The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby elkanofan » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 am

Ozil has 0 assists under Arteta.

His only two assists this season was the open goal backheel vs Liverpool reserves in the mickey mouse cup along with a fluke corner goal from Lacazette vs Brighton.

One was for Emery, the other was Freddie's 2nd game i think.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:00 am

He is just a joke but some people can't accept that, this is boring now, sad thing is nobody else wants him so we are stuck with him sadly.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:25 am

Allegedly we had an offer for Ozil in Janyary but pulled the plug

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1237149/arsenal-transfer-news-mesut-ozil-mikel-arteta
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Goonerz wrote:At least I am not full of Ozil's shit like you are.. You have your little head buried so deep inside Ozil's rectum that you don't even smell his shit anymore.

Ozil's is a jogger.. He will jog around for 90 minutes at the same low energy pace. It does not matter if he is trying to win the ball back, he will just keep jogging at the same low energy pace.. Only people that bury their heads in the sand would say otherwise.

And I don't know how old you are but you come off as a typical social media type of troll by the way you engage with people. You seem to have this triggered "I am always right" kind of attitude. And when your bubble is burst you turn to swearing and cuzzing.
Sometime you sound like an adult but most times you come off as some juvenile social media troll that turns to speech like;
"You have been REKT."
"DESTROYED"
"Rude Boi" etc..

I will tell you a secret. You are not the most intelligent person in the world.S so just debate people's opposing opinion without turning to swearing / cussing etc..

And you are yet to answer my question..
If Ozil is as amazing you lot keep claiming then how come no big club has ever come in for him since he has been here? He literally ran down his contract and still no one came in, apart from the Chinese, Turkish, Arabian clubs and PSG.
PSG has been the most consistent club in this, I remember when Madrid got rid of him, it was Arsenal and PSG that came in for him. No other so called serious Big Club even tried.

Bad exit to his Madrid stay. They got Rid.
Bad exit to his Germany National team career. They got rid.
Bad ending to his Arsenal career etc. We have been trying to get rid since 2018..

Can you see a pattern here?

Listen clown, I don't write like a f***ing div, so show me where I have ever used the terms "REKT" or "Rude Boi" :rofll:

I would be surprised if I have ever used the term "DESTROYED" too, not my style when I crucify people, I use other terms. So if you are going to accuse me of doing something, at least quote the right poster LOL.

I am no social media troll, I just put people in their place when they chat shit. I can take onboard an opposing argument and acknowledge it on merit if it is well put, I don't always think I am right, there are loads of examples on here where I have conceded a point or argument if I am wrong, couldn't care-less if I am right or wrong. If I am wrong then it means I am learning something and I love to learn. But like I said, I like putting people in their place when they chat shit. I don't think I am the most intelligent person in the world at all, I think I am above average - and smarter than YOU though.

Most of what you have written is bollox ! For example, Ozil RETIRED from the German National team, they never got rid like you claim. Bad exit to his Madrid stay ? He had the most assists at the club and most assists in La Liga during his time there, there was no bad blood either, Ancelotti came in and sold him to make way for Gareth Bale, as he confirms here, for the balance of the team with the purchase of Bale, they could sacrifice the creativity/quality of Ozil for the workrate of Di Maria. http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/251325.html

Even the senior players were angry Ozil was sold.

So the only pattern I see is ...... you chatting bollox.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:34 pm

aniym wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
King of Highbury XIV wrote:What makes you think he had it in for Ozil? Because he benched him? I guarantee you if Arteta had options, he would bench Ozil too. I’m sorry I’m not buying into the new storyline that Emery wanted to show Ozil up. Emery needed Ozil to do go to succeed. You do know Ozil smokes, consistently drinks coffee and doesn’t give two craps about his nutrition. Same guy who is pictured going to get pizza at midnight before a game. You don’t think that has something to do with why he can’t even play 60min at full intensity? And you’re going to sit there and trash the rest of the team? He’s the leader, he’s the highest earner, he sets the example and he sure as hell set a good one.

Have you been in a cave or something? The man came to the club and said he wanted Ozil to work harder, marginalised Ozil and then dropped him to make a point.

News flash; players who can't do what the manager wants, get dropped. Has nothing to do with 'making a point'.

Might be a new concept at Arsenal, where a certain manager gave Giroud a free run at CF for 5 years and handed out contract extensions like candy.

We have Arteta at the helm now and even he isn't putting up with Ozil's lack of impact. He gave him a long leash at the start, having him play 90 mins, and is now yanking him off at 60.

So why did Emery go back to Ozil with his begging cup, when the team were in a bad way and in a bad run and after losing to the Scandinavian part timers away ??? It was exactly making a point and it backfired.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:37 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:In 11 games under Arteta Ozil has 0 goals and 1 assist and that one dude on here consistently says he’s the best player on the pitch XD. What are you watching? The game or Ozil’s dick print?

the lengths people go to, to discredit Ozil !! 11 games under Arteta ?

Arteta has only managed 9 games at Arsenal, 2 of which were FA Cup Games.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:
King of Highbury XIV wrote:In 11 games under Arteta Ozil has 0 goals and 1 assist and that one dude on here consistently says he’s the best player on the pitch XD. What are you watching? The game or Ozil’s dick print?

the lengths people go to, to discredit Ozil !! 11 games under Arteta ?

Arteta has only managed 9 games at Arsenal, 2 of which were FA Cup Games.

You know your wrong when you start arguing semantics. Ok, in 9 games under Arteta, Ozil has 0 goals and 0 assists. That better? XD. Bbbbbbbut.... ozil.... what a f***ing a loser
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:14 pm

I can guarantee you the same ppl in here who defend Ozil are the same ones who would go on IG to look @ Sanchez’s dogs and then talk about how he’s world class.

You guys like Ozil because of some social media presence. Only other thing I can think of is that he came to Arsenal when we were no longer a top 4 club and because Real oversold us their trash, ppl feel like he must be good. Real sold him after they realized anyone can assist Ronaldo. Haven’t look back since selling him.

Ozil came here and didn’t do shit aside from leading the league in empty calorie stat like chances created. How were his chances finished? How does his trophy cabinet look? This guy is a straight up loser and due to his position has to have an elite attacker with him or he can’t do shit. That’s a good player? One you handicap the rest of the team because Ozil can’t carry his own weight.

I suppose you guys will say he’s showing the youngsters how to be a professional by smoking cigs, running down his contract, going to war with managers over his lack of output and just being a complete diva? No other rationale fan base will defend this loser. So please throw out another empty calorie stat like running in pockets to justify that loser’s presence on the team. Do you even watch football and understand what’s supposed to be going on on the pitch???
Last edited by King of Highbury XIV on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:15 pm

Ozil hasn't made an assist away from home in over 2 years now. Pretty shocking.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:18 pm

Reading the increasing levels of hatred being spewed about 1 player (who happens to be one of our better players), I think I have finally realised that there is more to the hatred than football. Simply not worth engaging with these lunatics. The same ones who dismissed Ozil's assist numbers when they were the best in the league are now using that stat to drive their agenda.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:24 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Reading the increasing levels of hatred being spewed about 1 player (who happens to be one of our better players), I think I have finally realised that there is more to the hatred than football. Simply not worth engaging with these lunatics.

That’s what you post when you can’t come up with some bs like he’s best player on the pitch despite being subbed after 60 min? Looks like the post of someone who has accepted his favorite player is dog shite.
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:28 pm

When Ozil retires no one is gonna give two shits about him and most likely the sentiment from Arsenal fans will be thank god. At no club will he be considered a legend.

How is arsenal supposed to get better when we have fans that support a loser? Is that our bases mindset as well? We have the mindset of losers?
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:49 pm

The discussion about Ozil's past form reminds me of how some United fans defended Rooney's abysmal performances on 300k pw by pointing to his world class performances in past years.

But ultimately everyone saw he was completely past it. They just couldn't admit it right away because Rooney had been a top player for them for many years and the speed of his decline caught them by surprise.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:13 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Reading the increasing levels of hatred being spewed about 1 player (who happens to be one of our better players), I think I have finally realised that there is more to the hatred than football. Simply not worth engaging with these lunatics.

That’s what you post when you can’t come up with some bs like he’s best player on the pitch despite being subbed after 60 min? Looks like the post of someone who has accepted his favorite player is dog shite.

He was subbed because he was ineffective at that stage and wasn't getting on the ball. Doesn't change the fact that, up until that point, he was the best Arsenal player on the pitch.

But that kills your narrative so you would never admit that actually, Ozil was in fact far from being the worst player on the pitch.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Ozil hasn't made an assist away from home in over 2 years now. Pretty shocking.

Set up both goals in the 2-0 win in Milan in 17/18
Set up maitland niles goal at Liverpool in the league cup this season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club