The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Dejan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 am

VCC wrote:Ozil wasnt the main problem today,

Game management was
This.

Artetas was our main problem.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 am

Chris Sharma wrote:Dont know what you people are on. In overtime he was running like crazy and the goal and the Auba chance came from his crosses. He was dross for 70 min but so was everybody.
"costing Arteta his job" wtf????
That bum Luiz ducked twice from a headball and guess what, both time Olympiakos scored.
Leno....well....
In compared to Laca Özil played like a saint.

Chris, I think Ozil must've banged their birds, thats why they continually have a go at him mostly for not valid reasons.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:14 am

theHotHead wrote:
Chris Sharma wrote:Dont know what you people are on. In overtime he was running like crazy and the goal and the Auba chance came from his crosses. He was dross for 70 min but so was everybody.
"costing Arteta his job" wtf????
That bum Luiz ducked twice from a headball and guess what, both time Olympiakos scored.
Leno....well....
In compared to Laca Özil played like a saint.

Chris, I think Ozil must've banged their birds, thats why they continually have a go at him mostly for not valid reasons.

The way you carry on I might assume Ozil is banging you. It wasn't a good game for him or the majority of the players. We just have to accept that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:40 am

Game management was

This and this again.

Ozil played at the same level as the rest of the team, bar the 2nd half when he was actually one of our better players, driving forward and retaining the ball, giving it to Pepe etc, also made a couple of very good tackles for his standards.

It was his balls over the top into the box that caused the assist for our goal don't forget, everyone else apart from Saka was doing fk all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:49 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Game management was

This and this again.

Ozil played at the same level as the rest of the team, bar the 2nd half when he was actually one of our better players, driving forward and retaining the ball, giving it to Pepe etc, also made a couple of very good tackles for his standards.

It was his balls over the top into the box that caused the assist for our goal don't forget, everyone else apart from Saka was doing fk all.

Tell that to PNG that feels vilification of Ozil is justified after our loss. Let me guess, he is on £350K per week so he deserves it LOL.

Ozil was far from the worst player on the pitch and yet he gets the bulk of the criticism. Joke ting. No word about him helping drive us forward for the last 50 mins of the match (inc ET).
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:05 pm

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Game management was

This and this again.

Tell that to PNG that feels vilification of Ozil is justified after our loss. Let me guess, he is on £350K per week so he deserves it LOL.

Oil was far from the worst player on the pitch and yet he gets the bulk of the criticism. Joke ting. No word about him helping drive us forward for the last 50 mins of the match (inc ET).

You're way to sensitive when it comes to Ozil. You can see my posts on every single player. Lacazette is one of my favourite players but I don't act like a groupie when I can see who poorly he's playing.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Game management was
While its true. Arteta got it wrong and was the biggest reason we failed.

It was his failure to take players like Ozil and Laca off and rely so much on him in attack was a key failure point.

He is a ineffective player now. We have to just accept we have wasted money on him and we need to look at different solutions.

He should have been taken off for Willock. As Laca should have been taken off for Martinelli with Auba moving central.

Arteta f***ing up is to be expected. The guy is a rookie after all.

Ozil is on 350k a week and all he can do is pass well sometimes. Literally just pass well sometimes and the odd nice touch.

Yesterday was a horrible gut wrenching reality check for us all, why I'm back here venting is when your starting Ozil every week these results will continue because our midfield is shit and the guy on 350k a week should be doing more than passing well sometimes.

We need a total blank slate next season.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Chris Sharma » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:17 pm

"He should have been taken off for Willock"

Whaattt??
Willock was probably our worst player yesterday. In contrary to Martinelli, who again was very good.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Chris Sharma wrote:"He should have been taken off for Willock"

Whaattt??
Willock was probably our worst player yesterday. In contrary to Martinelli, who again was very good.

Yeah, I really can't understand the fascination with Willock. He had another one of those games where you wouldn't notice he was on the pitch.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Willock is in his first full season and for me has good potential to be a very useful squad player for years to come. He's not brilliant but he gives us something we so badly lack from our midfield which is how he carries the ball with his runs. We have no other midfielder who can do this

He's essentially a championship level player but we are that desperate now. He should be loaned out but what else do we have to play an attacking midfield role?

Ozil only gets in the team because his 350k has prevented us from buying not only just a replacement but even decent competition to play attacking midfield since we have other areas we were forced to spend on. His wage is so high we are forced to get the best from him and just look at this disastrous season as to the results of using him.

I knew we would fall short with this squad and him being a key squad player but even I didnt think he would be this bad.

I have never ever disliked a Arsenal player so much, not even Cygan, Squillachi, Stephanovs, Adebayor when he acted out.
They either couldn't help being shit and were benched or left before they became leeches like Ozil has, leaching 350k of us every single week.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:37 pm

Willock is not a 10. He doesn't have a final ball and has serious positional problems. We're better off playing him as a CM similar to how we played Ramsey. It's all well and good being able to carry the ball forward but our CM's struggle to get him the ball and when he eventually gets it he runs with it but plays a poor pass in the end. He needs to sharpen his game but I also think he needs to be played deeper where there is more space.

We don't have many options and I really don't see the point in playing a 10 anyway. Ozil spends most of his time next to Pepe or looking for space in wide areas so if we're not going to play him we might as well just play a 4-3-3. Xhaka, Guendouzi and Ceballos. Guendouzi had the ability to drive forward but somewhere down the line he's become a conservative passer and tends to sit deep. He should be given the more attacking driving CM role because Ceballos is much better at the deep laying playmaker role than he is.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Chris Sharma » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 pm

elkanofan wrote:I have never ever disliked a Arsenal player so much.

Dont think anybody in this forum doubts this. Rarely seen such hatred for a player, especially for somebody, who has always been loyal to Arsenal.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Godlop » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 am

Chris Sharma wrote:

Dont think anybody in this forum doubts this. Rarely seen such hatred for a player, especially for somebody, who has always been loyal to Arsenal.

350k a week my friend
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:13 am

Chris Sharma wrote:

Loyal to Arsenal? Let's see:

-- He had ~4 months left on his contract before he was handed a salary Man City players can only dream of.

-- No club made a serious bid for him while he was at his best for us.

-- He is frequently not available for selection due to anonymous illnesses that mysteriously never impact our other players.

When has this loyalty actually been put to the test?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:23 am

Godlop wrote:
Chris Sharma wrote:

350k a week my friend
Yes. Loyal to his bank account.

No way he would stick around here if he was on 70, 100k even.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club