The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Love to see who the new scapegoat will be when he leaves and the excuses dry up.

The man was on the bench for 3/4 of the game against Watford and still he's the reason we lost apparently.

We don't deserve good players.

All some fans do is get frustrated with them because of their demands for ambition and ridicule them when they seem lack luster because they get fed up of the dross that surrounds them not being able to get on their wave length during games.

We drag these players down to our sh*t level and wonder why they can't wait to leave.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm

KDB is everything Ozil fans say he is
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Tsk, tsk.

Ozil doesn't play alongside Jesus, Aguero, Silva, Sane, a revamped Sterling, and Fernandinho.

He plays alongside Xhaka, Welbeck, Ramsey, Coquelin/Elneny, Giroud, and Walcott. No disrespect to Giroud. I do rate him. It's just that he's not on the same level as Aguero or Jesus.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Angelito wrote:Tsk, tsk.

Ozil doesn't play alongside Jesus, Aguero, Silva, Sane, a revamped Sterling, and Fernandinho.

He plays alongside Xhaka, Welbeck, Ramsey, Coquelin/Elneny, Giroud, and Walcott. No disrespect to Giroud. I do rate him. It's just that he's not on the same level as Aguero or Jesus.

Excuses. KDB has skills Ozil doesn't, energy Ozil did when he was younger.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't know missing ONE clear cut chance is such a big deal at Arsenal.
If that is true, then Giroud should be hung to death 5 years ago... How many chances he had wasted all these years, as a striker who is supposed to shoot better than Ozil?
Well, he is still here... obviously "missing that many chances is OKAY for the boss"... so who's fault it is if people think the opposite??
Still, Wenger.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:32 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:

How is it an excuse that KdB is surrounded by world class players, whereas Ozil only has one fellow world class player? That's not an excuse. It's a fact.

KdB is world class. No doubt. But the only skill he has above Ozil is finishing.

Ozil's vision as an attacking midfielder rivals Messi. It's just sad that Wenger sabotaged his best years by partnering him with absolute tools.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

How is it an excuse that KdB is surrounded by world class players, whereas Ozil only has one fellow world class player? That's not an excuse. It's a fact.

KdB is world class. No doubt. But the only skill he has above Ozil is finishing.

Ozil's vision as an attacking midfielder rivals Messi. It's just sad that Wenger sabotaged his best years by partnering him with absolute tools.

Dribbling, power, pace, finishing, crossing, passing, acceleration, Ozil has none of these
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Dribbling, power, pace, finishing, crossing, passing, acceleration, Ozil has none of these

Zidane didn't either.

Chamberlain does too.

No wonder English football is in shambles.

PS: Wouldn't want crossing or passing stats thrown at you.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ronniec » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:43 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Probably KDB of City has everything that Ozil of Arsenal hasn't.
However, the Ozil of DFB has nothing less of what you mentioned, may be except finishing.
the Ozil of DFB is as good as the KDB of City/Belgium.

This shows players around you do make a difference, if you don't count tactics and game management etc.
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Zidane didn't either.

Chamberlain does too.

No wonder English football is in shambles.

PS: Wouldn't want crossing or passing stats thrown at you.

Ozil's lost the ball more than Xhaka in dangerous situations while playing less THIS SEASON
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:50 pm

This season. Says it all.

We're going to try all arguments, aren't we, without making sense - just to see what sticks.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Angelito wrote:Ahem. Ozil is in the top-3 best-performing players in the last two World Cups combined.

Just stating.

Just my opinion but I think he has been even better in Euros for them. It's a joy to watch him and Kroos operate in that midfield.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

the frustration with ozil is for me he rarely turns up in the big games, he missed a chance on the weekend but for years I have seen our players miss absolute sitters some have been harder not to score with open goals, at least now we have players who are prepared to shoot, I think with a different manager this group would be outstanding problem is come summer Ozil and Sanchez will more likely leave, this gap will more likely be filled by the squad who knows how those demands will effect Jack the most likely to succeed Ozil but this season is looking like a dead rubber so I am all for removing the wood that wants out and if we cannot fill those positions which in all logic we wont considering how we go about transfer business then give the young guys a go coming through we have a couple of players that really excite me for the future
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 pm

VCC wrote:the frustration with ozil is for me he rarely turns up in the big games, he missed a chance on the weekend but for years I have seen our players miss absolute sitters some have been harder not to score with open goals, at least now we have players who are prepared to shoot, I think with a different manager this group would be outstanding problem is come summer Ozil and Sanchez will more likely leave, this gap will more likely be filled by the squad who knows how those demands will effect Jack the most likely to succeed Ozil but this season is looking like a dead rubber so I am all for removing the wood that wants out and if we cannot fill those positions which in all logic we wont considering how we go about transfer business then give the young guys a go coming through we have a couple of players that really excite me for the future

Is that a single sentence?
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
VCC wrote:the frustration with ozil is for me he rarely turns up in the big games, he missed a chance on the weekend but for years I have seen our players miss absolute sitters some have been harder not to score with open goals, at least now we have players who are prepared to shoot, I think with a different manager this group would be outstanding problem is come summer Ozil and Sanchez will more likely leave, this gap will more likely be filled by the squad who knows how those demands will effect Jack the most likely to succeed Ozil but this season is looking like a dead rubber so I am all for removing the wood that wants out and if we cannot fill those positions which in all logic we wont considering how we go about transfer business then give the young guys a go coming through we have a couple of players that really excite me for the future

Is that a single sentence?

I am an engineer not a writer you will cope fine :lol:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club