The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Ozil didn't want to play half of last season any excuse will probably sideline him just saying
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Phil71 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:15 pm

I think footballers nowadays have their arse wiped for them and are molly coddled.

“How are you feeling?”
Ahh two guys were arrested outside my house...I don’t feel great really.”
“Look why don’t you have the day off...we’ll swallow the £350k, don’t worry about a thing...get some rest.”
Yeah alright, cheers.”
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think footballers nowadays have their arse wiped for them and are molly coddled.

“How are you feeling?”
“Look why don’t you have the day off...we’ll swallow the £350k, don’t worry about a thing...get some rest.”
Yeah alright, cheers.”
Ozil, maybe. Can't imagine Kola saying that though.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Kronke likes shooting shit maybe he could do the security lol
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nejch » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Phil71 wrote:I think footballers nowadays have their arse wiped for them and are molly coddled.

“How are you feeling?”
Yeah alright, cheers.”

I would expect players of that caliber to have a high degree of tolerance for stress like this and still perform, but no matter what they earn, they're still human. Still believe they should be able to travel to the game.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:02 am

Get the fat lads at AFTV to mind over them. DT, Troopz and the other wannabe hard men should show their game at a time like this.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:56 am

VCC wrote:Ozil didn't want to play half of last season any excuse will probably sideline him just saying

Stop hating!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:59 am

And there you have it, a subsequent incident (at least one) outside Ozil's home led to the arrest of the two 27 year olds.

If you were Ozil and your family were inside would you want to leave them while "people" were coming to your house giving you aggro? Ozil is soft as shite, but what does that matter, he wants to stay and protect his family, its a natural reaction to a threat against your family.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 am

theHotHead wrote:And there you have it, a subsequent incident (at least one) outside Ozil's home led to the arrest of the two 27 year olds.

If you were Ozil and your family were inside would you want to leave them while "people" were coming to your house giving you aggro? Ozil is soft as shite, but what does that matter, he wants to stay and protect his family, its a natural reaction to a threat against your family.

Maybe check into a hotel for a little while?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby UFGN » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 am

For what its worth, I was robbed two years ago by a couple of moped riding scum. I wasn't physically hurt but I didn't feel like doing much afterwards.

Its complicated. All logic and all your mates etc will tell you that all that matters is you weren't hurt. But inside, youre raging. You want to go to war. You want to find out who they are and you want to go pay them a visit with the lads

All illogical. In my case, there were two of them, in motorbike helmets and leather jackets. I didnt have time to react. If I had what would have happened? Probably wouldn't have ended well lets be honest.

Even so I felt like shit and performed badly at work for at least a week before I fully shook it off.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 am

Man some of you guys act like your opinion is what matters. You will always find something to complain if you search for it.

Even me with not a crazy big house and security at my home would NOT pack my things and stay at a hotel for a few days. This would send wrong signs for the criminals.

I would stay with my family protect them and my house. This shows strengh. Don‘t let others control over your life. Not playing is terrible enough.
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Ach » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:18 am

BerlinGunner90 wrote:Man some of you guys act like your opinion is what matters. You will always find something to complain if you search for it.

Even me with not a crazy big house and security at my home would NOT pack my things and stay at a hotel for a few days. This would send wrong signs for the criminals.

I would stay with my family protect them and my house. This shows strengh. Don‘t let others control over your life. Not playing is terrible enough.

This.

They shouldn't give a shit about a football match when their and family safety is at risk. And it's serious enough to be deemed a threat so it's not just some prank caller or whatever.

I'm sure they've been advised to stay home.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:38 am

Phil71 wrote:Two men were arrested outside Özil’s home.

Ferhat Ercan, 27 and Salaman Ekinci, 27, were charged on Friday under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates' court next month.

Turkish or Kurdish names. Political? Over-zealous fans?

Political methinks something to do with his best mate in Turkey.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:34 am

I hate how political mumbo jumbos affect our club's stability. This is unreal. After Ozil confrontation with his national team, Xhaka and Lichtsteiner goal celebration issue and that dreadful Baku EL final and now this? I don't know about other clubs, but it seems to happen to us quite often lately.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 am

Fran Solo wrote:I hate how political mumbo jumbos affect our club's stability. This is unreal. After Ozil confrontation with his national team, Xhaka and Lichtsteiner goal celebration issue and that dreadful Baku EL final and now this? I don't know about other clubs, but it seems to happen to us quite often lately.

Celtic and Rangers say hi

Chelsea also say hi
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club