The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby swipe right » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:00 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:Ozil isn't splitting the fanbase.

Emery and the club are doing a good job themselves by spearheading the worst defensive record in Arsenal's history of the last 40 years - and by playing a turgid brand of uninspiring football, whilst also failing to get any positive results and all of this while alienating our best player and biggest star.

Yes, it's that bad for Arsenal's standards.

Unai Emery has been managing for over a decade now. He's a good manager but not at the level of Pep, Klopp, Simeone, Conte, etc. Ask any PSG supporter: his weird subs, baffling formations, and stubbornness is written in bronze in Paris. And, he's not a good man manager. If you're not at Pep or Simeone's level tactically, you have to have Zidane's man-management.

We have to look head-on at the real issue. Wenger warranted his power and position at Arsenal. Emery isn't Wenger.

Question.

What sort of top manager is going to come here..........honestly.

Bit tired of this "We're Arsenal of course managers are going to come".

Really? didn't we try to get Juve's manager and he told us no, all the top managers we went for turned us down, we were left with Arteta, Brendan fkin Rogers and Emery.

We were even looking at newbs like Vieira.

We're a disgrace, what manager is going to want to come to a club with a budget less than Evertons? they know the fan base expect top 4 and they know they'll get out spent, out resourced, out matched by all the rest of the top 6 then they'll cop the blame.

We're a fkin shambles and you think well respected managers are going to risk their reputation with our stupid set up?

What we need to do is get back to using all our best players, even Ramsey, who I don't even know what we're saving him for, we may as well use the sh*t out of him and send him to Juve burnt out, play Ozil etc and bench all these fkin sh*t bags we're trying to rely on to get us to the next level.

They better pray we make top 4 because we're not going to be in a good position come summer if not, we're coming apart at the seams.

Raul has a lot to answer for, he's the one guy who could apart from the budget, right all these wrongs.

Yep. Maybe we should’ve kept the one we had? Glad you’re doing around to it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Question.

What sort of top manager is going to come here..........honestly.

Bit tired of this "We're Arsenal of course managers are going to come".

Really? didn't we try to get Juve's manager and he told us no, all the top managers we went for turned us down, we were left with Arteta, Brendan fkin Rogers and Emery.

We were even looking at newbs like Vieira.

We're a disgrace, what manager is going to want to come to a club with a budget less than Evertons? they know the fan base expect top 4 and they know they'll get out spent, out resourced, out matched by all the rest of the top 6 then they'll cop the blame.

We're a fkin shambles and you think well respected managers are going to risk their reputation with our stupid set up?

What we need to do is get back to using all our best players, even Ramsey, who I don't even know what we're saving him for, we may as well use the sh*t out of him and send him to Juve burnt out, play Ozil etc and bench all these fkin sh*t bags we're trying to rely on to get us to the next level.

They better pray we make top 4 because we're not going to be in a good position come summer if not, we're coming apart at the seams.

Raul has a lot to answer for, he's the one guy who could apart from the budget, right all these wrongs.

You raise a lot of very good points which is why we must give Emery a chance ....

We allowed Arsene and Gazidis through years of flawed transfer policy, mismanagement of contracts, and I suspect the onset of senility to drag our club from EPL challengers to a top six side struggling for 4th spot ... that's all history we can't change it.

The reality is that Wonger and Gazidis left us cast adrift from the Elite, you're right that when Wonger finally got the boot it was to late, no top manager looking at the squad he would inherit, at a club with no transfer budget, massive wages, and an owner who was never going to put in any money, would even look at us. Just look at who didn't want the job and then who was left as 'possibles' ....

None of that has changed if anything it's got worse as the near impossibility of Emery's task has been revealed. Calling for Emery to be sacked? What's the point ... he was the best we could get last summer and for sure we won't get anyone better now.

When Dalglish wrecked Liverpool they went through eight 'average' managers Moran, Souness, Evans etc. and 20 years before finally getting Klopp with a 300m transfer budget.

We can't afford to make our manager's position a revolving door for average mangers ... Emery is proven quality, maybe not the very top but for sure the best we can get ... not sticking with him could be as disastrous for us as the series of Liverpool managers was for them

The failure isn't Emery's it can all be laid at ten years of ruination by Wonger and Gazidis ... whilst all those around us moved forward we spent a decade studying our navels and pontificating on how our way was the best way ... disastrous but it's done, we can't change history.

What we can do is stand together give Emery our support and let him have the two years he was promised ... arguing about Wonger, Kroenke, Ozil all a bit of fun but ultimately useless ... it's support not criticism that's now needed.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am

Marsbar100 wrote:If he has been told by the board he needs to get rid of ozil he should have just been honest instead of using him as a scapegoat, not ozils biggest fan but you can't have double standards, mkhy is only fit enough to rim ozil immediately after a prolonged dihareea session but he is one of his favourites.

This guy seems like he loves a power trip, he started Ramsey 5 games in a row, as soon as it became apparent Ramsey wasn't going to sign he was out the team like he had offended emery for not wanting to stay with him.

Bitch behaviour, isn't that one of the things PSG players felt he was a bit of a bitch, didn't even Ben arfa ruin him lol.

I don't think he has been told anything by the Board. The Ramsey question is a good example. Why would you stop starting him in games when a decisions has already been on his future and we have injuries?

I'm not totally convinced that there is a conspiracy against Ozil from the Board. They might just be backing Emery up with the team he wants to build. Chambers and Elneny all signed new deals recently but seem to have no future here under Emery. Lich a new a signing. That's at least 3 players that are costing us at least £150k a week in wages.

Also, Emery has a history of doing this. Yes, he fell out with Neymar but it was the same for Lucas Moura.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... g.amp.html
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:32 am

theHotHead wrote:Lol, Ozil must have mental health issues :rofll:

The shit people write.

Looooool
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby swipe right » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:46 am

Doesn’t look like the main man has any problem with him.

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby BerlinGunner90 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 am

For me Emery seems to be a shady person. He is a bit ignorant with his recent team selections and holding back MÖ. We clearly have problems but he rather fails than playing a different system or for example bringing back MÖ.
BerlinGunner90
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 am

Angelito wrote:Ozil isn't splitting the fanbase.

Emery and the club are doing a good job themselves by spearheading the worst defensive record in Arsenal's history of the last 40 years - and by playing a turgid brand of uninspiring football, whilst also failing to get any positive results and all of this while alienating our best player and biggest star.

Yes, it's that bad for Arsenal's standards.

Unai Emery has been managing for over a decade now. He's a good manager but not at the level of Pep, Klopp, Simeone, Conte, etc. Ask any PSG supporter: his weird subs, baffling formations, and stubbornness is written in bronze in Paris. And, he's not a good man manager. If you're not at Pep or Simeone's level tactically, you have to have Zidane's man-management.

We have to look head-on at the real issue. Wenger warranted his power and position at Arsenal. Emery isn't Wenger.

We conceded 60 goals in 1983/84 35 years ago
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:29 am

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Dynamite wrote:Silva 76 assists since 2013/2014
Özil 73 assists since 2013/2014

/Transfermarkt

I guess the stats above are outdated. :think:

And Silva has spent nearly half of his time at City playing on the wing.

Mate thats twaddle. Silva plays in the middle, stop lying.

Doesn’t Eriksen also spend a lot of time on the Wings himself?

Hahahahahaha :rofll:

If you say so :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:33 am

swipe right wrote:Doesn’t look like the main man has any problem with him.

Another conspiracy busted.

And those mental health issues are real :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

/Transfermarkt

He is not lying.

Eriksen has played 114 times on the wing for Spurs.

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

/Transfermarkt

Why are you trying to ridiculise what he says?

Silva has covered the wing on 162 separate occasions for City.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Just read that ozil has been sick 7 times within 18 months in year 2017 and 2018.

Wenger also said at the time that there is somethint wrong with his immune system. And i think ozil has already been sick twice this season. Why hasnt this been adressed yet? Clearly something is going on with the fact.

(I know, emery also has his reasons why ozil is not playing)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Josh Kroenke, all the money in the world but the dress sense of my grandad.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Dejan wrote:Just read that ozil has been sick 7 times within 18 months in year 2017 and 2018.

Wenger also said at the time that there is somethint wrong with his immune system. And i think ozil has already been sick twice this season. Why hasnt this been adressed yet? Clearly something is going on with the fact.

(I know, emery also has his reasons why ozil is not playing)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Both Emery and Ozil can f**k off after this season for all I care. Neither of them come out of this looking good.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Im done with Ozil. Guy is soft and must be sold in the summer. We are mugs for backing him in any way.

Madrid knew he was soft hence why they got rid of him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:26 am

Zenith wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

/Transfermarkt

He is not lying.

Eriksen has played 114 times on the wing for Spurs.

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:

/Transfermarkt

Why are you trying to ridiculise what he says?

Silva has covered the wing on 162 separate occasions for City.

Lol, Zenith you are stone cold, not a hint of humour or irony, but I know that you know ..... that I know :)
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club