The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby ronniec » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:59 pm

Not satisfied of Ozil's "defensive" job... is like criticizing Kos, Mustafi, Cech and other defensive players not scoring enough goals... BULLSH1T!!!!

If Ozil is not up to certain fans' standard.. then it is Wenger's fault.
The player himself does not have problem. The problem is Wenger who bought the wrong player, and not able to maximize the player's abilities and potentials.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 pm

ronniec wrote:Not satisfied of Ozil's "defensive" job... is like criticizing Kos, Mustafi, Cech and other defensive players not scoring enough goals... BULLSH1T!!!!

The player himself does not have problem. The problem is Wenger who bought the wrong player, and not able to maximize the player's abilities and potentials.

Our fans have been dumbed down by the current hierarchy of the club, they've bought into mediocrity so much that they crave for us to be a Posh Stoke FC, literally slating our few players with skill but idolizing players who are only good for chasing their own tails like a dog.

Imagine our fans berating Dennis Bergkamp for not tracking back? not that he ever needed to .......... because he had Gilberto Silva and Vieira behind him.

Even Ian Wright lost it today with a section of our fans telling them to "Fk off" on twitter, said he can't believe these are Arsenal fans ........ believe me I know how he feels.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
ronniec wrote:Not satisfied of Ozil's "defensive" job... is like criticizing Kos, Mustafi, Cech and other defensive players not scoring enough goals... BULLSH1T!!!!

Our fans have been dumbed down by the current hierarchy of the club, they've bought into mediocrity so much that they crave for us to be a Posh Stoke FC, literally slating our few players with skill but idolizing players who are only good for chasing their own tails like a dog.

Imagine our fans berating Dennis Bergkamp for not tracking back? not that he ever needed to .......... because he had Gilberto Silva and Vieira behind him.

Even Ian Wright lost it today with a section of our fans telling them to "Fk off" on twitter, said he can't believe these are Arsenal fans ........ believe me I know how he feels.

It is like asking Maestro Pavarotti and Domingo and Bocelli to sing heavy metal and damning them not wild, screaming and sweating enough.

This ship is just sinking deep in an unbelievable speed and no point of return.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:03 am

To me Ozil is a luxury player, when the going gets tough Ozil is not the kind of player that will lead you through the trenches, in fact he is the last type of player you would choose for trench warfare. But if you provide him and his battalion with a front and rear gunner to help clear the way, he will mop up with ruthless efficiency.

We went through years of being a pauper and buying cheap 2 bob players, we ate spam and pilchards from a tin, so why shouldn't we get some filet steak and truffles, why can't we eat dauphinoise potatoes, oysters and caviar ? We deserve to have a luxury player such as Ozil,
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:To me Ozil is a luxury player, when the going gets tough Ozil is not the kind of player that will lead you through the trenches, in fact he is the last type of player you would choose for trench warfare. But if you provide him and his battalion with a front and rear gunner to help clear the way, he will mop up with ruthless efficiency.

We went through years of being a pauper and buying cheap 2 bob players, we ate spam and pilchards from a tin, so why shouldn't we get some filet steak and truffles, why can't we eat dauphinoise potatoes, oysters and caviar ? We deserve to have a luxury player such as Ozil,

You don't win shit with luxury players. We can't afford the luxury
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:To me Ozil is a luxury player, when the going gets tough Ozil is not the kind of player that will lead you through the trenches, in fact he is the last type of player you would choose for trench warfare. But if you provide him and his battalion with a front and rear gunner to help clear the way, he will mop up with ruthless efficiency.

Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ronniec » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Andrew wrote:

"Luxury player" is what you and other sad fans name Ozil.
He is "luxury" because of the team's deficiency, bad management, terrible transfer decisions, and shamble tactics.

Ask Jogi Low and Maureen to see if Ozil is really luxury, or it is just some Arsenal fans trying to find excuses and bad mouth our own star player.

Don't know which one is more pathetic... our own fans labeling our WC setup man as "luxury" or our manager wasted Ozil's talent and prime years here.

We can't win shit because of hell lot of reasons, including shit fans, not because having Ozil.

A farm needs a tractor to do all the hard and dirty work, but the owner bought a Lamborghini to do the job; and then people labelling the Lamborghini as "luxury" and useless...
Who's fault?? The Lambo? Or the stupid person who bought the wrong car???
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Live here at Arsenal where a creative midfielder is a luxury. Even Newcastle wouldn't come up with shit like this
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Mesut Özil‏Verified account
@MesutOzil1088
2m2 minutes ago
More
Happy to assist the @Arsenal by signing a new contract #YaGunnersYa #KeepFighting #ThankYouMouForTheContract

Seriously though, Ozil staying till 2021 :)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:Mesut Özil‏Verified account
@MesutOzil1088
2m2 minutes ago
More
Happy to assist the @Arsenal by signing a new contract #YaGunnersYa #KeepFighting #ThankYouMouForTheContract

Seriously though, Ozil staying till 2021 :)

Time to celebrate...

Probably Ozil won't get another league title again in his career, but as a true football fan, it is a joy to see a him staying...
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Sims » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm

GA is making it up

But all indicators atm point to him signing a new deal. We win a title with him he’ll earn legendary status if he stays
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ronniec » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm

Sims wrote:GA is making it up

But all indicators atm point to him signing a new deal. We win a title with him he’ll earn legendary status if he stays

Shooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 am

I am the biggest Ozil fan on this forum. The term "luxury player" is for players like Ozil in the blood and thunder English league who are creative geniuses but when the going gets tough on a cold night in Stoke they supposedly tend to disappear away from the battle. Thats fine by me. I don't want Ozil running back and tackling, I want him to express his creative genius upfield.

Its not a slur on Ozil, its only a slur if you think all footballers should run up and down like mad men!! I happen to like skill and technique, I like players that can do things I cannot do. Ozil is a unique talent in football, I don't think he is perfect but I think there is no player more creative in world football.

Ozil is a luxury that a good manager will indulge, he will build his team around the creative genius and take maximum profit from doing so.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am

And anyone that denies he is a luxury player ask yourself this; if you have to have players do work to cover work that Ozil doesn't do - because that work is not part of his game, if he can only shine when others around him help him to shine, how can he not be a luxury?!!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 am

theHotHead wrote:And anyone that denies he is a luxury player ask yourself this; if you have to have players do work to cover work that Ozil doesn't do - because that work is not part of his game, if he can only shine when others around him help him to shine, how can he not be a luxury?!!!

For me, a luxury is something you can afford not to have. I don't see any team winning the league without an Ozil.

City have KDB
Chelsea had Hazard
Leicester had Mahrez
City in 2013/14 had Silva
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club