The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Sims » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:58 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:Cyn saying libtard is still not as bad as him rating Mkhitaryan imo

Oh look, a libtard in the wild. Quiet everyone, you might spook it!

I guess the idea of Ozil not liking gays confuses you, as you've been choking on his d*** for the past 4 years

Can confirm I would lick Ozil’s smeg
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 pm

UFGN wrote:That's one of the most misinformed and ignorant things I've ever read on this forum.

There certainty is a section of the LGBT community who are particularly political and cringy but that is not what this is about

Not one player has come out. Now unless you believe that out of the hundreds of Prem players nobody is gay, ask yourself why that is

Arsenal are overall probably the best club for support of the gay community but that is not replicated across football.

Well ok. Refer to my last sentence.

As for why no one has come out, I think that's pretty obvious and I'm sure you do too. Nobody wants to be the first. They don't want the fanfare, they don't want to go down in history for non footballing reasons and who can blame them? Maybe, just maybe they agree that football should be about football, not idealogical agendas
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Dear God nobody ever talks about his football, get rid of this motherf***er already, him and iwobi could bring us some needed cash.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby StLGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:08 pm

What would the world think of gay people if religions were never invented?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be as big of an issue, but then again many things probably wouldn't if people could just let go of their antiquated beliefs. Or at least just keep it out of entertainment and politics.

If this is true though, then I have less respect for Ozil.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:09 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:That's one of the most misinformed and ignorant things I've ever read on this forum.

There certainty is a section of the LGBT community who are particularly political and cringy but that is not what this is about

Not one player has come out. Now unless you believe that out of the hundreds of Prem players nobody is gay, ask yourself why that is

Arsenal are overall probably the best club for support of the gay community but that is not replicated across football.

As for why no one has come out, I think that's pretty obvious and I'm sure you do too. Nobody wants to be the first. They don't want the fanfare, they don't want to go down in history for non footballing reasons and who can blame them? Maybe, just maybe they agree that football should be about football, not idealogical agendas

Another f***ing ignorant comment

It's a political agenda to come out is it?

Nothing to do with a player maybe wanting to have a family life, adopt kids maybe, have their partner attend events with them like wives of players often do?

That's an agenda is it?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm

UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Nothing to do with a player maybe wanting to have a family life, adopt kids maybe, have their partner attend events with them like wives of players often do?

That's an agenda is it?

What has adopting kids and wanting a family life got to do with this campaign?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

That's an agenda is it?

Players don't feel safe enough to come out so can't have those things unless it's undercover
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:21 pm

UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

That's an agenda is it?

I said idealogical not political there mate. Similar, but different. If you're gonna call me ignorant with nothing to back it up, at least get your story straight.

The whole LGBT rainbow armband is an idealogically motivated agenda yes.

You're erecting a straw man argument there UFGN. Players can do whatever they like, nobody is stopping them. What I said is perhaps they simply weigh the pros and cons of coming out PUBLICLY and decide they'd rather not. What's wrong with that? Seems a bit entitled to me to expect players to come out when their job has absolutely nothing to do with their sexuality
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

That's an agenda is it?

I said idealogical not political there mate. Similar, but different. If you're gonna call me ignorant with nothing to back it up, at least get your story straight.

The whole LGBT rainbow armband is an idealogically motivated agenda yes.

You're erecting a straw man argument there UFGN. Players can do whatever they like, nobody is stopping them. What I said is perhaps they simply weigh the pros and cons of coming out PUBLICLY and decide they'd rather not. What's wrong with that? Seems a bit entitled to me to expect players to come out when their job has absolutely nothing to do with their sexuality

This is absolutely not a straw man argument, it's front and centre part of the same issue.

Gay people rarely if ever choose not to come out. They feel they must not for various reasons

In this day and age coming out means coming out publically. You know that perfectly well. Unless you expect them to hide their family in a cellar?

You just said a few posts back that football is equal for gays. So why do they feel unable to come out?

It's something you will duck and avoid because you know it undermines your argument

If a player can duck showing support for LGBT and then get support for that on a football forum, maybe that's part of the problem?

UFGN

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:37 pm

UFGN wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
UFGN wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

That's an agenda is it?

Players don't feel safe enough to come out so can't have those things unless it's undercover

Nah, if we're talking about a star player being booted out of a club because he refuses to wear the rainbow armband, am I wrong to assume it's safe for a gay player to come in football today? If people want to keep their private lives away from the press, that's fine. If you were talking stopping certain chants and the focus was on a hostile crowd, cool. That makes sense. But what you've said doesn't.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Sims » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 pm

I like how all this started based from an absolute non starter comment left by some spaz on an AFTV video
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Sims wrote:I like how all this started based from an absolute non starter comment left by some spaz on an AFTV video

Serious? Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Well ok. Refer to my last sentence.

Not sure about this because how could a player be gay in these times of social media, Facebook etc etc and NO ONE know about it?

I know it seems weird that not one player is but practically all of them have wags etc so its not like we don't know who players date.

If Wayne Rooney couldn't hide his granny fetish how is a player going to hide that he has a boyfriend?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Ronaldo got clocked tbf, he didn't have it in him to come out though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Ronaldo got clocked tbf, he didn't have it in him to come out though

Well that's what I mean, makes me suspicious if there are any in the prem, otherwise how could it be kept secret these days?

Its all fair and well us saying "What if they're scared to come out" well lets be honest, do people even get the choice to keep it hidden these days? Instagram, FB, invites to social events, pics all over the internet.

I'm not sure I'm buying it that there even is any?

NFL player came out and that's in the rough and tough American football league, I don't see any reason a prem player in this day and age would hide it quite frankly, if black players survived the 70's and 80's a gay player would have it easy in comparison.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club