The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:07 am

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Should the club decide to keep them and help them out, they need to be kept away from the ground, the training ground, and the rest of the squad.

Should the club decide they don’t need the aggravation and decide to ship them out, that’s fine.

:rofll:

Why should they be kept away from the ground or the rest of the team? Explain this nugget of a post.

More Ozil hatred I see.

I'd have thought that was obvious, but surprisingly it seems some might need it spelling out for them.

If there are security risks associated with them it would be eminently sensible to have it contained, and particularly careless to extend that risk to the rest of the team and the general public.

Is that clear enough or would you like it in even more simple terms?

I just wanted you to confirm that you were indeed talking bollox. Thanks for the confirmation.

If you don't understand something it doesn't necessarily mean it's bollox.

Using your brain occasionally might help you to realise that.

Nothing wrong with my understanding bloke, bollox is bollox.

I refer you to my subsequent posts about Steven Gerrard to show how stupid your comment was, I notice you haven't managed a response to it yet, I will keep waiting for it .....

The posts you made are irrelevant.

My concern is for the stability of the squad, the safety of the players and the safety of our fans and staff in and around the training ground and stadium.

Your obsessive fanboy concern for Ozil obviously outweighs anything like this.

Yawn.

Your dead arguments put me to sleep. I gave you a perfectly relevant example of a top player for Liverpool and England in a similar position to Ozil regarding being terrorised by a gangster and asked you to comment on it but you can't because you know you will look like a f***ing idiot if you do.

Then you have the audacity to say it is not relevant. You coward.

As I have repeated already, they are separate cases with glaringly different dynamics. The cases don't appear to be too similar at all. In fact they are glaringly different in a great many ways.

If you lack the capacity to understand what I'm talking about, that's not my fault.

You are talking shit, its that simple.

- professional footballer gets threatened by gangster.
- professional footballer is chased by gangster on street/in car.
- club provides additional security for footballer.

The similarities are clear as day. But please, continue to ignore it.

Has Ozil been 'threatened by a gangster'? Where is the evidence of this? You don't know who he's been threatened by, if anyone.
Has Ozil been 'chased by gangster on street/in car'? I thought he was the victim of an attempted robbery. No mention of gangsters.
You don't know what the specific reasons are for the additional security.
Gerrard's case wasn't in the media until seven years later.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Nuggets » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 am

Phil, most of it is media bollocks to sell papers, it will sort itself out in time, :Peace:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:The difference with the Gerrard case is that they kept that quiet, a video didn't go viral and it doesn't sound like another player got involved which then leads to him getting death threats and his wife leaving the country.

Best thing to do now is to contain the situation. Maybe the players and the clubs tried to hire a 'fixer' like Gerrard did, which may explain why a rival gang issued a 'hands off' warning to his attackers. Whatever the case, it's now escalated and it would be a bad idea to allow this situation to disrupt the teams preparation and training. Besides the players safety, day something were to kick off before the game and the whole team is left shaken and unable to focus?[/q,uote]
Mate it was in the general press, it was not kept quiet at all!

It was in the press seven years after it happened.

Aah yes, you are correct about that. Hallelujah, you got something right

FFS is there any need for that, chill out, it's getting boring now you chirping on about the same thing, you are like a dog with a bone. You used to post interesting and good stuff, WTF happened .

If you don't like what I write then I guess what - tough ! I have been talking about the same thing as much as Phil has, its the current topic of debate, its back and forth, so if you are going to criticise me you have to criticise Phil for doing the same. but you can't because just like Phil you are an Ozil hater.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:The difference with the Gerrard case is that they kept that quiet, a video didn't go viral and it doesn't sound like another player got involved which then leads to him getting death threats and his wife leaving the country.

Best thing to do now is to contain the situation. Maybe the players and the clubs tried to hire a 'fixer' like Gerrard did, which may explain why a rival gang issued a 'hands off' warning to his attackers. Whatever the case, it's now escalated and it would be a bad idea to allow this situation to disrupt the teams preparation and training. Besides the players safety, day something were to kick off before the game and the whole team is left shaken and unable to focus?

Mate it was in the general press, it was not kept quiet at all!

What Phil said. Can't keep going around saying people are 'talking shit' but miss that important detail.

This will get solved eventually. Just need to relax and be sure that what's been done is best for the players and club. More info will circulate as and when. No point in digging that deep into it to form an opinion.

How does them keeping quiet make any difference ?

Gangster wants to hurt Ozil and knows where Ozil lives. News is in the press, Gangster goes to Ozil's house and makes threats. Man on Goonersworld suggests it is best for the club to keep Ozil away from the team, for the safety of the players.

Gangster wants to hurt Gerrard and knows where Gerrard lives. News is NOT in the press. Gangster smashes Gerrard's car window and makes threats to shoot him in the legs. Man on Goonersworld suggests its different because there was no press coverage.

Somebody please tell me what I am missing !! How is Ozil going to the ground/training with his players putting his teammates and Arsenal staff in more danger than Gerrard's situation ? I don't see it. The same way Ozil's gangsters could turn up at the training ground is the same way Gerrard's gangsters could, how is it different ? This has nothing to do with getting to the bottom of it, this is discussing a situation at a high level, 2 sets of gangsters threatening famous footballers in public. My point is simple neither situation is safer than the other. If anything Ozil is safer than Gerrard because the public know about it - more public eyes on Ozil therefore.
Last edited by theHotHead on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Has Ozil been 'threatened by a gangster'? Where is the evidence of this? You don't know who he's been threatened by, if anyone.
Has Ozil been 'chased by gangster on street/in car'? I thought he was the victim of an attempted robbery. No mention of gangsters.

Ok, the reason Ozil and Kola have gone into hiding and missed a football game and got extra protection is because of a couple of twats with a knife that tried to rob them and ran off when Kola chased after them, thats the reason Kola's wife has scarpered to Germany in fear, a couple of chavs on a scooter.

:clap:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Phil71 wrote:

Ok, the reason Ozil and Kola have gone into hiding and missed a football game and got extra protection is because of a couple of twats with a knife that tried to rob them and ran off when Kola chased after them, thats the reason Kola's wife has scarpered to Germany in fear, a couple of chavs on a scooter.

:clap:

What do you believe the reason is?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:28 am

All jokes aside I have no idea, but it must be something significant. I read an article somewhere that spoke about gangland/underworld links in football and that they have been there for years, but this is the first time it has prevented players from taking to the field.

So I absolutely don't believe it is some chump(s) trying to car jack Ozil I think it is something far more sinister, I couldn't tell you what, but in a way actions speak louder than words. This is unprecedented, players missing games indefinitely, wives leaving the country in fear.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am

theHotHead wrote:All jokes aside I have no idea, but it must be something significant. I read an article somewhere that spoke about gangland/underworld links in football and that they have been there for years, but this is the first time it has prevented players from taking to the field.

So I absolutely don't believe it is some chump(s) trying to car jack Ozil I think it is something far more sinister, I couldn't tell you what, but in a way actions speak louder than words. This is unprecedented, players missing games indefinitely, wives leaving the country in fear.

If you are right it sounds like an extremely serious situation, where there may be significant risk of violence.

And yet despite you believing all of this, you disagree with my suggestion that they should be kept away from the rest of the squad, the training ground and the stadium.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby indy23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Obviously any threat to a person or their family is serious but how serious is this? Very disturbing
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

All I know is, if this is more than a Moped car jacking (although the cowardly backing off doesn't suggest serious individuals) then I have one question ........... what the fk are C.I.D doing?

Sitting on their arses?

Seriously, I've noticed services in general have been dropping in levels for the last 10-15 years in general, but its getting so stupid now its unreal.

We have women coppers who can't physically apprehend a criminal without getting a beat down, too many metro sexual types in positions of responsibility who just aren't serious enough people and complete apathy from the old guard as their attitude now is "Well its all going to hell and no one lets us do our jobs anyway so ..... fk it".

Its literally becoming law of the jungle on the streets at the moment which is weird to me because you can't fart in public these days without it being caught on camera so I wonder where the people today get their bottle from?

Example, a kid where I live stabbed another guy in a que for a nightclub on the main street where its littered with cameras, I mean how fkin stupid do you need to be, obviously he's been arrested named and prosecuted ........... absolute lemmings these days.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:All jokes aside I have no idea, but it must be something significant. I read an article somewhere that spoke about gangland/underworld links in football and that they have been there for years, but this is the first time it has prevented players from taking to the field.

If you are right it sounds like an extremely serious situation, where there may be significant risk of violence.

And yet despite you believing all of this, you disagree with my suggestion that they should be kept away from the rest of the squad, the training ground and the stadium.

I don't think there is MORE risk of violence than there was in the Gerrard situation. No I don't think there is much risk to the public, its not like there are guys spraying bullets drive-by style, I think the attacks on Ozil and Kola will be targeted and direct. An attack on the street gives the perps an easy escape option, going to the stadium or the training ground doesn't.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Zenith » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby indy23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Great news. Glad they are allowed back. As a critic of ozil I have to say he looked ready this preseason and I'm sure he was motivated by the positive moves in the summer as well. Hope him and kolasinac are at least on the bench this weekend. With that recent news from the block 26 Emirates group I'm sure an ozil kolasninac sightings will give the fans a boost and decent pop.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Losmeister » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:07 pm

from todays Guardian "Özil missed training on Wednesday through illness,"

dude does this multiple times every year. seems his immune system is not up to north london.

cos it seems rare we hear of anyone else missing through illnes. or maybe my memory is farked?
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Ozil missing training due to "illness" is like when girls skip PE because of "menstrual cramps".
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club