The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby BexleyGooner » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Preach.

The highlights are on in about ten minutes.

DT’s pants already at half mast
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Cripps wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:
Cripps wrote:They wanted to get rid cos he was the only one other than Ronaldo who they weren't going to sell who could bring in big money after what they spent on Bale. This has been explained to you many a time and you ignore it cos it blows your pathetic ozil hating BS apart

Di Maria says hi

Er tell him I said hello

:rofll:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby realtalk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Turned up today. And scored his one chance. Just don't know if he'll play like this next game.
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Honestly sober thinking, we can't let this guy go.

When Sanchez leaves Ozil will become the fulcrum of the team again, now if we can surround him with Lacazette, Wilshere, hopefully Cazorla and an additional offensive player we buy to replace Sanchez ..........

If we let him go we're a joke.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Lemar Lacazette Özil would be dynamic going forward and actually able to play Wengerball...
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:21 pm

Sims wrote:Lemar Lacazette Özil would be dynamic going forward and actually able to play Wengerball...

I just got a semi.

There is life after Sanchez as talented wingers are easier to find but top class readers of the game like Ozil are rare.

Don't get me wrong Sanchez is all action, all round and a better impact player than Ozil but we can find other impact wingers who are dangerous on goal (Cripps is thinking Walcott).

Ozil is a rare talent, again though he'll only shine when he's excited with the players he has around him, the guy came from Madrid ffs and the German national team, he's not going to be inspired playing next to Ramsey and Welbeck is he?

If we do sell Sanchez in January and replace him with the likes of a Lemar or Aubameyang and pay him the raise he wants he may see fit to stay.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Ozil looks like he is headed to Man Utd in January - good for him. He deserves to play for a club that wants to win big trophies and certainly doesn't deserve the treatment he has got from many Arsenal fans.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Cripps » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:39 pm

Funny how the no big teams are interested in Ozil so he must be shit brigade are gone

Only one of the if not the biggest club in the world is

Whereas Alexis is being linked to City lol. Who the hell are City? 5 years ago no one had heard of them and their best player ever was Shaun Goater.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Willing to sell to any club bar Utd, Chelsea or City. It could come down to a Top 4 place between us and Utd and giving them the edge would be criminal.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Sims wrote:Lemar Lacazette Özil would be dynamic going forward and actually able to play Wengerball...

Too bad Wenger doesn't play Wengerball anymore.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:10 am

Well he stuffed that right up the morons on here who say he's no good .... by far the best player on the pitch and against an admittedly poor Everton side he pulled all the strings .... replace him with Arron or Jack? that's five steps backwards not just one ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 am

Goonerz wrote:
Cripps wrote:I miss goonerz

Hahaha.
When he deserves to be praised i give him the praise he deserves. When he goes into his usual KOALA BEAR / SLOTH mode I will keep calling him out.
Fair or not Fair? :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Just plain stupid ... when you can't recognise quality probably best you just stfu ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:19 am

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goonerz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 am

@Crip.
Seriously. I am in a good mood after the teams performance. I don’t feel like refuting all these tired talking points we have heard over and over again since we signed ozil. The constant cringeworthy excuses from you his apologetics over 5 seasons are used up now. There is a reason why Madrid did not sell Modric, Ronaldo or Benzema but were more than happy to sell Ozil. He is a very talented player that is so one dimensional and very inconsistent, that is the only issue.

And if you think Ozil is a better all round player than Cesc then you are smoking too much of that ozil stuff. And i still stand by my statement, Wilshere is a better EPL player than Ozil. Injuries are the only problem.

Can we just hold it for at least this week? I don’t feel good talking negatively about Ozil when he was very good today. The times I am sure are plenty to come in the future where the criticism might come back. But today / right now I don’t feel is the moment for me to bash him. I never criticise him when it is not warranted. Today is one of those days where he deserves all the praise, applauds and credit.

Don’t try to play cute with me. Can we wait until the criticism is warranted? Please. Smh. :think:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Cripps wrote:I miss goonerz

Hahaha.
When he deserves to be praised i give him the praise he deserves. When he goes into his usual KOALA BEAR / SLOTH mode I will keep calling him out.
Fair or not Fair? :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:

Just plain stupid ... when you can't recognise quality probably best you just stfu ......

I will let it slide for now because he had a good game. Like i said, I will keep criticising him when it is warranted. If he goes back into his typical excuse galore / SLOATH / KOALA BEAR mode then you know what I will do. We deserve constant better performances from our most talented players and highest paid.
Simples. Isn’t it? :think:
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club