The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:25 pm

VCC wrote:
UFGN wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Is he still here?

Nope, he's been unregistered in the Prem and Europa so that's it, Ozil is never playing another game in an Arsenal shirt ever again.

............ yet we're still banging on about him.

At this point he is employed by the club but is effectively not a player anymore

Literally as likely play for the club as Mikel's secretary

But is she any good

She has to be better than what Ceballos produced today.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:53 pm

We fuxked up
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby gamechannel » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Ozil didn't die for this shit sandwich of a footballing philosophy
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:59 pm

gamechannel wrote:Ozil didn't die for this shit sandwich of a footballing philosophy

He probably looked at Arteta in the wrong way for our Fuhrer's liking.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby gamechannel » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:04 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
gamechannel wrote:Ozil didn't die for this shit sandwich of a footballing philosophy

Ozil probably has a big dick and Arteta got intimidated and got insecure about his micro penis.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:06 pm

gamechannel wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Ozil probably has a big dick and Arteta got intimidated and got insecure about his micro penis.

Maybe Arteta just doesn't like midfielders who are vastly more talented than he was as a player.
He does appear to have a chip on his shoulder. Authoritarians usually do.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:07 pm

Our best player this season.

And he's not played a minute

Arteta out
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:51 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Arteta is now Hitler, folks.

Pack it up. We're done.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Pack it up. We're done.

It's a reference to his authoritarian approach to player management - don't take it literally, dear.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:12 am

Callum wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Pack it up. We're done.

More Stalin than Hitler in my opinion. What with his philosophy and monochromatic dress sense.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 am

He's a cancer eating away at the club from within ... pay him up and get him as far away as possible, his social media inspired circus will eat us alive, it already is.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:55 am

EliteKiller wrote:He's a cancer eating away at the club from within ... pay him up and get him as far away as possible, his social media inspired circus will eat us alive, it already is.

Arteta did this to himself which is another reason I'm pissed at him right now.

When we were playing 3-4-3 I backed Arteta's decision to oust Ozil all the way because it made sense, we had to field CM's that could defend.

But he basically sacks Ozil from the squad and then within 24hrs later he goes and tries possession football, then does it again today and we play absolutely foul through lack of incisive CAM play and it just looks terrible.

How Arteta has gone from saviour to amatuer hour and he did it all to himself, if he stuck with what he was doing there would still be no room for Ozil, but he's literally screaming out for CAM's now.

Just really disappointing and because I saw this with Emery I just don't have faith again that Arteta will figure this out.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:Arteta did this to himself which is another reason I'm pissed at him right now.

When we were playing 3-4-3 I backed Arteta's decision to oust Ozil all the way because it made sense, we had to field CM's that could defend.

But he basically sacks Ozil from the squad and then within 24hrs later he goes and tries possession football, then does it again today and we play absolutely foul through lack of incisive CAM play and it just looks terrible.

How Arteta has gone from saviour to amatuer hour and he did it all to himself, if he stuck with what he was doing there would still be no room for Ozil, but he's literally screaming out for CAM's now.

Just really disappointing and because I saw this with Emery I just don't have faith again that Arteta will figure this out.

I'm not defending the actions of the club or Arteta, no idea what went on behind the scenes but clearly we've made a right mess of the whole Ozil shitshow ... but that's no longer the point.

The club can't afford another season where the fan base is split over one person (Wenger,Emery, Arteta all fell down over Ozil) creating a feeding frenzy in the media and on social media, that poison just infiltrates the whole club and we will continue to fail.

There is no longer a choice back Arteta get rid of Ozil and move on - or back Ozil sack Arteta and start again ...

However if we give power to an ageing overpaid under-performing player over our trainee manager we will never live that down.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:30 am

EliteKiller wrote:I'm not defending the actions of the club or Arteta, no idea what went on behind the scenes but clearly we've made a right mess of the whole Ozil shitshow ... but that's no longer the point.

The club can't afford another season where the fan base is split over one person (Wenger,Emery, Arteta all fell down over Ozil) creating a feeding frenzy in the media and on social media, that poison just infiltrates the whole club and we will continue to fail.

There is no longer a choice back Arteta get rid of Ozil and move on - or back Ozil sack Arteta and start again ...

However if we give power to an ageing overpaid under-performing player over our trainee manager we will never live that down.

I agree.

Ozil is gone end of season in fact he's technically gone now and is not the future of the club, it just makes the situation look worse when you in desperation (even though our results were fine) force a style of play that suits the very guy you just wrote off the books.

Arteta focusing on turning us into a possession side is the wrong thing right now, if he doesn't wake up tomorrow and it clicks in his head then this decision to oust Ozil is going to continue to be a stick for him to be beaten with.

Its idiotic to put yourself in this situation.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:54 am

:cool:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club