Mesut Özil (10)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Tony_Adams » Wed May 01, 2019 9:01 pm

aniym wrote:Difference is Fabregas was 24, actually world class and being tapped up by Barca. No club will pay 350k pw for what Ozil offers.

Ozil is 30 and has had 1 great season for us, 3 years ago when Utd, City, Chelsea all shat the bed. You'd have to go back to his RM days 6 years ago to find his last great season.
USA or China, big pay day imo
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:04 pm

No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

He’s under contract, and if Arsenal decide to sell him he would be due compensation in relation to that contract.

So even if a player is desperate to leave, his advisors will be telling g him to say he wants to stay at the club forever.
Phil71
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Tony_Adams » Wed May 01, 2019 9:08 pm

Phil71 wrote:No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

He’s under contract, and if Arsenal decide to sell him he would be due compensation in relation to that contract.

So even if a player is desperate to leave, his advisors will be telling g him to say he wants to stay at the club forever.
Exactly
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13

Postby aniym » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 pm

Phil71 wrote:No player would start off with a position of stating they want to leave.

Well, duh. This is not a question of Ozil wanting to leave, why would he? Good player on his day, but he has no hunger like RVP and Alexis had, the sort of desire to win that made them gamechangers. We will see the exact same performances from him next year, and people will blame everything except him, despite the fact that he hasn't changed his approach since Wenger brought him in.

I don't recall L Suarez commiting to Pool in 2013 when we were after him, it was the club insisting he wouldn't be sold. He submitted a transfer request to join us FFS.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Pretty sure cesc said the same thing before he left tbh

Cesc wasn't on £350k pw.

No ones going to pay Ozil that money outside of China and players become a joke when they make those moves, no, Ozil's nest egg is well and truly feathered, mans comfortable.

As long as he plays good football, I don't mind.

Do we trust this club to buy anyone better? we just lost Ramsey ffs, how many more can we lose?
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

Postby aniym » Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm

We need squad depth more than we need Ozil's inconsistent genius. His wages cover those of 3 players.
aniym
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 02, 2019 12:27 am

So top players like RvP, Cesc, even Sanchez all realise that they can't win trophies whilst Arsenal keep refusing to upgrade the squad, so they move on ... player's happy with the large pay package and who will say all the 'right things' but contribute very little ... they all stay

Big fish in a small pond? Is that loyalty or laziness?

The fault is with Wonger's decade of failed recruitment and contract management ... but that's no excuse for players now taking the easy ride ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Thu May 02, 2019 5:26 am

Mesut Ozil reveals he will stay at Arsenal next season despite tough time under Unai Emery: 'Absolutely... I have two years left on my contract'................and at £350,000 a week he is going nowhere, so we are stuck with him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 winner
Predictions League 2016-17 winner

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Thu May 02, 2019 1:52 pm

Why wouldn't Ozil stay? He's getting 350K p/w to maybe play. His pay packet affords him to live in one of the biggest media markets in the world. He gets to drive sick cars. His wife is good looking. Do you see the views he posts from his place? Best of all, he only plays sometimes. For me, that is key to him. As a Real fan as well, I've never rated Ozil because he is a player who does not like to compete for his spot and those types of players are not WINNERS / CHAMPIONS.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 pm

from gurdian fiver
"“Now that Mesut Özil has declared that he won’t be doing anything to turn off the tap that gushes £350,000 a week into his bank account, may I also tell the world my own news? I shan’t be doing anything to change my very comfortable and pleasantly undemanding life. I never knew he and I had so much in common” – Charles Antaki."
Losmeister
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby HalHartley » Thu May 02, 2019 5:38 pm

What a performance vs Valencia. GOAT
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby themessiah » Thu May 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Masterclass like this needed today.
themessiah
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Fri May 03, 2019 4:43 am

Different proposition with him playing. :cloud9:

We did miss Ramsey, however.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hybrid47 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:27 am

He's still my fave :arse fan:
Hybrid47
Michael Thomas

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 03, 2019 9:45 am

My one criticism is he needs to drive forward more with the ball then lay it off.

A number of times yesterday he had the ball, panned the horizon and both Laca and Auba (for some reason) were static with a defender on their back so no good passes were on.

Firstly if this happens he should go forward with the ball like Kolasinac does because that then draws defenders and you can flick the ball off when the attackers get open, 2nd as I mentioned in the Unai thread in those situations when there's no movement up front he could really use a Ramsey running in from behind from Midfield as the extra man to lay the ball off to.

Other than that its another example of AOL plus the 3-4-1-2 is the thing that's working for us as when it is static for us up front the Wing backs are running the overlap as an out ball, even if we lost with it once it doesn't change the fact that we can't even win playing 4-4-2 or even the 4-3-3 at the moment.

Mkhi was also a decent sub to inject some fresh pace and change the look of the CAM position for the last 15mins.
DiamondGooner
Member of the Year 2018
Member of the Year 2018

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk