The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Manoban » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:There will always be a f***ing scapegoat. Ozil is singled out because he doesn't track back. Welbeck was singled out because he was too good at tracking back qnd the defensive game.

Its all bollox. People just dont like players so they have to find faults.

I’ve already said I think Özil is a good player, and I don’t hold him responsible for any of our failings.

But he obviously doesn’t fit with how the new manager wants us to play, and he doesn’t seem to want to adapt, so he has to go.

Replacing the manager is cheap, buying a new top 5 in the world attacking midfielder is not
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BS221B » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 am

Emery on where Denis will play: "He can play right, play left, inside like a 10 player, & I am going to use him in all the positions in the attacking third"

More proof that Ozil is done under Emery.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:21 am

Laughing at people who think Ozil is not a great player. Yeah cause we don’t like seeing football like this...
https://youtu.be/8z3Mj6_H_40
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:29 am

theHotHead wrote:Thew problem is if all we do is attack from wide areas its predictable and its not like we have a target man to convert these crosses. What we need is guile down the middle too, to give teams something to think about. When Ozil is played further forward he sees those passes others don't, hence why none of us that defend Ozil want to see him tracking back, he can't do any damage. Ozil played best for us when he had Cazorla in midfield because Cazorla was technically superb and he linked up well with Ozil, he could carry the ball forward and Ozil saw plenty of the ball. You had Theo making runs from outside to in.

It could be that Denis Suarez is more like Cazorla and I'm hoping Emery plays both Suarez and Ozil together, Ozil needs quality around him and he needs good movement. He's still got it.

So are you saying Auba and Lacca are not the best striking pair we've had in a decade? that a team which has already scored 50 EPL goals this season lacks forward movement? that Theo (where is he know?) was a higher quality player than we have now? are you taking the piss?

Or as usual are you just ignoring the fact that in 1,057 EPL minutes Ozil "he sees those passes others don't" has managed just one assist?

The problem is not the manager, the other players, the horrible fans ... it's Ozil not doing the business on the pitch ... actions speak louder than words so Ozil can still make his case, just not sure how many more opportunities he will get.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 am

theHotHead wrote:There will always be a f***ing scapegoat. Ozil is singled out because he doesn't track back. Welbeck was singled out because he was too good at tracking back qnd the defensive game.

That's not why.

Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ESR10 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:56 am

Emery denied signing Suarez, who played for him at Sevilla in the 2014-15 season, means there will be even fewer opportunities for Ozil.

"It's no change for him," Emery said of Ozil. "[Suarez] is coming here because we have a lot of problems on the wing, we haven't got players to play right or left - that is the reason."

Sounds like he wants to play 4-2-3-1 or a straight 4-4-2?
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby LMAO » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:06 am

^Yup, that's his preferred formation iirc
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:33 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Thew problem is if all we do is attack from wide areas its predictable and its not like we have a target man to convert these crosses. What we need is guile down the middle too, to give teams something to think about. When Ozil is played further forward he sees those passes others don't, hence why none of us that defend Ozil want to see him tracking back, he can't do any damage. Ozil played best for us when he had Cazorla in midfield because Cazorla was technically superb and he linked up well with Ozil, he could carry the ball forward and Ozil saw plenty of the ball. You had Theo making runs from outside to in.

It could be that Denis Suarez is more like Cazorla and I'm hoping Emery plays both Suarez and Ozil together, Ozil needs quality around him and he needs good movement. He's still got it.

So are you saying Auba and Lacca are not the best striking pair we've had in a decade? that a team which has already scored 50 EPL goals this season lacks forward movement? that Theo (where is he know?) was a higher quality player than we have now? are you taking the piss?

Or as usual are you just ignoring the fact that in 1,057 EPL minutes Ozil "he sees those passes others don't" has managed just one assist?

The problem is not the manager, the other players, the horrible fans ... it's Ozil not doing the business on the pitch ... actions speak louder than words so Ozil can still make his case, just not sure how many more opportunities he will get.

Have you seen Auba hold the ball up? Have you seen his lack of movement from wide positions? Terrible. Theo was many things but his runs from outside to in were terrific. Yes he ran offside but rather that than not to make runs at all.

Auba and Laca will score much more than Theo because they can both create something out of nothing, Theo can't, Ozil laid umpteen chances on a plate for Theo who went ahead and missed them too.

I'm also saying that it is no coincidence that Ozil's lack of productivity coincides with Arsenal's loss of Cazorla, it cannot be understated how good Cazorla was for the team and for Ozil in general. When I see Ozil on the ball I look for options and movement from Laca and Auba and its dreadful. I think this is down to either tactical problems or team imbalance, because I am certain if Auba was played up top with Laca (not as a wide man) we would see AOL destroying teams.

This is why I continually say, play to the strengths of the players you have.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:42 am

theHotHead wrote:Have you seen Auba hold the ball up? Have you seen his lack of movement from wide positions? Terrible.

So Auba with 15 goals this season is rubbish?

Auba and Laca will score much more than Theo because they can both create something out of nothing, Theo can't, Ozil laid umpteen chances on a plate for Theo who went ahead and missed them too.

So we agree Theo was pretty useless and our current strikers are better, so why only 1 assist?

I'm also saying that it is no coincidence that Ozil's lack of productivity coincides with Arsenal's loss of Cazorla, it cannot be understated how good Cazorla was for the team and for Ozil in general. When I see Ozil on the ball I look for options and movement from Laca and Auba and its dreadful. I think this is down to either tactical problems or team imbalance, because I am certain if Auba was played up top with Laca (not as a wide man) we would see AOL destroying teams.

Ozil's best and honestly his only good season was 2015/16 he played 35 games with 19 assists and 6 goals ... that season Cazorla manged just 15 games and only 3 assists .... the season before 2014/15 when Cazorla managed 33 games with 11 assists and 7 goals, Ozil only managed 21 games with just 5 assists ... are you sure you are an Arsenal fan? The truth is they both played far better when the other player wasn't on the pitch, I thought all Arsenal fans knew that ...

So don't play Ozil and score more goals

You have to understand a bit about our history before making such utterly flawed statements ... Ozil and Cazorla were never a great double act they were in truth always getting in each others way.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Have you seen Auba hold the ball up? Have you seen his lack of movement from wide positions? Terrible.

So we agree Theo was pretty useless and our current strikers are better, so why only 1 assist?

Ozil's best and honestly his only good season was 2015/16 he played 35 games with 19 assists and 6 goals ... that season Cazorla manged just 15 games and only 3 assists .... the season before 2014/15 when Cazorla managed 33 games with 11 assists and 7 goals, Ozil only managed 21 games with just 5 assists ... are you sure you are an Arsenal fan? The truth is they both played far better when the other player wasn't on the pitch, I thought all Arsenal fans knew that ...

You have to understand a bit about our history before making such utterly flawed statements ... Ozil and Cazorla were never a great double act they were in truth always getting in each others way.

You mean like during the first half of 2015/16 when Ozil was in his best form for us and the two of them started 13 league games out of 19 together?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Pudpop » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 am

EliteKiller wrote:

You mean like during the first half of 2015/16 when Ozil was in his best form for us and the two of them started 13 league games out of 19 together?
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 pm

Cazorla made ozil play better imo.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:54 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

How does that prove my comment above is wrong ? If Auba is in the box he scores goals, he scored a couple outside the box. His hold up play is f***ing shit. His movement from wide areas is shit. Him scoring 15 goals says f**k all about my comment.

Because as I said, when Ozil plays Auba plays wide and is crap from wide areas, he has shit movement. Also, up until Bellerin got injured (the first injury) a lot of our game was full backs putting in crosses, the game wasn't played through the middle. And if you haven't noticed Ozil hasn't played much this season. Theo's game was suited to Ozil because he made good movement from wide areas

And this is why you are an absolute cock. During his first 3 seasons Ozil raced to top the chances created stats - while Cazorla was playing - before Cazorla's long term absence. Ozil creates chances, others miss them. Tell me tiny brain, if Ozil created all of those chances for others but didn't get many assists, why do YOU possibly think there could be that disconnect ??? Take your time, use your brain ......... I will put it another way. I create a chance for someone but I don't get an assist at the end, why could that be ? Is it because the other person missed the chance ????? Is that my fault ? I created the chance, you missed it, is it MY fault ?

you dumbass !

You have to engage your brain before you argue with me. Cazorla and Ozil couldn't play together according to you but Santi joined a season before Ozil , and Cazorla's performances were top rated for Arsenal not just during his first season but every bloody season he played. And Ozil managed to top the chances created stats for the entire league during his first 3-4 seasons at Arsenal. But but but both players could not play together :rofll:
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Manoban wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

I’ve already said I think Özil is a good player, and I don’t hold him responsible for any of our failings.

But he obviously doesn’t fit with how the new manager wants us to play, and he doesn’t seem to want to adapt, so he has to go.

Replacing the manager is cheap, buying a new top 5 in the world attacking midfielder is not

You think Ozil is a Top 5 attacking midfielder in the world?

If you do think that then you are living in the typical “OZIL DELUSIONAL LAND”.
:dizzy:
Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:03 pm

Ach wrote:
Goonerz wrote:Please let the PSG rumour be true. Ozil will do well there. Just a one club league. No pressure.

It seems like PSG, The Chinese clubs and Arsenal are the only clubs attracted with Ozil. Even when he was gotten rid of by Madrid it was between only Arsenal, PSG and Chinese clubs. And he always rejected PSG and the Chinese.

Please Ozil, can you also give the likes of PSG and tge Chinese clubs a chance?

Please.

But but no big clubs are interested in Ozil loool

Another thing you have been woefully wrong about regarding Ozil. Dear god has one player made a poster cry this much before?

Hahaha.
Since he moved here I have always cited “No big clubs were interested in Ozil apart from 4th placed Arsenal and PSG”.

PSG being interested in you has no privilege in it. Psg is like the chinese clubs of Europe.

Smh. Lol
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club