The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 am

Some people have issues separating truth from non-truth, fact from fiction. Some people also have a problem with paraphrasing, a synonym of which is to "express differently" what was written, meant or inferred.

It is not possible to have a conversation with anyone that makes things up as "facts". :naughty:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Chris Sharma » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:25 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This whole taunting business from Ozil's fans who gloat when we win with him in side and loose without him and his baiters who gloat when we win without him and loose with him in the side is the reason why we see so much bickering in this thread.

I am not a fan of Ozil but i can see that he can be really effective in 100 percent of home games and 80 percent of the games away. Now do not flame me or throw statistics on my face for expressing my opinion. Against top sides and physical oppositions [away] there is a question mark against his effectiveness by a lot of people and not all of them can be wrong. Now i am not saying he has never performed in big games just that our side looks more balanced and functions better as a unit when we are up against it.

Now again i am not expecting him to track back. I am just saying in games where there is need for additional protection needed in the midfield we need to go a flat three midfield leaving Ozil out. He can always come on from the bench if we needed a goal.

No player can do everything. That is simply not possible. So it is the manager's job to identify those games where he has to pick players who can be effective in a said situation.

I agree on everything you said :cheers:
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
fredd1 wrote:Could of done with Ozil yesterday.We didn't have someone with his vision if we had we would of won.Iwobi is utter shit.Contributes absolutely nothing.Holds onto the ball too long and doesn't look for a player.People say Ozils lazy which alot of us know it's not true by the distance he covers in games he maybe a fairy but not lazy.Look at Iwobi he doesn't exactly put a shift in himself

We created enough chances without özil. welbeck and lacazette cost us the win. With iwobi it worked and was one of our best games. He worked hard and also created. Great talent and should start the next game

???? Zero attempts on goal in the second half .... how is that 'we created enough chances' we created almost nothing ...

Was just about to say that.

We had barely any service almost zero bar a deflection and I think one other, Lacazette and Giroud were feeding off less than scraps.

The only time Laca had ball to feet is when he came deep to get involved, laid it off and nothing ever came back to him.

This is because we swapped Ozil and Sanchez for work horses, so that's what you have to expect.

As I said we played for the draw and would of been lucky to have nicked something.

Better to be solid away from HOME at Chelsea, a draw or a point is not the worst result for us away from home to a Top 4 team... It gives us some confidence instead of going there get smashed 3-1 or 2-0 or 6-0 and then start going on about how so and so created 2 chances that we should all celebrate. Those 2 chances always seem to come at a price of leaving us exposed for 90% of the game because we seem to be playing with 10 men. :think:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 am

Goonerz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
fredd1 wrote:Could of done with Ozil yesterday.We didn't have someone with his vision if we had we would of won.Iwobi is utter shit.Contributes absolutely nothing.Holds onto the ball too long and doesn't look for a player.People say Ozils lazy which alot of us know it's not true by the distance he covers in games he maybe a fairy but not lazy.Look at Iwobi he doesn't exactly put a shift in himself

We created enough chances without özil. welbeck and lacazette cost us the win. With iwobi it worked and was one of our best games. He worked hard and also created. Great talent and should start the next game

???? Zero attempts on goal in the second half .... how is that 'we created enough chances' we created almost nothing ...

We had barely any service almost zero bar a deflection and I think one other, Lacazette and Giroud were feeding off less than scraps.

The only time Laca had ball to feet is when he came deep to get involved, laid it off and nothing ever came back to him.

This is because we swapped Ozil and Sanchez for work horses, so that's what you have to expect.

As I said we played for the draw and would of been lucky to have nicked something.

Better to be solid away from HOME at Chelsea, a draw or a point is not the worst result for us away from home to a Top 4 team... It gives us some confidence instead of going there get smashed 3-1 or 2-0 or 6-0 and then start going on about how so and so created 2 chances that we should all celebrate. Those 2 chances always seem to come at a price of leaving us exposed for 90% of the game because we seem to be playing with 10 men. :think:

:clap:
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:This whole taunting business from Ozil's fans who gloat when we win with him in side and loose without him and his baiters who gloat when we win without him and loose with him in the side is the reason why we see so much bickering in this thread.

I am not a fan of Ozil but i can see that he can be really effective in 100 percent of home games and 80 percent of the games away. Now do not flame me or throw statistics on my face for expressing my opinion. Against top sides and physical oppositions [away] there is a question mark against his effectiveness by a lot of people and not all of them can be wrong. Now i am not saying he has never performed in big games just that our side looks more balanced and functions better as a unit when we are up against it.

Now again i am not expecting him to track back. I am just saying in games where there is need for additional protection needed in the midfield we need to go a flat three midfield leaving Ozil out. He can always come on from the bench if we needed a goal.

No player can do everything. That is simply not possible. So it is the manager's job to identify those games where he has to pick players who can be effective in a said situation.

Let's cut down the political correctness of not trying to hurt Ozil fans feelings. I would prefer playing Ozil in HOME games against the Top 4 / 5 teams but consider not starting him away from home against the same Top 4 / 5 teams..
I just wish we had another AM like Rosicky in there, we just seem to only have one AM and not a variety.. Seriously in these away Top 4 games you need more fighters, hustlers for the ball. Passive spectators that only have busts of involvement here and there during the whole 90 minutes away from home can be part of the problem. I say we play those kinds of players in home games and consider dropping them for our away games against the Top 5 teams..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:01 pm

This Ozil subject is turning into the new front line.

OKB vs OOB

Some of our fans don't deserve players with near WC skills, some only appreciate grunt football.

Wenger needs to decide what type of team he wants to build because atm he seems completely reactionary.

Nothing wrong with being adaptable but being too adaptable usually means your not good enough in one area to dominate.

ATM we're stuck between wanting to be a skillful flair team and on some days an organised, grind out a victory through wearing down our opponent type team.

TBH I don't care which one we go for as long as we win but he needs to make his mind up.

This decision directly effects Ozil's suitability to the team, saying Ozil doesn't fit in a skillful, flair team would be insanity.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Wenger needs to decide what type of team he wants to build because atm he seems completely reactionary.

Nothing wrong with being adaptable but being too adaptable usually means your not good enough in one area to dominate.

ATM we're stuck between wanting to be a skillful flair team and on some days an organised, grind out a victory through wearing down our opponent type team.

TBH I don't care which one we go for as long as we win but he needs to make his mind up.

This decision directly effects Ozil's suitability to the team, saying Ozil doesn't fit in a skillful, flair team would be insanity.

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Andrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Goonerz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Kite33 wrote:

:clap: :clap:

Put a solid defender on Özil and we're immediately playing with 10 men.
Every half decent coach in the league has figured that out.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andrew » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:24 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This Ozil subject is turning into the new front line.

OKB vs OOB

Some of our fans don't deserve players with near WC skills, some only appreciate grunt football.

What Wenger want and what we all want ( except maybe Özil fanboys) is to win. That's the bottom line
We used to play a much better style ( flair style if you want) many years before Özil got here. Its not like he is the one that makes our game attractive.

I've never seen us look so hopeless as we've looked against top teams since we got Özil.
Losing 10-2 agg to Bayern, beaten by Monaco, destroyed in the league against every top team away, clueless against defensive sides...
The Özil experiment needs to end !
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 pm

ozil made the most tackles of anyone on the pitch in our away leg against Bayern with 5
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Andrew wrote:What Wenger want and what we all want ( except maybe Özil fanboys) is to win. That's the bottom line
We used to play a much better style ( flair style if you want) many years before Özil got here. Its not like he is the one that makes our game attractive.

I've never seen us look so hopeless as we've looked against top teams since we got Özil.
Losing 10-2 agg to Bayern, beaten by Monaco, destroyed in the league against every top team away, clueless against defensive sides...

........... and those losses were all down to one player you have an agenda against?

Yes makes sense to me.

Because football is a 1 man sport and Ozil is a defender to boot responsible for us shipping a hat full of goals, nothing to do with our defence or goalie?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby fredd1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Andrew wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:This Ozil subject is turning into the new front line.

OKB vs OOB

What Wenger want and what we all want ( except maybe Özil fanboys) is to win. That's the bottom line

Well that great style of football youre on about won us fuk all in 6 yrs before he and Sanchez arrived.So yes lets get rid and then we can go back to winning fuk all again,
Lets get rid of Wenger then the problems solved Ozil shouldnt be the scapegoat for the failings of our shit manager.

OZILS fault again tonight for the shocking dreadful performance from our team once again
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:24 am

He's gone in January / June so this debate is pointless - he's a world class player who we can't fit in our side ... end off ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's gone in January / June so this debate is pointless - he's a world class player who we can't fit in our side ... end off ....

wenger wasted ozils prime playing with walcott and giroud.....thats the sad reality
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

gooney wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:He's gone in January / June so this debate is pointless - he's a world class player who we can't fit in our side ... end off ....

wenger wasted ozils prime playing with walcott and giroud.....thats the sad reality

............ and we're still yet to see AOL, what is Wenger thinking?

That front line up could devastate most teams in the league, its almost like Wenger doesn't want us to see what we're going to end up losing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club