The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:00 am

Just remarkable.

You have a guy whose forte is to keep the ball moving on attack and create idea/chances, who is on the roster, the team paying massive wages to him, yet they cant even play him for even 25 minutes a game.

Just his footballing IQ alone should get him on the pitch.

What a colossal football as well as business failure.

Absolutely piss poor management.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby FARM » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:08 am

There has been so many times in the past where we played and started Özil and we got beat and he did nothing but constantly lose the ball....So I am not saying he is God and our savior, but I am saying that its absoutley ridiculous that a player such as him has been left out of the team, there is no reason at all.. he is far more proven than many players registered. Also the biggest thing we lack is creation, we are struggling badly to create any chances every match!.

They need to admit they had made a huge error. Arteta can't honestly say Özil does not matter, when we are constantly struggling to create any chances at all
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:05 am

This thread shows exactly why this 'yesterday's man' should have been terminated in the summer (if not the summer before) .. when a player not even in the squad, whose contribution over the last two seasons has been nothing short of dismal, is still fated as the hero in waiting you just know our club is in deep shit.

Once again senior management have screed up by sitting on the fence and the once again club is torn apart ...

You might think Ozil is the answer - every piece of evidence says not, performance, attitude, other clubs interest - however you can believe what you want ... what is a guaranteed certainty is that we won't see Ozil in an Arsenal shirt again until January if ever ... the fact he's still the number one debate amongst the fans shows just how fecked up we are ...

Look on the bright side, when Ozil's contract finally expires we will have Auba to take his place as the ageing, massively overpaid, non-delivering, once a good player to argue over ... that's truly something to look forward to.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:24 am

EliteKiller wrote:This thread shows exactly why this 'yesterday's man' should have been terminated in the summer (if not the summer before) .. when a player not even in the squad, whose contribution over the last two seasons has been nothing short of dismal, is still fated as the hero in waiting you just know our club is in deep shit.

Once again senior management have screed up by sitting on the fence and the once again club is torn apart ...

You might think Ozil is the answer - every piece of evidence says not, performance, attitude, other clubs interest - however you can believe what you want ... what is a guaranteed certainty is that we won't see Ozil in an Arsenal shirt again until January if ever ... the fact he's still the number one debate amongst the fans shows just how fecked up we are ...

Look on the bright side, when Ozil's contract finally expires we will have Auba to take his place as the ageing, massively overpaid, non-delivering, once a good player to argue over ... that's truly something to look forward to.

What great attitude and performance is Willian showing? And who came in for him in summer? This guy does ef all but starts every game. Why? Because he’s Kias client and Edu is in Kias pocket? We just signed a three year deal with a guy older than Ozil at 250k a week.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:56 am

swipe right wrote:What great attitude and performance is Willian showing? And who came in for him in summer? This guy does ef all but starts every game. Why? Because he’s Kias client and Edu is in Kias pocket? We just signed a three year deal with a guy older than Ozil at 250k a week.

Very good point ... don't know that many Chelsea fans but from my limited contacts they all said the same thing - turns up 1 in 5 games the rest of the times he's either average or utter shite - we are the mugs of the EPL, send your overpaid rejects here ...

Just think we could have signed Grealish instead ... now who would want to do that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:17 am

EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:What great attitude and performance is Willian showing? And who came in for him in summer? This guy does ef all but starts every game. Why? Because he’s Kias client and Edu is in Kias pocket? We just signed a three year deal with a guy older than Ozil at 250k a week.

Very good point ... don't know that many Chelsea fans but from my limited contacts they all said the same thing - turns up 1 in 5 games the rest of the times he's either average or utter shite - we are the mugs of the EPL, send your overpaid rejects here ...

Just think we could have signed Grealish instead ... now who would want to do that?

I for one would love grealish
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 am

How could playing Ozil be worse than this crap? How?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:42 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Ach wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:
Santi wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Jase89 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Angelito wrote:Image
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:46 am

FARM wrote:There has been so many times in the past where we played and started Özil and we got beat and he did nothing but constantly lose the ball....So I am not saying he is God and our savior, but I am saying that its absoutley ridiculous that a player such as him has been left out of the team, there is no reason at all.. he is far more proven than many players registered. Also the biggest thing we lack is creation, we are struggling badly to create any chances every match!.

They need to admit they had made a huge error. Arteta can't honestly say Özil does not matter, when we are constantly struggling to create any chances at all

Despite what all the muppets on here claim what you have posted is pretty much what most of us calling for Ozil have been saying. When you are crying out for football IQ and someone who can create chances to have Ozil not available to play but fit and earning his full wages is almost a sackable offence!

To suggest that Ozil would not be an improvement in options than what we have currently is a total piss-take
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 am

VCC wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I for one would love grealish

Grealish?? Over rated. 8 goals and 6 assists are his best figures for Villa, he is British so would cost a fortune too. I would prefer a different option.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 am

theHotHead wrote:Grealish?? Over rated. 8 goals and 6 assists are his best figures for Villa, he is British so would cost a fortune too. I would prefer a different option.

Ozil?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:38 am

Dont think grealish is overrated, its not like its filled in thebpapers that he is worldclass. He is a quality player tho, 5 goals and 4 assists in 7 matches.

Too expensive tho

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenalthebest » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 am

I think Ozil should start some games to see how he does, just put him in the middle with Elneny and Partey behind him and give him a free roam role.
Arsenalthebest

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:30 am

Ozil isn't a registered player. It's not happening.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:31 am

The real crime was not buying Ziyech in 2019 summer.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club