The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 am

Cripps wrote:Funny how the no big teams are interested in Ozil so he must be shit brigade are gone

Only one of the if not the biggest club in the world is

Whereas Alexis is being linked to City lol. Who the hell are City? 5 years ago no one had heard of them and their best player ever was Shaun Goater.

Mercenary club, highest bidder.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am

Goonerz wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Ozil in the last three years is a better player than Cesc .... and yet he's playing in a bang average side .....

Ozil in a top six side for the last 40 months (8,235 mintues) - goals 19 - assists 34

Cesc in a EPL winning side for the same period (7,383) - goals 14 assists 38

Ozil is to good for Wonger's Arsenal .... that's the feckin' problem ....

Okay. Smh

Aye, those facts obviously don't back up your wild accusations .. so dismiss them as is your right in a free world.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am

Krigaren wrote:Hes not to good for Arsenal. Hes had so many games where he is bang avarage. Yesterday he decided that he wanted to prove us wrong and give a shit on the field. When he has games like this one wounder why they only happen a few times a season?

Look i love watching Özil the way he played yesterday. For the last 10 years he gave me one of the best memories when we bashed Chelsea last season. I never seen such a good atmosphere at emirates. Atleast in the northbank everyone in halftime sang for Özil.

But one superb game doesnt mean he proved everyone wrong. Noone denies he has world class vision and passing.
Just like noone can deny he isnt a clean cut goal scorer. He cant track back for shit. His tackling is litterally non excisting. He dissepears in physical matches. And his pressing is dang poor. For any side in any team in the world a player like Özil will always mean that you add offense and remove defense. Noone can deny that.

I have highlighted what I believe is utter tripe.

Have you not wondered that, considering all the things Ozil CANNOT do, as stated by you, he has the stats that he has, he has the awards that he has, he is an integral and vital part of the German national team too. In spite of his many deficiencies, he manages to be a key player for club and country, considering he doesn't score much, his tackling is non-existent, he disappears in physical matches, his pressing is shit and he doesn't track back. And yet numerous managers that know all of this continue to play him. They must all be mad, mad as a hatter, madder than Jack McMad who won last year's Mr Madman competition !

Perhaps they know that they are talking about and you don't ? Perhaps .......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Krigaren wrote:Hes not to good for Arsenal. Hes had so many games where he is bang avarage. Yesterday he decided that he wanted to prove us wrong and give a shit on the field. When he has games like this one wounder why they only happen a few times a season?

Look i love watching Özil the way he played yesterday. For the last 10 years he gave me one of the best memories when we bashed Chelsea last season. I never seen such a good atmosphere at emirates. Atleast in the northbank everyone in halftime sang for Özil.

But one superb game doesnt mean he proved everyone wrong. Noone denies he has world class vision and passing.
Just like noone can deny he isnt a clean cut goal scorer. He cant track back for shit. His tackling is litterally non excisting. He dissepears in physical matches. And his pressing is dang poor. For any side in any team in the world a player like Özil will always mean that you add offense and remove defense. Noone can deny that.

Have you not wondered that, considering all the things Ozil CANNOT do, as stated by you, he has the stats that he has, he has the awards that he has, he is an integral and vital part of the German national team too. In spite of his many deficiencies, he manages to be a key player for club and country, considering he doesn't score much, his tackling is non-existent, he disappears in physical matches, his pressing is shit and he doesn't track back. And yet numerous managers that know all of this continue to play him. They must all be mad, mad as a hatter, madder than Jack McMad who won last year's Mr Madman competition !

What's next, will we be insulting Cech for not scoring goals?

Some people just can't see past their nose.

If we signed Zidane would people be saying he's sh*t because he's not a proficient tackler and doesn't track back all the time?

If you buy a Ferrari do you say its crap because you can't fit the baby seats in the back along with the family dog? if you want a people carrier you buy one, if you want grunt football buy grunts.

.......... we bought Ozil and I'm sure we bought him for his passing skills and reading of the game, not because he is a midfield enforcer.

Next up in AFC fans accusations - Lacazette is crap for not defending.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of our fans are just dire clueless muppets, who don't know football.
The sort of fans who'd take Stokes passion and grunt football over Barcelona's brand of football ........... good luck to them.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Fenice » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

DG.... well said. Seriously, don’t think I’ve ever agreed with you more.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:36 pm

Lacazette defends very well from the front with his energetic pressing, leading to many chances. Unlike some people.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ronniec » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

If we signed Zidane would people be saying he's sh*t because he's not a proficient tackler and doesn't track back all the time?

If you buy a Ferrari do you say its crap because you can't fit the baby seats in the back along with the family dog? if you want a people carrier you buy one, if you want grunt football buy grunts.

.......... we bought Ozil and I'm sure we bought him for his passing skills and reading of the game, not because he is a midfield enforcer.

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of our fans are just dire clueless muppets, who don't know football.
The sort of fans who'd take Stokes passion and grunt football over Barcelona's brand of football ........... good luck to them.

Well said, DG.

Obviously some Arsenal fans want to turn him into something that he isn't used to be; but also need him to register league leading assist and goal scoring numbers.

Defensive striker, offensive defender... do people know what they are really asking for?
ronniec
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Anyone else remember when Thierry Henry used to be criticised of his body language in a similar way to how Ozil is now?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Well said.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:38 am

Raphael Honigstein is claiming that it's Arsenal creating issues in the deal regarding Ozil. Contrary to what's been reported, Ozil hasn't asked for £300k a week. What he wants are an upgrade on his current deal and the #10 shirt. He wants to stay, but he wants to be paid more than what he's being paid right now.

Since January, however, Arsenal haven't opened talks with Ozil.

Assuming this is true, we did have indications that Arsenal would rather let Ozil (and Alexis) go for free than pay them in the range of £200k a week. We started the season with Welbeck as the only bona-fide starter. Almost makes me think that Arsenal executives and Wenger believed/believe that Welbeck could replace Alexis and Iwobi could be Ozil's replacement.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Top top post Diamond, well said mate.
I was watching a disaster movie called The Core about a mission to save the planet from destruction because we'd f***ked about with it's core. During the prep for the mission, a simulated training session is going horribly wrong with systems failing and the hero's not working together, at which point the French scientist starts laughing and shouting ' it's a disaster..this is going to be a f***ing disaster..we're all f***ked ' or words to that effect, and I instantly thought this guy must be an arsenal fan.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:46 pm

No one says anything against özil, if he performs like he did against everton more often and consistent. Against everton he cared and was class the problem is i don't See Performances like this often enough from him.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fenice » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Angelito wrote:Raphael Honigstein is claiming that it's Arsenal creating issues in the deal regarding Ozil. Contrary to what's been reported, Ozil hasn't asked for £300k a week. What he wants are an upgrade on his current deal and the #10 shirt. He wants to stay, but he wants to be paid more than what he's being paid right now.

Since January, however, Arsenal haven't opened talks with Ozil.

Assuming this is true, we did have indications that Arsenal would rather let Ozil (and Alexis) go for free than pay them in the range of £200k a week. We started the season with Welbeck as the only bona-fide starter. Almost makes me think that Arsenal executives and Wenger believed/believe that Welbeck could replace Alexis and Iwobi could be Ozil's replacement.

That’s madness if true.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby fredd1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 am

Iwobi mentioned in the same sentence as Ozil shocking.Welbeck mentioned in the same sentence as Sanchez shocking.If as mentioned above is true then this club is well and truly f***ked.It's like having a Ferrari and changing to a Nissan Micra
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby immsun » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:13 am

Again digy dogy performance. Thats his problem, when we needed today more he delivers nothing. How mny times hr found laca?
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club