The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:03 am

Ozil was pretty quiet in the first half, but he grew into the game in the second half. He was in monstrous form yesterday.

We need to see more of that from him.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:34 am

BexleyGooner wrote:During the first half in the match thread I said he was a disgrace as he had been pretty anonymous.

I should be stripped naked, dragged through the streets and flogged, followed by a stoning for good measure.

That second half was from the footballing gods. It had me on the verge of quite emotional. When he’s up for it, he’s quite simply the best. Turns the game into an art form. The Picasso of the pitch. Amazing stuff.

Well thats absolute rubbish for a start because he was nowhere near anonymous before his goal, he was easily one of our better players, just needed to get on the ball more.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:19 am

He had some nice neat touches before his goal, Mikhi was dire, Bellerin was all over the place defensively and Iwobi had turned into the usual Iwobi, losing the ball every 2 mins. Xhaka was mostly neat and tidy so can't even say he needed to be taken off.

Ozil should not have been on anyone's mind to be substituted before his goal - just the usual haters I guess.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Losmeister wrote:
LMAO wrote:This is why we pro-Ozil people wanted him here, even during his low points.

Bless this man :hail:

unai--
Yeah," Emery said. "For Mesut, today was a very good performance, and a very good victory together. And also we are going to push and demand for ourselves and for him also, this regularly."
am one of those labelled hater cos i wanted to see1st wc ozil to be the ozil we saw.. regularly...

he has it in him.. i wanna see it on the regular.

Its all fair and well wanting him to do that regularly but first of all you have to play him in his preferred position.

If we have a manager who sticks him out wide meaning he has to be responsible for tracking and getting raped by true wingers ........... then what the fk do you expect.

Thankfully our current manager isn't a d*ckhead wasteman and after 3 games or so already realised Ozil needs to play centrally and Ramsey and Ozil shouldn't really play together as they operate the same spaces.

Imagine how frustrating it must have been all this time for Ozil being shunted wide even when previously in the early Sanchez days and when Welbeck first arrived Ozil was bossing it at CAM ........... then Wenger kept moving him wide.

I remember having this discussion with A-F and Zedie years ago now (Zedies famous heat graphs) and I maintain now as I did then, role wise you get the best of Ozil at no10 so his defensive duties are capped and not a detriment to the team.

Thank god Emery is savvy enough to do the bleeding obvious.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm

You ever try to show goals like this (our 3rd) to non football fans and tell them how amazing it was, only for them to barely even show any emotion about it at all, and all you want is someone to recognize the greatness with you, and they don't so you fee like punching them? Yea that happened to me last night.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:20 pm

StLGooner wrote:You ever try to show goals like this (our 3rd) to non football fans and tell them how amazing it was, only for them to barely even show any emotion about it at all, and all you want is someone to recognize the greatness with you, and they don't so you fee like punching them? Yea that happened to me last night.

I didn't know gooney was your mate?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm

DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Wenger tried to accommodate Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey, all together, and it didn't work out. Only Sanchez excelled since he's an all action footballer, but Ozil, shunted in wings, and Ramsey, told to play central medios, lost their mojo. Actually, if we could get Sanchez back ( must be biting his nails off, having to deal with Mourinho, now) , we could go toe to toe with ManCity.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 pm

alexis is a midtable player nowadays

quality is gone
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby RW_0 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Sims wrote:alexis is a midtable player nowadays

quality is gone

Sad really, he got his money but now he's just a footnote in 2 different clubs rather than being a legend at one.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 pm

Pisses me off, would you have stayed at Arsenal if you were Sanchez? Playing for a clueless manager at a club going backwards!! I wonder if Sanchez would've stayed had Wenger left sooner. Oh well.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Sanchez’s best football of his career came under Wenger

Made him look better than he was
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Ach » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 pm

theHotHead wrote:Pisses me off, would you have stayed at Arsenal if you were Sanchez? Playing for a clueless manager at a club going backwards!! I wonder if Sanchez would've stayed had Wenger left sooner. Oh well.

He would have stayed had he known Wenger was f***ing off just a few months later

Nevertheless, revenge for Silvestre and Welbeck is sweet
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Other than Fabregas, ( who got his medals at the back of Messi, and a strong Chelski), and one season man VanPersie, most others ( Nasri, Wishere, Walcott, Alexis, Ox), have come a cropper when they left / ditched AFC or Wenger.
His recent failings aside ( result wise) , Wenger will be remembered as one of the greatest Player's Manager. Truly a loving and kind man for his charges.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:40 pm

I actually shudder to think what team morale and performance would be like without auba but with Sanchez here given his form for the last 12 months or so.

People are remembering his peak with us and forgetting his actual form for us before he left.

f**k that guy.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club