The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:15 pm

Jedieurokrem wrote:And there is nothing that shows that Kroos is racist. Yet you're using the term like it's a fact.

It's a very dangerous road to go down.

White people not being able to criticise other people because they are black, or Turkish, or whatever. And that's what people appear to be advocating.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm starting to feel like we should start a thread called "Let's call out the racists in football" and reserve it for our insinuations.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:30 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Jedieurokrem wrote:And there is nothing that shows that Kroos is racist. Yet you're using the term like it's a fact.

It's a very dangerous road to go down.

White people not being able to criticise other people because they are black, or Turkish, or whatever. And that's what people appear to be advocating.

Not even close.

Since you're so willing to make it so, find one teammate Kroos has criticised other than Sane and Ozil.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Apart from the fact he doesn't like Ozil and has called out 2 non-pure white Germans as being sub standard. Apart from the fact he chose to enter this entire "Ozil Racism" debate and say Ozil is chatting bollox where clearly Ozil was not chatting bollox. The actions of a true racist in my opinion.

When you push up your head you better be prepared for your head to get lick off !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Apart from the fact he doesn't like Ozil and has called out 2 non-pure white Germans as being sub standard. Apart from the fact he chose to enter this entire "Ozil Racism" debate and say Ozil is chatting bollox where clearly Ozil was not chatting bollox. The actions of a true racist in my opinion.

When you push up your head you better be prepared for your head to get lick off !

Why don't you say, "when you push your white head up...?"

That's obviously what you mean.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Emery must hate turkish people, said ozil needed to up his work rate
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Emery must hate turkish people, said ozil needed to up his work rate

Well yeah.

Obviously a supporter of General Franco.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dynamite » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Phil71 wrote:It's getting silly now.

The "all white germans are racist campaign" is dumb as f**k and getting boring indeed.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Dynamite » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Emery must hate turkish people, said ozil needed to up his work rate

Well yeah.

Obviously a supporter of General Franco.

:rofll:
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Pretty sure he's white.

Anyway, Kroos's ancestors supported the Nazis. That is fact.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

It seems to really bug you that non-white people are done saying "Yes sir master" and are actually calling people out on their BS.

You make out like your so hard done by, tough.

There was an entire media campaign based on Ozil and his race / nationality was brought up numerous times ........... and you want to sweep that under the carpet like it didn't happen?

When certain white people stop using race and nationality as part of the narrative for abuse or criticism then maybe people will stop calling them out on it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Can you show a handful of examples of this racist media campaign please.
Cause a lot of people here refer to it but never have shown any evidence.
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

It has nothing to do with white people, it applies to everyone. If you push up your head be prepared for your head to get lick off !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Pretty sure he's white.

Anyway, Kroos's ancestors supported the Nazis. That is fact.

I'm a black man who never cries racism and doesn't have a chip on my shoulder and not scared to go anywhere - even in Eastern Europe ! but I am also not blind and whilst the colour of my skin has not held me back I know for a fact it has held others back. I laugh at racist jokes, I am not a snowflake and I am definitely not politically correct !

I have no proof that Kroos is racist, but based on his behaviour and taking he unusual step to come out and criticise Ozil about things Ozil DIDN'T EVEN SAY suggests to me he doesn't like Ozil, I suspect its because of his heritage. not everyone that criticises Ozil who is white is racist, if there is basis for the criticism then so be it. But Kroos has no clue what he is talking about hence accusing Ozil of saying things HE NEVER EVEN SAID.

And then to criticise Sane, what has Sane done to deserve that ?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:48 pm

I find this race stuff so idiotic. There was a campaign against Ozil and one the people who said Ozil was lying about a campaign (Which did happen, just check Bild) now calls out Sane for something you never call out a teammate for.

I've noticed it's always a minority that has to show they belong, that they care, that they're passionate. What's hilarious is that Sane doesn't even Turkish roots or something, he's just black, but he has to prove it.

Hell, look at the Xhaka thing. He apparently shouldn't be Switzerland captain because Lichsteiner won't like an immigrant being captain when Lich himself made the Albanian Eagle celebration.
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club