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Though I like him a lot, but must say he's been lacking in energy and effort of late.
I think we are where we are this season is due to our fantastic strikers. They've missed some sitters but scored tons of important goals , mostly between the two of them, kept us afloat.
Losing any of them in summer, would be really bad.
ag6789
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby themessiah » Fri May 10, 2019 2:46 pm

User avatar
themessiah
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: London

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Sims wrote:Apparently he put a big shift in yesterday despite not seeing the ball a lot

Can anyone confirm

Image

Image

:shifty:
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Sims » Fri May 10, 2019 3:03 pm

I weren’t able to watch the game in it’s entirity
Image
User avatar
Sims
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 28881
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby aniym » Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm

He ran a lot, looked completely worn out when he was taken off. He usually covers a lot of distance anyway, but struggles to make impact.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5404
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Angelito » Fri May 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Haters gonna hate.

Ozil has played in as many finals as Henry has—winning more, whilst scoring as many.

Legend. :arse fan:
Image
User avatar
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 25232
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 am
Location: The Overlook Hotel

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Angelito wrote:Haters gonna hate.

Ozil has played in as many finals as Henry has—winning more, whilst scoring as many.

Legend. :arse fan:



Serious, Ang... you mention Ozil in teh same breath as Henry. That's certifiable. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8677
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yandex [Bot], Zedie and 4 guests