The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
LMAO wrote:
Angelito wrote:With the way we're going, it pains me to say that we will undo all of Wenger's work and regress in years to come.

It's not down to Emery alone, of course. We've opened Pandora's box and we don't have any wizard to undo the jinx.

I'd love for that to happen. The monkey's paw curls.

TIL Wenger owns Arsenal / Oil money dominance is down to Wenger's incompetence.

No, but you said Emery will undo all of Wenger's work, implying he had left us in good shape.

The fact is Wenger left at his lowest ebb: his worst ever finish along with playing the worst brand of football.

So what work are you worried about Emery undoing?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:42 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:I don't think we are. It's just hard for anyone to defend the position because we've seen what other talented players have done when it looks like they're fine at a top club is coming to end or fallen out with a manager.

If Ozil doesn't leave by the summer and things are still the same you know exactly what takes priority for him.

No we are. All I was saying is that by not playing it definitely isn't helping his career. You're talking about him not really wanting to play it seems.

I believe we're on the same page. I'm looking through your debate with Mike Dean and Hothead and you're arguing that all players should want to play, not sit on the bench and just want to collect a cheque countering Mike Dean and Hothead's points.

My point is, yes, the club are playing it wrong by trying to force him out by not playing him but then again, I have to think of the character of a player that's willing to sit on the bench knowing that he doesn't have much playing time in his career. You say Ozil can't be happy about being on the bench. I'm not so sure and only time will whether he's content to collect his money and not play.

But the whole point was that it can't be helping his career at all. Mike Dean said he has nothing to lose, and I said he does actually. Totally different argument than yours.

It's not a different argument. As said from the start, Ozil has choices. Money or football. I'm adding my perspective and I share your sentiment that Ozil is losing vital playing time in his career. I don't think players should want to sit on the bench so I'm confused about what's going on with Ozil. I can only assume he's lost his passion for the game if this continues beyond the next transfer window. When you look at this whole situation, you have to look at both sides and the motivation. Excuse the pun, but you have to look at two sides of the coin and money seems to be the driving factor for both sides.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:I don't think we are. It's just hard for anyone to defend the position because we've seen what other talented players have done when it looks like they're fine at a top club is coming to end or fallen out with a manager.

If Ozil doesn't leave by the summer and things are still the same you know exactly what takes priority for him.

No we are. All I was saying is that by not playing it definitely isn't helping his career. You're talking about him not really wanting to play it seems.

I believe we're on the same page. I'm looking through your debate with Mike Dean and Hothead and you're arguing that all players should want to play, not sit on the bench and just want to collect a cheque countering Mike Dean and Hothead's points.

My point is, yes, the club are playing it wrong by trying to force him out by not playing him but then again, I have to think of the character of a player that's willing to sit on the bench knowing that he doesn't have much playing time in his career. You say Ozil can't be happy about being on the bench. I'm not so sure and only time will whether he's content to collect his money and not play.

But the whole point was that it can't be helping his career at all. Mike Dean said he has nothing to lose, and I said he does actually. Totally different argument than yours.

It's not a different argument. As said from the start, Ozil has choices. Money or football. I'm adding my perspective and I share your sentiment that Ozil is losing vital playing time in his career. I don't think players should want to sit on the bench so I'm confused about what's going on with Ozil. I can only assume he's lost his passion for the game if this continues beyond the next transfer window. When you look at this whole situation, you have to look at both sides and the motivation. Excuse the pun, but you have to look at two sides of the coin and money seems to be the driving factor for both sides.

Ah ok, I see what you mean there. Had me confused for a bit.

I think the Germany thing hurt him more than we maybe thought at first. And I'm sure you could make an argument that he wasn't exactly happy to see Wenger go. But yea, I don't really know what's going on with him either. Would be interesting to know what he's thinking.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:57 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Ah ok, I see what you mean there. Had me confused for a bit.

I think the Germany thing hurt him more than we maybe thought at first. And I'm sure you could make an argument that he wasn't exactly happy to see Wenger go. But yea, I don't really know what's going on with him either. Would be interesting to know what he's thinking.

Not playing week in week out should drive him nuts. If he can't force his way into the first team he should just leave. Hand in the transfer request, take the pay cut, go to the US, go to China, Turkey....not playing should be burning him and I guess that's what the club must be thinking if they have indeed told Emery to stop playing him. It's doing damage on both sides. I really can't understand it. I mean, what do the rest of the team think about this situation?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:03 pm

It still could possibly be burning him. There was a report out saying he was working harder in training trying to get back into the team. Him and his agent could be working something behind the scenes, maybe he's being stubborn and letting his ego get in the way? We just really never know, but obviously something is up. I would imagine that if/when he leaves, that some of or the whole truth may come out.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Hopefully. Something has got to give.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 pm

BS221B wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
BS221B wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Not so, we bought world class players before Wenger!! And Arsenal wouldn't do a Leeds because we have never spent more than we earn through our football activities.

You know NOTHING about Arsenal!

im sure you could have enjoyed 38k highbury with our best players being Batshuyai if Wenger left in 2004. There wouldnt be Emirates in first place, which lead us to the purchase these players. If Arsenal tried to build the stadium without Wenger, it would have led to Leeds by 100%.

You are not the person to judge my Arsenal knowledge, the biggest fanboy on GW :rofll:

Making you look like the fool that you are takes very little effort.

As for calling me a fanboy, fanboy of what ? What is a fanboy, you d***head ? Spurs have a 36k stadium and have more world class players than us. Your argument napalmed in one fail swoop. You need far more brainpower than what you have to even get me to notice you, let alone have a battle of wits with you.

When the resident fuckwits are trying it you know something aint right !

hothead got destroyed so he is flaming to make himself right loool. Are you really following the football?

Spurs got their money from Bale's sale, and built their squad with it. On top of that, they got their two key players from their academy aka Kane and Alli. Without that money, they still could have been the prince of sixth place. We could have been no different than them in that case. If you were only smart enough to think...

Anyway, then again someone like you has no right to my wits.

:rofll: :rofll:

Was that your comeback ???? Jeepers creepers man. Got destroyed by you ?? The resident fuckwit ?

FACT, Spurs have a smaller capacity stadium currently than Arsenal's 38,000 stadium and were able to field 2 world class players. FACT, Arsenal in their new shiny stadium with almost double the capacity, that your king Arsene Wenger helped provide, has 1 world class player - and some might even say we have 0 world class players because they don't rate Ozil. FACT, Spurs sold a world class player to fund additional purchases, they still did it while residing in their 36,000 seat stadium.

Arguing with you is like arguing with the school r***rd, its not something I take any pleasure in doing. You are thick beyond belief.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Dejan wrote:thats multiple name calling from the hothead?

mods? time to guide someone out

Butthurt much ?

Don't start nothin, there won't be nothin.

Run up your mouth then go running to the mods. Pathetic.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby BS221B » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:56 pm

theHotHead wrote:
BS221B wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
BS221B wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Not so, we bought world class players before Wenger!! And Arsenal wouldn't do a Leeds because we have never spent more than we earn through our football activities.

You know NOTHING about Arsenal!

im sure you could have enjoyed 38k highbury with our best players being Batshuyai if Wenger left in 2004. There wouldnt be Emirates in first place, which lead us to the purchase these players. If Arsenal tried to build the stadium without Wenger, it would have led to Leeds by 100%.

You are not the person to judge my Arsenal knowledge, the biggest fanboy on GW :rofll:

Making you look like the fool that you are takes very little effort.

As for calling me a fanboy, fanboy of what ? What is a fanboy, you d***head ? Spurs have a 36k stadium and have more world class players than us. Your argument napalmed in one fail swoop. You need far more brainpower than what you have to even get me to notice you, let alone have a battle of wits with you.

When the resident fuckwits are trying it you know something aint right !

hothead got destroyed so he is flaming to make himself right loool. Are you really following the football?

Spurs got their money from Bale's sale, and built their squad with it. On top of that, they got their two key players from their academy aka Kane and Alli. Without that money, they still could have been the prince of sixth place. We could have been no different than them in that case. If you were only smart enough to think...

Anyway, then again someone like you has no right to my wits.

:rofll: :rofll:

Was that your comeback ???? Jeepers creepers man. Got destroyed by you ?? The resident fuckwit ?

FACT, Spurs have a smaller capacity stadium currently than Arsenal's 38,000 stadium and were able to field 2 world class players. FACT, Arsenal in their new shiny stadium with almost double the capacity, that your king Arsene Wenger helped provide, has 1 world class player - and some might even say we have 0 world class players because they don't rate Ozil. FACT, Spurs sold a world class player to fund additional purchases, they still did it while residing in their 36,000 seat stadium.

Arguing with you is like arguing with the school r***rd, its not something I take any pleasure in doing. You are thick beyond belief.

triggered much because got absolutely annihilated by me?

i feel for you.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Yawn. I'm done with you, you bring nothing intelligent to any conversation, you are just an annoying little WUM. Time to put you on ignore.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:01 pm

'triggered much'

the ultimate 'i've lost an argument' 2017 comeback.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 pm

lol.

What the feck is going on this thread?

Dejan is after HotHead like he's decked out head to toe in Gucci.

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Angelito wrote:
TIL Wenger owns Arsenal / Oil money dominance is down to Wenger's incompetence.

No, but you said Emery will undo all of Wenger's work, implying he had left us in good shape.

The fact is Wenger left at his lowest ebb: his worst ever finish along with playing the worst brand of football.

So what work are you worried about Emery undoing?

He's worried about him undoing Ozil is the real issue however I'm hoping the revelation that some of us suspected is true which is that Raul and co are part if not the biggest part of driving Ozil out Ang will now have a better perspective on things i.e ...... Emery Out does not mean Ozil Inn.

If AFC and Raul wanted Ozil to stay, no way with Emery's more limited Coach role than Wenger's does he sh*t on that order and leave him benched.

Maybe Emery is cool with it, maybe he's not .......... but if Raul and co want him out, does it really matter? the decision sounds like its been made and there's fk all any of us including Emery can do about it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:33 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:lol.

Fvcking hell

Loooool
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Zenith » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:lol.

Fvcking hell

Loooool

:rofll:
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zenith » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Enough of the name calling btw.

Last warning gents.
Zenith