The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Angelito wrote:Sure. Enjoy signing Everton-tier players from here on.

Big players Emery's managed:

- Neymar
- Ozil
- Cavani

Big players Emery's fallen out with:

- Neymar
- Ozil
- Cavani.

3 "everton tier playes" >>>> someone who eats up a lot of the clubs wage budget, but doesn't perform anywhere near consistently enough to warrant them.
"O Striker, Striker, why are you Striker?" - Arsene Nose 12/07/16
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Commentators said during the first half that whilst he was back in training, this game came too soon for him
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gamechannel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Emery dropped Ozil again. Period. He's trained all week just like Bellerin. Just another excuse for Emery to continue his hatred towards Ozil.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Neymar and ozil have alot in common in terms of being coddled by fanbases And teams. Cavani is a bad mofo tho. Like I said we won't see real emery teams until u bring in creative wide players who can take players on but will also get back when they lose the ball. Ancelotti had no problem selling ozil. Fuckin ancelotti who has got no defensive bones in his body thought ozil was a luxory. Bash emery all u want he's been here 6 months ozil has been here almost 6 years we seen what he can do and not do. He prolly shows same effort in training hence emerys nah ur out today attitude. Let's not forget that ozil had illnesses way before emery started dropping him. Get on the same page team is butt f**k avg bar one or two players. Would love ozil to succeed but club has not supplied us with a Team that can support ozils defensive carte blanche attitude. Sorry we didn't pefrom with mental and literal midgets in the midfield and defense. Sorry we aren't doing now because our manager wants us to press but ozil picks and chooses when he wants too.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:Hopefully means he's out the door. We can get 3 players for those wages.

But we won't be getting any players to put on those wages if the owner won't let us spend and also even though I do trust Misinslat to get value for money its a case of how good are these 3 players going to be if Sven only gets £50m budget again like last summer?

I wouldn't be so quick to start trying to throw our best players out of the door, we're about to do that with Ramsey (although he's also at fault for that) and I'm regretting it now.

Ask yourself, do you trust Stan to give us enough money to buy a player as good as Ramsey? because he's worth £50m or so in today's market and that was our entire Summer 2018 budget!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Luzh 22 wrote:Hopefully means he's out the door. We can get 3 players for those wages.

But we won't be getting any players to put on those wages if the owner won't let us spend and also even though I do trust Misinslat to get value for money its a case of how good are these 3 players going to be if Sven only gets £50m budget again like last summer?

I wouldn't be so quick to start trying to throw our best players out of the door, we're about to do that with Ramsey (although he's also at fault for that) and I'm regretting it now.

Ask yourself, do you trust Stan to give us enough money to buy a player as good as Ramsey? because he's worth £50m or so in today's market and that was our entire Summer 2018 budget!

He bought Auba last winter. So yes.

I don't know why people are saying Stan won't spend. The club has spent. The problem is the wage cap, enforced by premier league FFP rules. We are currently at that cap.

Unless we unload players, we can't buy more. It's that simple. Like I said, 350k a week would pay for 3 players wages, or two top quality players. We'd get more value out of that than what Ozil brings.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 pm

on Mesut Ozil’s absence…

We had enough players to win today and impose our gameplan, and impose our tactical quality against them. We also respect them and they have good players. With their supporters here, they feel stronger. Maybe for the bench, some attacking players could have helped. But I think we had enough with these players.

on why he didn’t use Ozil…
We decided that the players here were the best for this match. We’ve won with him, we’ve lost with him. No one player makes the difference between winning and losing the game.

on understanding the interest in Ozil not being in squad…

Yes, but I can say he’s working with us normally this week. Like I said to you, we’ve won and lost with him. Today the players who were here are the players who deserved to be in this match. We could have won or lost, like we can with him. We continue working with every player because they are all important, but today the decision was to come with these players.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 pm

That is not good at all.

He's basically omitting Ozil from the team.

The issue no matter your thoughts on Ozil is how the fk can we have our star player being omitted from the team??

Either sell him or fkin play him, yes we had the players to win ...........but they didn't, partially due to his fk up formation which hasn't looked good for months over 4-3-3 and because we had no creativity or possession, something players like Ozil give us.

You can omit a star player if you have others but we don't, you have to work with what you have.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:That is not good at all.

He's basically omitting Ozil from the team.

The issue no matter your thoughts on Ozil is how the fk can we have our star player being omitted from the team??

Either sell him or fkin play him, yes we had the players to win ...........but they didn't, partially due to his fk up formation which hasn't looked good for months over 4-3-3 and because we had no creativity or possession, something players like Ozil give us.

You can omit a star player if you have others but we don't, you have to work with what you have.

You can't sell someone who is on 350k a week, nobody in their right mind is going to give that to a player like Ozil. He's a massive gamble at this point. He doesn't want to go anyway, his agent issued that statement for a reason.

Emery said:
Today the players who were here are the players who deserved to be in this match.

Says it all really.
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:56 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Lacazette amended his approach and stepped up to suit Emery's style so I don't see why Ozil just doesn't try that little bit harder to fit in.

He's on 350k pw and he know's his breads being well and truly buttered hence the statement from his agent, why would you even risk that?

Imagine an Ozil who just presses a little bit more and is therefore in this side with AOL every week?

AOL could .......... be one of the best front 3's in the Prem.

Over too Ozil.

This gem from just 6 days ago.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:02 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

on Mesut Ozil’s absence…

We had enough players to win today and impose our gameplan, and impose our tactical quality against them. We also respect them and they have good players. With their supporters here, they feel stronger. Maybe for the bench, some attacking players could have helped. But I think we had enough with these players.

We decided that the players here were the best for this match. We’ve won with him, we’ve lost with him. No one player makes the difference between winning and losing the game.

Yes, but I can say he’s working with us normally this week. Like I said to you, we’ve won and lost with him. Today the players who were here are the players who deserved to be in this match. We could have won or lost, like we can with him. We continue working with every player because they are all important, but today the decision was to come with these players.

Wow. This man is not only a coward but delusional too.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:04 pm

The only thing he imposed was 90 minutes of boredom on us.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nejch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm

Really should have fielded Ozil and Torreira or Ramsey today. The former to give us creativity and the latter to stabilize the midfield. I reckon we lost the game in the midfield today. No attacking threat and couldn't keep possession to save their lives. Our attackers looked lively and our defense was solid. Such a shame.
Nejch
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Luzh 22 wrote:

on Mesut Ozil’s absence…

Lol wtf

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Luzh 22 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:12 pm

I'm interested as to why the manager thought Ozil didn't deserve a place in the squad, let alone the team.

What has Ozil done this week to unimpress so much?
Luzh 22
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club