The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Why does Ozil's thread explode with comments when we lose and he didn't play ?? :dontknow:

Emery deserves everything he gets for dropping Ozil, you find a space for Ozil, he is your most creative player, nobody even come close to his class at spotting a pass. Instead Emery is feeding us some bullshit football.

He knows what works, why does he feel the need to hamstring the team because of some misguided principle?!! Play your best team FFS
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:18 pm

^ because of the above Emery quotes?
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm

I don't really like Ozil but he is one of our best players and should play regularly. If he doesn't perform, he should be dropped for no more than a game. I've criticized him a lot but he really is being mismanaged big time, to our detriment.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:44 pm

I knew it was over for ozil when unai came. But he f***ked up ramsey. As well. And has no options now. Then I watched this guys style of play and it was horse shit. first 4 games i knew we was doomed. What elite manager has our most creative player last season be used as a bench player. He then did this to ozil and plays neither together.

Are most creative players have been used to come off the bench.Like they are academy players. How the f**k your two most creative players have sub stats of the likes of adama traore.

Unless a new manager turns up. Or Ozil goes to china. He's is just going to be that guy that stays for money.
Last edited by realtalk on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Yikes this is starting to look really bad not gonna lie
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

This motherf***ing delusional manager won't even name Ozil on the bench. He's absolutely taking the piss. Mark my words, this fucktard will lose the dressing room sooner than later. One has to be a special kind of delusional to think that Ozil shouldn't even be on the bench let alone start.

I'm done with this so called Manager.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 pm

realtalk wrote:I knew it was over for ozil when unai came. But he f***ked up ramsey. As well. And has no options now. Then I watched this guys style of play and it was horse shit. first 4 games i knew we was doomed. What elite manager has our most creative player last season be used as a bench player. He then did this to ozil and plays neither together.

Are most creative players have been used to come off the bench.Like they academy players. How the f**k your two most creative players have sub stats of the likes of adama traore.

Unless a new manager turns up. Or Ozil goes to china. He's is just going to be that guy that stays for money.

He didn't fk up Ramsey did he!

The Ramsey situation was before Emery arrived, was it Emery who ran down his contract without extending it, was it Emery who refused Ramsey's hostage wages? AFC and Ramsey did that.

So stop talking bollocks.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Still wanna know how Ozil didn't even deserve (emery's words) to be in the squad. Was he that bad in training? Was there a bust up or something?
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jedi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
He didn't fk up Ramsey did he!

The Ramsey situation was before Emery arrived, was it Emery who ran down his contract without extending it, was it Emery who refused Ramsey's hostage wages? AFC and Ramsey did that.

So stop talking bollocks.

Tbf it really seems to me like the contract was there on the table but the board did a U-turn because Emery decided Ramsey wasn't in his plans.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Emery isn't doing himself any favours by not putting Ozil in the squad. Fair enough if you don't like him in your first 11, but not having him on the bench is insane and it opens him up to critisism. I'd love to know what's going on behind closed doors. At the end of the day he needs to either be involved, or sold. Except we can't sell him because nobody would buy him on that wage.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Still wanna know how Ozil didn't even deserve (emery's words) to be in the squad. Was he that bad in training? Was there a bust up or something?

To be honest, I seriously doubt that there's any substance behind that claim. As I've mentioned in the Emery thread, he seems to dodge and deflect a lot, and fails to take responsibility, which worries me a lot, since the demagoguery and arrogance was probably what I hated the most about our previous manager.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby realtalk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Still wanna know how Ozil didn't even deserve (emery's words) to be in the squad. Was he that bad in training? Was there a bust up or something?

Come one Bro you complicating it for nothing. They don't agree on style of football.. Its clear ozil is not a fan of emerys football approach or coaching. To be real Emery was always going to clash due to his style of play.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:25 pm

Nejch wrote:

To be honest, I seriously doubt that there's any substance behind that claim. As I've mentioned in the Emery thread, he seems to dodge and deflect a lot, and fails to take responsibility, which worries me a lot, since the demagoguery and arrogance was probably what I hated the most about our previous manager.

I'm not claiming that is what happened, I am specualting upon Emery's strong language.

I mean, there isn't any plausible way that "deserve" gets lost in translation. So, it's either a complete fabrication by the manager for unknown reasons, or he actually meant it.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 pm

realtalk wrote:

Come one Bro you complicating it for nothing. They don't agree on style of football.. Its clear ozil is not a fan of emerys football approach or coaching. To be real Emery was always going to clash due to his style of play.

I'm not complicating anything. Emery said Ozil didn't deserve to be in the squad. That is actually what he said. It's on Arsenal.com ffs.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:
Nejch wrote:

I'm not claiming that is what happened, I am specualting upon Emery's strong language.

I mean, there isn't any plausible way that "deserve" gets lost in translation. So, it's either a complete fabrication by the manager for unknown reasons, or he actually meant it.

It may just be trying to justify his team selection or he has a grudge with Ozil, not for anything specific I reckon but because he just doesn't like him as a player. Ozil seems to lack some qualities that Emery rates highly, such as tracking back, work rate, and the like. I'm quite disappointed that he can only see him in that regard and doesn't recognize that he is vital in some matches like today.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club