The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
realtalk wrote:bet you these ozil fangirls will still defend him when he fucks off to united or whereever. These mugs still defend and yearn for cesc ffs, embarrsing.

Dont want to play for arsenal f**k off. Reward the ride or die players that stick it out.THat want to play for arsenal.

If both of them leave then the question we should be asking is why two of our best players walked out of the club. Because if we don't then these two won't be the last to do so. Just like they weren't the first to do so.

Exactly.

Fabregas wanted to play for Barcelona ........ what a surprise, and yet when they went to sell him and Chelsea wanted him we had first option and even when he was making noise that he'd like to come back we passed on him, most players with any sense would of just chosen Chelsea but yet we're supposed to hate Fabregas?

Second as you pointed out RealBStalk expects us to just stick up for the status quo which has won us no major trophy in 10 years.
All our best players keep wanting to leave and he's fine with that? again a mediocre class of fan sticking up for mediocre results and a mediocre manager.

At worst we can't even rely on Wenger to replace quality with quality like any top 4 team does hence the panic whenever a top player wants to leave.

Attitudes like his are the death of this club as a near elite ........ welcome to being behind Spurs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Kite33 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Kite33 wrote:To replace özil is one of the easiest things. We are already doing it. We have won games without him and created enough chances

Kite, looks like you have been watching some different Arsenal games than the rest of us, or perhaps the TV editing where you are is different. I hope for you that one of those reasons is the reason for your absurd comment.

You again...we have seen we can play football without him and win games. I don't see your problem. We look like a better unit and more compact without him.

We beat shit teams and looked shit doing it. Yes we looked more compact in "some" of the games but conversely we looked defensively shite in "some" of them too. Clearly Ozil is not the problem.

Ok your opinion. When we played Chelsea we looked very good and unfortunately did not score otherwise your opinion would be different. Against stoke we were also the better team. The only bad game was in liverpool

Read the comments in the live Matchday threads, you will find that most of the time we have been dog shit poor. That and when I watch the games live I see we are poor to average. To qualify my comments, poor to me is anything up to 5 out of 10, average is 6 or 7 out of 10.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:32 am

:goal1:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Angelito » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 am

It's amazing how you can sound like your spouse after being together for so long. It's even more so when you happen to sound like the manager of the club you support.

"We have as well Iwobi, Wilshere, Nelson, Welbeck, who can play there, who are top-top quality."

And, not exact, but yeah:

"Yes, we lost two great players [talking about Cesc and Nasri], but let's look at the positive: we also gained a world class player like Szczesny."

Apply it to Alexis and Ozil next summer, babes.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:51 am

He's def going to leave now, Martin Keown piping up embarrassing himself slating our current players.

Seriously some of these "ex" Arsenal players need to just go away, what they did for the club was twenty flippin years ago yet they all have something to say and stick there oar in about today's team to try and stay relevant.

The only ex players I would ever say have the right to still talk is Henry and Ian Wright.

We're literally by next season would of trimmed the squad of all the quality players we bought since 2013.

Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Perez (not elite but has decent level skill).

Seriously, we're going to end up with the Wilshere, Ramsey team all over again.

Wasn't good enough then (zero trophies before Ozil got here) and it won't be good enough now.

Terrible times at AFC looming, once these guys leave our transition to a mediocre team will be complete.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

50% ozil is better than 100% ramsey as an attacking midfield. The football we have played without him is worse than cancer
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I do laugh when people say we haven't lost because Ozil is not playing or that we look better defensively. We look far worse offensively. Lets look at who these "midfield generals" that have made us "defensively sound" in recent games:

Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi vs Brighton
Elneny, Willock, Maitland-Niles vs Bate Borisov
Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey vs West Brom
Elneny, Wilshere, Maitland-Niles vs Doncaster
Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi vs Chelsea
Elneny, Iwobi, Maitland-Niles vs Cologne

Are people trying to tell me really that the players listed above are some kind of defensive troopers that make a blind bit of difference to our defensive solidity ? I don't buy that at all. Apart from Elneny the rest of them provide token defensive abilities. You can take any one of them out and that won't affect our defensive ability. But looking at the loss of creativity without Ozil thats a slam dunk - when he doesn't play we are mostly offensively poor.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby BouncySean » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:46 pm

theHotHead wrote:I do laugh when people say we haven't lost because Ozil is not playing or that we look better defensively. We look far worse offensively. Lets look at who these "midfield generals" that have made us "defensively sound" in recent games:

Are people trying to tell me really that the players listed above are some kind of defensive troopers that make a blind bit of difference to our defensive solidity ? I don't buy that at all. Apart from Elneny the rest of them provide token defensive abilities. You can take any one of them out and that won't affect our defensive ability. But looking at the loss of creativity without Ozil thats a slam dunk - when he doesn't play we are mostly offensively poor.

That's not what anybody is saying what they are saying is that when a different player plays as a #10 they drop deeper into midfield when defending and basically turn the midfield 2 into a 3 which gives us more defensive support. Also Maitland-Niles has played games as a wing back rather than in midfield.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ronniec » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 pm

theHotHead wrote:I do laugh when people say we haven't lost because Ozil is not playing or that we look better defensively. We look far worse offensively. Lets look at who these "midfield generals" that have made us "defensively sound" in recent games:

Actually Ramsey, Xhaka, Iwobi, Elneny, Niles are not that bad, good enough to make Arsenal challenging the Europa spot.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:55 am

BouncySean wrote:

That's not what anybody is saying what they are saying is that when a different player plays as a #10 they drop deeper into midfield when defending and basically turn the midfield 2 into a 3 which gives us more defensive support. Also Maitland-Niles has played games as a wing back rather than in midfield.

That IS what people are saying .. because Ozil offers nothing defensively, because Ozil is lazy, because Ozil is weak. I put it to you that instead of having three "half" midfielders - midfielders that do not excel at anything in particular or are nothing special, why not have 2 great midfielders and a half midfielder. Someone that can boss the midfield defensively and someone who is a creative genius - both of which can be "supplemented" by a half midfielder.

What we have at the moment is half a foot in and half out, nothing great going forward and nothing great defensively. You wouldn't need three half midfielders if you had one powerful boss in the middle. Buy midfielders who are top class at a specific role rather than buying these nothing midfielders who don't excel at anything in particular. Ozil is the creative genius that will flourish when he has the right players around him, all we need is a top defensive midfielder behind him.

This all stems back to Wenger's recruiting decision of buying these small but technical samey midfielders, trying to turn us into Barcelona. Ever since he has not bought a boss in the middle. And now instead of technical players we have nothing midfielders, the only technical midfielders we have are Cazorla (injured) and Wilshere (meh).
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:55 pm

theHotHead wrote:
BouncySean wrote:

That IS what people are saying .. because Ozil offers nothing defensively, because Ozil is lazy, because Ozil is weak. I put it to you that instead of having three "half" midfielders - midfielders that do not excel at anything in particular or are nothing special, why not have 2 great midfielders and a half midfielder. Someone that can boss the midfield defensively and someone who is a creative genius - both of which can be "supplemented" by a half midfielder.

What we have at the moment is half a foot in and half out, nothing great going forward and nothing great defensively. You wouldn't need three half midfielders if you had one powerful boss in the middle. Buy midfielders who are top class at a specific role rather than buying these nothing midfielders who don't excel at anything in particular. Ozil is the creative genius that will flourish when he has the right players around him, all we need is a top defensive midfielder behind him.

This all stems back to Wenger's recruiting decision of buying these small but technical samey midfielders, trying to turn us into Barcelona. Ever since he has not bought a boss in the middle. And now instead of technical players we have nothing midfielders, the only technical midfielders we have are Cazorla (injured) and Wilshere (meh).

Do you like Wenger putting Coq on the field, a player that is simply all defensive but offers nothing in offense?

It is about chemistry and balance of the team.
On paper we have one DM and one CM sounds good, but on the field our players just don't have that chemistry and don't complement each other.
How many midfield combination the team had tried, and found consistency?
Losing one Cazorla is like a disaster... why would that happen?

IMO, Wenger still hasn't found the best starting 11 yet... and Ozil and Sanchez are already planning to leave. That's the sad part.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby indy23 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I like ozil but we clearly never had the midfield 2-3 madrid or germany had to best utilize him. He would look like a different player infront of a herrera/fellani + pogba duo. Im actually ok with ozil leaving in the small sample size we look more dynamic down the middle opposed to forcing our team to operate a way just to accommodate Mesüt. I dont see doom and gloom in this departure but it the players like alexis who leave our team that hurt the most. Players that can create or score goals when they have no business doing so.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:38 am

So apparently Arsenal are considering trying to cash in on both Ozil and Sanchez in January as it seems they want to to test the waters and see if they can grab any cash before they leave on a free.

Well done Wenger, our transformation into a mediocre club is complete.

We are about to lose our two biggest stars.

Would Barca get rid of Messi and Suarez? would Chelsea get rid of Morata and Hazard?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Steptoe.jpg

Wenger aka Steptoe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:So apparently Arsenal are considering trying to cash in on both Ozil and Sanchez in January as it seems they want to to test the waters and see if they can grab any cash before they leave on a free.

Well done Wenger, our transformation into a mediocre club is complete.

We are about to lose our two biggest stars.

Would Barca get rid of Messi and Suarez? would Chelsea get rid of Morata and Hazard?

I am waiting for Wenger to sell the two, and get us "sufficient", "adequate" replacement; then I will congratulate the AKBs....
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club