The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Goonerz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Santi wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Cazorla made ozil play better imo.

Yep think there's only 1 'fan' who claims otherwise.

And this fan too. Back in 2015.
Sims wrote:
addict wrote:
Sims wrote:3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games and there's still complaints. The guy can't win

It's the big picture. How is it so hard to understand.

We never ever seem to do well against decent opposition with Ozil starting. You think it's a coincidence, I don't.

Well, keep watching football you might learn a thing or two about the game. Good luck

The reason is cause your daddy Wenger chooses to play an unbalanced midfield and forces Cazorla & Özil to play in the midfield together. Özil is quite clearly the superior player and should be having Coquelin & another influencing player behind him with actual wingers alongside him and a decent striker. It has nothing to do with Özil and you know it, you just can't accept that Wenger has gone stale.

And coming from you that is rich, you're probably the most clueless Arsenal fan I've ever seen and that's a statement that most of the forum could get behind
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Pudpop » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:46 pm

The irony of Sims saying 'your daddy Wenger' as an insult lmao
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Pudpop wrote:The irony of Sims saying 'your daddy Wenger' as an insult lmao

Arsene is legit my granddad imo

To addict he was a sexual slave to him

Big difference
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Plus Sims knows f**k all about central midfielders anyway, we've proven that 100 times over.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Santi wrote:Plus Sims knows f**k all about central midfielders anyway, we've proven that 100 times over.

I’ll have u know I will now defend Santi Cazorla until my last dying breath
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby theHotHead » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Dynamite wrote:
About the untrue "took a pay cut" rumour.

Dynamite wrote:
On 18 August 2010, the footballer signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid, earning for the first time in his career on a grand scale. The Madrilenes guaranteed him, according to football leaks, an annual gross salary of at least € 8,771,930

What's yours to start with?
Will happily reveal mine after you did.

Ozil's salary at Real Madrid:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/17/mesut-ozil-real-madrid1

According to the article he earned €5m after tax, thats pre-brexit vote so exchange rate would be approx 1.2€ to the pound, so £4.16m before tax. Spain's top level interest rate was approx 50%, so pre tax Ozil earned £8.32m. Over 52 weeks thats £160k per week.

Arsenal's salary at Arsenal:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/02/mesut-ozil-arsenal-real-madrid

The article doesn't state so I took his £150k per week salary as pre tax.

I might be wrong about he maths so I showed my working out.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 am

So, Ornstein is alluding that Sanllehi isn't a big fan of Ozil and it's a joint-decision regarding Ozil.

Aside from the fact that it's petty as hell for a club of Arsenal's stature, the Spanish duo screams poison to me, especially with the way Mislintat was marginalized at the end by the faction.

So long, Mesut.

Btw, it's alleged that Mislintat was in favor of handing Ozil the big deal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BS221B » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 am

Angelito wrote:So, Ornstein is alluding that Sanllehi isn't a big fan of Ozil and it's a joint-decision regarding Ozil.

Aside from the fact that it's petty as hell for a club of Arsenal's stature, the Spanish duo screams poison to me, especially with the way Mislintat was marginalized at the end by the faction.

So long, Mesut.

Spanish duo wants to replace Ozil with their hero Ever Banega.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 am

The Spanish mafia, I bloody hope not!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Angelito wrote:So, Ornstein is alluding that Sanllehi isn't a big fan of Ozil and it's a joint-decision regarding Ozil.

So long, Mesut.

Well I did tell everyone.

No way this decision was made solely by a Team Coach (not manager) who only walked through the door 6 months ago, that decision could of cost him his job, I knew he was getting backing or even orders from above his station.

Like I said yesterday, if the higher ups have decided they want to move Ozil on it doesn't matter what manager we get in, that's not going to change.

"Mesut Ozil is to be forced out of Arsenal this summer.
Respected BBC journalist David Ornstein reports that manager Unai Emery is deliberately refusing to pick the German in the hope that he will demand to leave the club.
The Gunners are desperate to get his £350,000-a-week wage off their bill."
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

So long, Mesut.

Well I did tell everyone.

No way this decision was made solely by a Team Coach (not manager) who only walked through the door 6 months ago, that decision could of cost him his job, I knew he was getting backing or even orders from above his station.

Like I said yesterday, if the higher ups have decided they want to move Ozil on it doesn't matter what manager we get in, that's not going to change.

"Mesut Ozil is to be forced out of Arsenal this summer.
Respected BBC journalist David Ornstein reports that manager Unai Emery is deliberately refusing to pick the German in the hope that he will demand to leave the club.
The Gunners are desperate to get his £350,000-a-week wage off their bill."
Exactly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:41 pm

It was pretty obvious this wasn't Emery acting alone, it's f***ing us over atm not playing him but when you are looking at the situation, we need a keeper to replace cech, x2 CB, RB, X 2 wide players, x2 midfielders ozil has to go, we need to fund at least 8 players to win the title.

Ozil, Ramsey, mkhy, Mustafi, kos, cech, welbeck, elneny, litscthenier, all need to be replaced with younger, hungrier players that can adapt to emerys high energy pressing game.

We need another 3 windows to sort this mess out.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Letting Ramsey leave is the bigger fuckup IMO. Ozil's days were numbered the second Wenger got sacked. You can't expect the club to keep Ozil when he's costing £17.2m a year and managing less than 10 PL assists per season.

Even Giroud never dropped below 11 PL goals and we've been hounding him about that for years.

£17.2m is our price range for a starting XI player.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:03 pm

With the way we're going, it pains me to say that we will undo all of Wenger's work and regress in years to come.

It's not down to Emery alone, of course. We've opened Pandora's box and we don't have any wizard to undo the jinx.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Let me explain how idiotic Sallenhi and Emery's decision to not play Ozil to force him to leave is....

If Ozil was still playing for the German national team, he would think twice about it, and keeping his spot on the national team. But he is not! He can easily sit back and say that's fine, dont pick me, I will gladly keep collecting the checks, while you come out looking like idiots. And that's exactly what him and his agent will do. If it comes down to battle of attrition, Ozil has nothing to lose. He is getting paid one way or another.

Sallenhi and Emery are also hurting themselves in winning/financial terms. You dont need to play Ozil all the games but there a number of games where he can be instrumental in wins because of his creativity. We are severely lacking in creativity. It is better to play Ozil to secure some of those wins and possibly secure a 4th place finish, than not play him at all, miss out completely on top 4, AND lose out on CL money! You have to give yourself a chance at least. But their current course might have them paying Ozil to sit on the bench and losing out the CL money which they can spend.

The management is seriously shooting themselves in the foot with this bizarre decision. Mlisntat leaving makes it even worse.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club