The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 pm

ozil does get a lot of schtick but he did get beat on mehhiiiiiico's goal.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:54 pm

Liked his work rate to get back there in the first place.

But but he doesn't work hard
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Arsene Nose » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 pm

coach8smallball wrote:ozil does get a lot of schtick but he did get beat on mehhiiiiiico's goal.

Stick, not schtick :rofll:
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby coach8smallball » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
coach8smallball wrote:ozil does get a lot of schtick but he did get beat on mehhiiiiiico's goal.

Stick, not schtick :rofll:

that was my point.....sctick or shtick......it's comedy gold.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby lol » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:27 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Again with the money ......... who cares what AFC decided to pay him? your not getting it, I'm not getting any of it, its not like we can't sell him if needed, better than letting everyone go on a free like we have been recently.

All I care about is if he plays well for us, when the season starts if from August to January he doesn't play well then I'll want him out as well, but the last time I checked it was Sanchez and Ozil keeping AFC from being dog sh*t until the whole Wenger, Sanchez etc scenario completely put us in crisis.

This is a new clean slate, new manager, new players, new team, why don't you try and support our team and our best players until they prove otherwise?

Emery's Arsenal hasn't played one match yet, but your already on one of our best players backs.

No you don't get it ....

Ozil is clearly demoralized ... mystery injuries, extra days off, no show in matches ... you think a poor World Cup with heaps off abuse from the German press will help?

You can't just treat the World Cup in isolation, it's the same player playing the same game, don't give a feck about Germany but we do need Ozil to play well and come back with confidence restored ... otherwise the Ozil '18 version is about as much use to Arsenal as a chocolate teapot ...

I'm not on his back you dozy pillock, I desperately want him to do well ... the fact is we need him to do well ... but if Emery has no confidence in him then we will need him out .... yet another season with our highest paid player producing very average performances? we've all seen how that ends up and it's not pretty ....

Based on 2014 when Ozil came back to us high on confidence after winning the World Cup and then had a chocolate teapot season that saw fans and pundits turned on him, I think we can safely treat the World Cup in isolation, in Ozil's case. If playing well and winning the World Cup is going to result in another 2014/15 Ozil, then I rather Germany not even qualify. No offence Germans
lol
Michael Thomas

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 am

He was nothing special but he was hardly one of the worst players on the pitch. Criticise him by all means but lets not go overboard. I didn't even know Muller was playing !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 am

He is their 10 though he is supposed to lead them and be their best player
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:28 am

And he has

He's had one bad game ffs

how many poty awards has he won for Germany?

He's had one bad game in a World Cup ffs. Brilliant 8 years ago. Very good 4 years ago. He was due a bad game.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:46 am

Ach wrote:And he has

He's had one bad game ffs

how many poty awards has he won for Germany?

He's had one bad game in a World Cup ffs. Brilliant 8 years ago. Very good 4 years ago. He was due a bad game.

and it's not like he was the only one having a bad game
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 am

The only people who care if he plays crap for Germany are his haters, simple as that.

All I care about is how he plays for AFC and on many occasions he's been our best player or among the best 3 he only tailed off a bit in the last quarter of the season.

Now with our manager and soon to be improved squad I expect to see him back to performing.

........... funny that isn't it, Wilshere only has the odd effective game, Ramsey was given loads of grace until he turned it up when it was contract time etc but yet Ozil is the one that gets the stick?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Roycck » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 am

DiamondGooner wrote:The only people who care if he plays crap for Germany are his haters, simple as that.

All I care about is how he plays for AFC and on many occasions he's been our best player or among the best 3 he only tailed off a bit in the last quarter of the season.

Now with our manager and soon to be improved squad I expect to see him back to performing.

........... funny that isn't it, Wilshere only has the odd effective game, Ramsey was given loads of grace until he turned it up when it was contract time etc but yet Ozil is the one that gets the stick?

This yes. I know with a defensive minded player in our midfield. Ozil will defintely thrive. Just strip him off his defensive duties.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:21 am

Marsbar100 wrote:He is their 10 though he is supposed to lead them and be their best player

Messi says hi.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:32 am

Ozil gets all the flak because of his actions off the pitch and his weekly wage. Body language wise, he appears lazy and uninspired on the pitch. Off of the pitch, he's doing stuff like smoking ciggs, eating pizza in late hours, clubbing before games, sitting out games and so on. If you wanna live the so-called "bad boy" aka unprofessional lifestyle as an athlete then be prepared to accept what comes with it. I think players extremely dedicated players like Ronaldo, who are always in the gym, changed the game for a bunch of these guys.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Angelito » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Telegraph had an article on how "Ozil was poor" against Mexico because he only put in 1 tackle. Meanwhile, Khedira - their DM - lost more balls and didn't put in a single tackle apparently. And Kroos was guilty of the same.

Muller didn't have a single shot on goal.

Hilarious.

I loved how Kroos tried to go full Gerrard by shooting anything and everything that came his way.

It's only Arsenal fans here who seem dumb enough to pinpoint every failure on one player. And most aren't even logical. Most of those most are just shit-stirrers.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Angelito wrote:Telegraph had an article on how "Ozil was poor" against Mexico because he only put in 1 tackle. Meanwhile, Khedira - their DM - lost more balls and didn't put in a single tackle apparently. And Kroos was guilty of the same.

Muller didn't have a single shot on goal.

Hilarious.

I loved how Kroos tried to go full Gerrard by shooting anything and everything that came his way.

It's only Arsenal fans here who seem dumb enough to pinpoint every failure on one player. And most aren't even logical. Most of those most are just shit-stirrers.

It's just complete bullshit in most cases, so bored of it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club