The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Soooo Ozil's back

Postby addict » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Sims wrote:Our attacking play has been 10x better since Özil has returned, how deluded can you be ffs

Don't blame Mesut for the lack of balance, blame your idol for playing someone like Cazorla/Rosicky alongside Coquelin

Alexis has never played CM ffs, he played behind the striker

lool @ 10x better. He's started at Tottenham and tonight. We were awful

2nd half today he was positioned as central playmaker and the whole midfield attacking play went downhill.

position Alexis as playmaker (or behind the striker as you call it) and you see an instant change. It's all about beeing solid, keeping the ball, tracking back
addict
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:24 pm

defcon2005 wrote:he has to toughen up in the prem to earn the right to play his pretty football
i hope he does as it will be a real shame and great waste of talent if he gives up and leaves

I think like i said above, the guy needs to start playing with more freedom, more risk and be more adventurous in possession.

Guy needs to forget about how he was at Madrid and go back to his free spirited Bremen days.

Wenger is doing the right think sticking him on the left, he needs to think more like Roanldinho or Zico than to just look for assists all the time.

Last edited by elkanofan on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Ozil almost looks scared of the impending tackles in some games ive seen him in. Really looks like hes struggling mentally not physically with the physicality of the PL, Silva is similar stature at best and hes a god here.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:27 pm

AAIRE99 wrote:Ozil almost looks scared of the impending tackles in some games ive seen him in. Really looks like hes struggling mentally not physically with the physicality of the PL, Silva is similar stature at best and hes a god here.

Cazorla
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 pm

addict wrote:
Sims wrote:Our attacking play has been 10x better since Özil has returned, how deluded can you be ffs

Don't blame Mesut for the lack of balance, blame your idol for playing someone like Cazorla/Rosicky alongside Coquelin

Alexis has never played CM ffs, he played behind the striker

lool @ 10x better. He's started at Tottenham and tonight. We were awful

2nd half today he was positioned as central playmaker and the whole midfield attacking play went downhill.

position Alexis as playmaker (or behind the striker as you call it) and you see an instant change. It's all about beeing solid, keeping the ball, tracking back

He was absolutely awful at Tottenham and there was an element of luck in that goal, nice finish it was all the same.
I figured once he scored he was going to light the game up it just never happened.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 pm

3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Sims wrote:3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win

Your right I seen him play well in the highlights of a couple of them games. Good player just needs to deal with it a bit more. World Class player on his day actually.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:16 am

ESFSAFC wrote:He has been one of the better players in the last few games which isn't saying much. Can't believe how poor we have been recently in central midfield.

In he 5-0 win v aston villa ramsey was good coquelin was very good cazorla was superb
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby defcon2005 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:16 am

elkanofan wrote:
defcon2005 wrote:he has to toughen up in the prem to earn the right to play his pretty football
i hope he does as it will be a real shame and great waste of talent if he gives up and leaves

I think like i said above, the guy needs to start playing with more freedom, more risk and be more adventurous in possession.

Guy needs to forget about how he was at Madrid and go back to his free spirited Bremen days.

Wenger is doing the right think sticking him on the left, he needs to think more like Roanldinho or Zico than to just look for assists all the time.

that last goal is just wow!!!
I think he will break out from being the bridesmaid all the time , but i think a lot of our players are certainly capable of more and get sucked into the sideways passing stuff, once they are in that mode it seems hard to shake, as it was in tonights game
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby ESFSAFC » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 am

starmandb wrote:
ESFSAFC wrote:He has been one of the better players in the last few games which isn't saying much. Can't believe how poor we have been recently in central midfield.

In he 5-0 win v aston villa ramsey was good coquelin was very good cazorla was superb

So all we have to do is play the lowest scoring team in the country at home to look good.
ESFSAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:19 am

ESFSAFC wrote:
starmandb wrote:

So all we have to do is play the lowest scoring team in the country at home to look good.

How recent is recent then?
I thought 11 days was quite recent?
starmandb

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:16 am

Bantz

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am

Sims wrote:3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win

He was terrible at Spurs, goals are good but it's not really what he's here for, I'd rather him concentrate on defensive duties. (Maybe he wouldn't be so attack poised if we had a reliant robin upfront)
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:

He was terrible at Spurs, goals are good but it's not really what he's here for, I'd rather him concentrate on defensive duties. (Maybe he wouldn't be so attack poised if we had a reliant robin upfront)

???

You'd rather have our £42m CAM defend more when he's scoring and assisting close to half our goals recently? And considering the fact that he defended better than both Welbeck and Walcott in the last 2 games I have to say I think you're asking a bit much of him.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:43 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:

Um what?

He's not here for goals but you want him for defensive work?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club