The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Someone will soon be on to poo poo your stats as irrelevant. Either that or the humble pie they are eating will keep them full until the next game.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:11 pm

Good performance but let's not forget the other 15 games this season with no goal or assist, if anyone can rescue him I feel it will be arteta let's hope he does.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:12 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Good performance but let's not forget the other 15 games this season with no goal or assist, if anyone can rescue him I feel it will be arteta let's hope he does.

He played exactly the same in the other 15 games.
Top class - every single time he plays.

The difference today was the improvement in the movement of our forwards and Ceballos proved an excellent partner (similar to Cazorla)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:Someone will soon be on to poo poo your stats as irrelevant. Either that or the humble pie they are eating will keep them full until the next game.

I thought we needed a massive overhaul in the squad for this type of performance?

Ozil is more than capable when he's ready to turn it up a notch. Excellent performance and you don't need padded stats to explain it.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:19 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Good performance but let's not forget the other 15 games this season with no goal or assist, if anyone can rescue him I feel it will be arteta let's hope he does.

Top tier trolling this - hilarious.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Probably best for you to just eat your humble pie and be content.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 pm

Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

We all know how Ozil fans behave.

He played well though. Got his goal. Although we all know this was a wonderful team performance and only the naive will get carried away by Ozil in this match.

Hopefully some mugs in the summer will buy him off us do we can go after what should be our number one target in Harit from Schalke.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:17 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He played well though. Got his goal. Although we all know this was a wonderful team performance and only the naive will get carried away by Ozil in this match.

Hopefully some mugs in the summer will buy him off us do we can go after what should be our number one target in Harit from Schalke.

Today was yet another demonstration of what you've been told about Ozil but can't grasp.
When the team plays well, he's invariably our best player.
When the team plays poorly, he simply does his usual class neat, tidy, good possession and control game without making an impact on the result.
We already know this about him.
Unfortunately you still have not grasped he's not Messi or Maradona and isn't going to win a game on his own.

When we don't win - you blame Ozil
When we do win and he's excellent, you call it a 'team performance'.

Your Ozil analysis is laughable.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:27 pm

One of the reasons he was better today is because he didn't just hang up top getting by passed by Xhaka and our CB's.

In the 2nd half he came deeper to get on the ball, carried it forward and got involved earlier getting himself on the ball for longer periods.

Look where his run started for his goal.

Also that reverse pass to Pepe in the box was sublime.

He's not going anywhere so the sensible thing to do is use his talents, the team should be playing at a level where Ozil can be effective, if Ozil is not effective because the team are being static and sh*t then that doesn't benefit anybody.

Lacazette was having a similar problem, if the team doesn't get that service into the box then he's out the game as well, we should be asking more of the team rather than pile on talented players suffering because of our teams low level, Lacazette was and is a good goal scorer, its just as a CF relies on service more than Auba and Pepe who can carry the ball.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:18 am

Ceballos effect, no? I think Ozil's best spell with us was back then when he had Cazorla behind him. And Ceballos plays one him.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 am

Yes. Correct Fran Solo. I knew Ozil would respond better today with Ceballos behind him if we played well. Although the last time we won by 4 goals in the league was a match i was at where we smashed Bournemouth 5-1 so I'm certainly not getting carried way. Almost a year since Ozil last scored.

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Dejan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Today was yet another demonstration of what you've been told about Ozil but can't grasp.
When the team plays well, he's invariably our best player.

Saka was our best player vs Newcastle.

But your trolling so....

When the team plays poorly, he simply does his usual class neat, tidy, good possession and control game without making an impact on the result.

Controlling the game so much we been outshot and dominated by our opponents and he's be consistently substituted in the second half of almost all recent matches he's been involved from the start.

But your trolling so....

We already know this about him.
Unfortunately you still have not grasped he's not Messi or Maradona and isn't going to win a game on his own.

When we don't win - you blame Ozil
When we do win and he's excellent, you call it a 'team performance'.

If he's not Messi or Maradona then why are we paying him Messi and Maradona level player wages at 350k a week? Why wont able else take him off us when we want3d to sell him this summer?

He played well today, if he continues i will be happy but overall we need to wake the f**k up and be smart. Use this form if he shows it to entertain creditable offers from whoever in the summer and get him off our wage bill. Replace him with a proper playmaker like Harit from Schakle. A player who won't have to rely on the entire team to play really well to get a 7.5/10 .

Your Ozil analysis is laughable.

Well at least i make you laugh :). Your trolling sure needs work though. C'mon Jay I expect much better from you. Is that really all you got. I'm so disappointed.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:56 am

Regular performance from him as per ush.

The only difference was the goal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerz » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 am

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:I have been consistent with my criticism of Ozil since 2014-15 when people started blaming GIROUD for why Ozil was not performing. They scapegoated Giroud for why Ozil was underperforming to the day he was sold to Chelsea.
I am not taking away his career highs from him. My only contention is that he has been a joke for the majority of his time at My Club (Arsenal). Apart from his purple patch for half of the 2015/16 season. By December of 2015 he was back to the ozil we know today. Had a good few games in his first season then Giroud started being his supporters go to scapegoat.
He had few good games from between October 26th away at Everton in 2017 to December 2017. Then back to koala bear Ozil. Had a good game against Leicester last season. Had a 3 good games under Arteta so far and like always now back to koala bear Ozil.
You can literally count how many good games he has had at Arsenal in more than 6 seasons.

He was amazing for Germany and Madrid. But why did Madrid let him go in his prime? He was 24 years old. What does that say? May be his team mates made him look better than he really was? I don’t know.

Germany pushed him out.

He has been a divisive figure at Arsenal for seasons. I have never seen a so called world class player divide opinion for 6 seasons at Arsenal like Ozil. Same debate between Pundits and other clubs supporters etc.

But you are still not answering my question. If Ozil is so amazing and a world class player like you keep saying then how come he has not convinced all of us the Arsenal fans since he has been here? How come not a single big club has ever tried to sign him in all his time here? When Madrid wanted to get rid of him who came in for him? Arsenal and PSG. That was it.

Ran down his contract hoping and waiting for big clubs to come in for him. But crickets. Not a single club even tried.

A few days ago news just came out that a a late bid came in for Ozil from one Qatari club. But that Arteta blocked the move because he did not have enough time to find a replacement.

This keeps reaffirming my take on the Ozil myth.

Madrid got rid of him at the age of 24. That is him entering his prime. And who were tripping over themselves to sign him? 4th place strugglers Arsenal and PSG.

Germany pushed him out.

Arsenal have been trying to get rid of him since 2018.

Since he has been here. Who has tried to sign him?
Turkish clubs.
Chinese clubs.
MLS clubs.
PSG
And now a Qatari club.

But he is world class and we his critics are the delusional ones that know nothing about football.
Isn’t it?

Why did Madrid let him go in his prime ? Why did Spurs let Bale go in his prime ? Why did Arsenal let Vieira go in his prime ? Why did Man U let Ronaldo go in his prime ? Why did Liverpool let Suarez and Coutinho go in their prime ? Dollars !!

Again you claim Ozil was pushed out by Germany, thats complete lies and you know it. The German national team flopped at the World Cup, Ozil was scapegoated as usual and decided to quit the national team, he was not pushed anywhere. In fact, there were reports from the German FA (or perhaps directly from Low) that Ozil would be welcome to return to the team if he had a change of heart, hardly the actions of an entity that pushed Ozil out !!

You keep harping on about how many teams came in for Ozil when Madrid sold him, Arsenal at the time were a solid top 4 team and one of the biggest clubs in the world, far bigger than PSG. Its not like some 2 bob outfits came in for him !! Look at Eriksen, who came in for him knowing he wanted out of Spurs ??? Inter Milan and Inter Milan only as far as I can see. Does that mean Eriksen is shit or busted ? Of course not, who came in for a player means nothing at all. Who came in for Auba ? Nobody apart from Arsenal when we bought him, was he shit and busted too ???!!!

The first in BOLD.
For real. I think you would make a very good Politician or a Religious Apologist. The way you bend and twist reality in order for it to suit your opinion is amazing.

The second in BOLD.
If you don’t think that Low was just trying to be diplomatic about the whole situation then I don’t know what to say. If you really think that Ozil was ever going to be allowed back into that German dressing room by his teammates or the German National team supporters then pigs can really fly..

So he quit Madrid for Arsenal and was never pushed out. It was not made very clear to him that he was not wanted anymore? Hence why he jumped?

He quit the German National team for Arsenal. But it was not made clear to him that he was not wanted anymore? Hence why he jumped?

Anyways, moving on...
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:02 am

Angelito wrote:Regular performance from him as per ush.

The only difference was the goal.

Yes it was his usual performance.
Great in posession, clever passing, great at retaining the ball, high level of work rate, the best in the team at linking play.
Another class performance.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 am

he was fine/ok

goal was jamm as fuxck cos he tapped it directl;y at the gk as if he wanted it to land as softly as possible in his arms, but the gk dropped it. awful goal.

good team play to get it to the doorstep.

and carrying theball thru 45 yards of empty space is something wilshere can do.

but, ya know, its reall ozil football club, not arsenal
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club