The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:17 am

SuperTurrek wrote:
UFGN wrote:
immsun wrote:Theres the reply from the Champion.

Ready to fight is the clear message. Training hard is the clear message.

Now only if emery held accountability for match performances rather than training we would be much improved.

Staying until 2021. Stop making him the scape goat.

Hell yeah baby.

Is highlighting his poor performances and snuggling up to a borderline dictator making him a scapegoat?

I enjoy reading your posts. But please don't talk politics.

Fact of the matter is Erdogan is a democratically chosen leader of Turkey.

The Turkish people, the majority atleast, support him and have voted for him.

He takes a picture with the leader of Turkey. That's it. A f***ing picture.

Its beyond retarded to attack him for this.

So let's say Donald Trump, the idiot President of the USA who is causing a lot of disruption in the world. Let's say an American origin athlete takes a picture with him. Who f***ing cares? Trump is an idiot but its his president. He can take a f***ing picture.

Grow up guys.
True.

Erdogan is a puppet for the Military Industrial Complex anyway. Their job is simply to assist the deep state with their endgame when needed and neutralized any complications.

I really really don't like that interview at all from Ozil. The racist abuse is wring, the thugs in North London who try to mug him are wrong however the rest he's just talking absolutley rubbish.

This interview confirms many of my worst fears. He really doesn't care about anyone but himself. His pathetic excuses for poor performances in big games stuck out for me. This is why he is so flawed and why his career as a top level player is over. He does not learn from his mistakes. This is a clear agent driven media work to save face for a overpaid douchebag.

I really do not want him around still in 2021.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:20 am

Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:22 am

superturrek.. please stfu on this one.... you dont know wtf you are on about
https://article.worldnews.com/view/2019 ... president_Erdogan_best_man_at_Mesut_Ozi/

https://article.worldnews.com/view/2019 ... Mesut_Ozi/
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 pm

Ozil, making haters hate even more. Hope they all choke on it
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Arsenal Is Wasting What Remains Of Mesut Özil’s Prime
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ar ... ils-prime/
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:18 pm

Ozil like the clubs money but doesn't really give a toss about the club, he is nothing but a bloodsucker who needs to be gone but sadly he will stay and doesn't care if he plays or not as long as he is collecting his wedge.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Rockape » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Nuggets wrote:Ozil like the clubs money but doesn't really give a toss about the club, he is nothing but a bloodsucker who needs to be gone but sadly he will stay and doesn't care if he plays or not as long as he is collecting his wedge.

I'm afraid I agree......he's on such an enormous amount of money, its made him soft. He's content with life in London, a £1,000.000 a month in his pocket and no real need to do something he doesn't want to do. If he had any pride, he'd move, but that just ain't gonna happen.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Can't they just release him then? Not sure what's in his contract, maybe we'd have to pay some of it, if it's guaranteed, but better to just let him go then if we ain't going to put him on the pitch. Makes no sense at all.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby immsun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Player makes admission that he wants to fight.

Pundits and people know his quality and what a maestro he is. 90% of the team can only dream what he does on the pitch and yet

Gets called Bloodsucker and what not.

Jeez
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gamechannel » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:57 pm

I really don't get the Ozil hate. The guy has not said anything negative about Emery or anyone at the club for the way the Spanish c*** has mistreated him. He has remained quiet while Emery and Raul have been taking shots at him. Even in the DO interview, he has stated he respects Brylcream's decision and will fight for his place. Why are people labeling him a cancer, bloodsucker, Diva and a pussy? He has remained quiet about his exile from the team and has been a good soldier. What's with the hate?

Fine, you don't like what he brings to the table (or not bring to the table). But attacking him based on his character is just stupid. Dude has been nothing but first class representing Arsenal - high wages notwithstanding
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mel4 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:05 pm

Lol... people just love to hate as it fuels their only purpose of selfworth.

Ozil like the Club's money? What the f**k is that about? Ozil, whether you like it or not is/was a big part of our recent trophy haul. If you want to talk money, Ozil signing made money for the club with people renewing their membership, merchandise sales in UK and internationally, was also a positive for peeps like Leno, Auba, and Laca signing for us. I have always been a supporter of athletes deserve as much as their presence brings to any club. If a player can bring a surge in your membership, merchandise sales or popularity internationally, in addition to playing well, then they deserve huge wages especially when the Wenger Era was a money saving era while Wenger, the execs and board all smiled to the bank.

And the man is right, his body language has been his body language from his Schalke days. If you want to change that, maybe you have to use voodoo.

I focus on the positives he has brought to the club, the stupid ones can focus on the negatives. Even if we had Messi in this Arsenal team or the last decade of Wenger, I am still not sure we will do well enough to win any trophy. Ask Messi, what has he won with Argentina National team? When a coach is as useless as Wenger was in the last decade of his reign and also as clueless as Emery is, or you have a team filled with Mustafi, Xhakas, AMNs, Iwobi, Giroud, etc.... you are wishing on a 6-pack when the gym, diet, or surgery is the only option :)

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 pm

StLGooner wrote:Can't they just release him then? Not sure what's in his contract, maybe we'd have to pay some of it, if it's guaranteed, but better to just let him go then if we ain't going to put him on the pitch. Makes no sense at all.

Moyes was sacked in April 2014 and got his last paycheque from Utd just a few months ago. If Ozil's was released from his contract, we'd still owe him 1.5 years of salary. It'll probably be easier for both parties to Winston Bogarde this out.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:25 pm

aniym wrote:Since this thread is now on Page 1200, I decided to hop back in time to Page 800, right around the time he signed his new contract in 2018.

It's literally been 400 pages of the exact same points said by different people over and over.
Which is why it baffles me people still seem to think he's even close to the level he was in 2016 even let alone some of these guys who still think Ozil will go back to his peak years between 2010 and 2013.

Living in a fantasy hype land where Ozil will remain world class forever is the only problem I see here. People do not want to watch games properly anymore and understand a players development/peak/decline life cycle. Ozil has now in Formula 1 pirelli tyres terms 'hit the cliff' the decline started all the way back in early 2017.

That interview really concerns me, he really has no fight in him whatsoever, he just wants to sit on his ass this and next season and keep his wages. I hope we sling him out the door in January and i will help drive him all the way to Fenerbache or Besiktas if needed. We must move on and we need those wages free so we can buy a proper quality AM.
Last edited by elkanofan on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby themessiah » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:34 pm

gamechannel wrote:I really don't get the Ozil hate. The guy has not said anything negative about Emery or anyone at the club for the way the Spanish c*** has mistreated him. He has remained quiet while Emery and Raul have been taking shots at him. Even in the DO interview, he has stated he respects Brylcream's decision and will fight for his place. Why are people labeling him a cancer, bloodsucker, Diva and a pussy? He has remained quiet about his exile from the team and has been a good soldier. What's with the hate?

Fine, you don't like what he brings to the table (or not bring to the table). But attacking him based on his character is just stupid. Dude has been nothing but first class representing Arsenal - high wages notwithstanding

Absolute rubbish, he played like trash under Wenger when there was only one system: pass it to Ozil.
Ozil retired the moment he left Madrid for Arsenal and I’m struggling to understand why Arsenal fans don’t get it.

A 2010 Özil still early in his career vs a 2019 Özil that’s won the WC, retired form German football with half the motivation. You might think Emery not faultless but Özil hasn’t adapted either. And it’s not as big a loss when you think about it.

Özil hasn't added anything to his game since 2010 yet fellow 10s have evolved into wide playmakers, 9s or 8s and added intensity both on the ball, off the ball & out of possession to remain relevant in the modern game.

He has basically retired from club football. His major concern now is his finances. He's got nothing to lose. At the time I couldn't understand us extending his contract for mega bucks.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerz » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 pm

LMAO wrote:Can't wait until Ozil leaves so the fanbase can move onto Xhaka.

With Xhaka nearly 99% of our fanbase is on the same page regarding his quality. Everyone agrees that Xhaka is not good enough for our team.
The difference between Ozil and Xhaka is that xhaka does not have a delusional/ cultish type of following. A loyal group of fanboys and fangirls that twist themselves into pretzels on each and every single discussion about him. Blame everyone and everything that they can think of under the sun in order to make themselves feel good about their favourite player.

If xhaka had a delusional fanbase like Ozil’s then he himself would be getting exactly the same criticism.
:biggrin:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club