The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Soooo Ozil's back

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 am

Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Sims wrote:3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win

He was terrible at Spurs, goals are good but it's not really what he's here for, I'd rather him concentrate on defensive duties. (Maybe he wouldn't be so attack poised if we had a reliant robin upfront)

Um what?

He's not here for goals but you want him for defensive work?

He's here as a central midfielder, his job is to attack and defend, no point us playing 5 in midfield if he is going to stroll back as if he were a forward.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fas91 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:35 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Sims wrote:3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win

He was terrible at Spurs, goals are good but it's not really what he's here for, I'd rather him concentrate on defensive duties. (Maybe he wouldn't be so attack poised if we had a reliant robin upfront)

Um what?

He's here as a central midfielder, his job is to attack and defend, no point us playing 5 in midfield if he is going to stroll back as if he were a forward.

lol what is this? :rofll:
YEah lets trade Ozil for Jordan Henderson, will give us a lot of defending.
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:56 am

Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Um what?

It's tracking back, it's part of the modern game and since fullbacks have started to act more and more like wingers, the need to track back for midfielders will only increase.

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fas91 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:59 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Um what?

It's tracking back, it's part of the modern game and since fullbacks have started to act more and more like wingers, the need to track back for midfielders will only increase.

Not for AMs especially the world class ones...I don't think I have ever seen David Silva track back.
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:

So was everyone else. Only Monreal came out with any credit from that clusterfuck.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Pudpop » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm confused as to why Ozil is still getting stuck for his defensive work? He's been better defensively than Welbeck and Walcott in the last two games ffs
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Um what?

Not for AMs especially the world class ones...I don't think I have ever seen David Silva track back.

I said the same about Mata, deemed surplus to requirements by Mourinho and rightly so.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

So was everyone else. Only Monreal came out with any credit from that clusterfuck.

'Everyone else' was not terrible, we've lost 6-0 and 8-2, we know what terrible means.

For 56 minutes Tottenham were shut up, I would say the team was poor including some terrible individual performances.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fas91 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:08 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Fas91 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Cripps wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Um what?

I said the same about Mata, deemed surplus to requirements by Mourinho and rightly so.
quote]

Just because Mourinho doesn't like players who don't enjoy parking the bus doesn't make it right. Silva had the most assists last season in the PL in the same season City won the league...and he was not asked or needed to track back.
Fas91
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:33 pm

Looool this is madness
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Fas91 wrote:
Just because Mourinho doesn't like players who don't enjoy parking the bus doesn't make it right. Silva had the most assists last season in the PL in the same season City won the league...and he was not asked or needed to track back.

Park the bus haha, he wasn't asked to sit behind the ball he was simply asked as one is expected to do, to get back and help the team if you lose the ball. Basics. I'm sure Silva does track back and will help out defensively.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TOP » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

Good example to bring up the Mourinho and Mata situation, especially considering Ozil played almost every game and was 1 of his favourites at Real lol
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:57 pm

TOP wrote:Good example to bring up the Mourinho and Mata situation, especially considering Ozil played almost every game and was 1 of his favourites at Real lol

When the focus is on attack (like I said RE: Villa 5-0), then he excels, it's just when we are asked to sit and close up a little he then goes missing. Not to mention how different La Liga and Prem are.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Smitty_AFC » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:32 pm

the best #10 in the world, who is being played out of position, but has been on fire since he returned (except for vs spurs where we were in all out park the bus mode) is still getting abused?

this is why we can't have nice things anymore...
Smitty_AFC
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Smitty_AFC wrote:the best #10 in the world, who is being played out of position, but has been on fire since he returned (except for vs spurs where we were in all out park the bus mode) is still getting abused?

this is why we can't have nice things anymore...

They'd rather have Scotty Parker playing cause he fackin' runs rand a bit.

Our fanbase is a disgrace in all honesty
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby addict » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:37 pm

It's the big picture. How is it so hard to understand.

We never ever seem to do well against decent opposition with Ozil starting. You think it's a coincidence, I don't.

Well, keep watching football you might learn a thing or two about the game. Good luck
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club