The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby gamechannel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:41 am

Delete
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:45 am

i hope at least that Bellend has sewn him a nice set of silk pajamas
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:02 am

The beginning

The middle

The end

This was the last season he was World Class! Even from 2012 to 2016 he hasn't improved, his dribbling had got worse, he could move and dominate a game still of course but he never really improved or changed his game he just become solely a passer where as at Madrid he was more complete as a number 10 who could take players on.

Hes over the hill! I'm ashamed how hes been behaving! Over the years his movement has dwindled like crazy and now, just check the nothing performance vs Forest, he's a joke now, a shell of the man he was and greed and vanity has got the better of him. His behavior sums up our mentality as a club. Hes a wuss!!!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:46 am

The man's on 18m a year for sitting on his arse and doing nothing, it's no secret he barely breaks a sweat in training, when he does get picked he looks about as interested as a eunuch in a brothel ... I don't blame him wealth and old age have caught up with him happens to all players ... the persons to blame are the deluded Gazidis/Wonger partnership that gave him the best/worst contract in the history of football ... sadly we were the ones who got the worst of it ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:42 am

gamechannel wrote:Emery's response today about not picking Ozil should seal Ozil's fate at this club. Emery would rather play Torreira at no. 10 than play the only natural No. 10 at his disposal. Ozil is done at Arsenal

Ridiculous decision. Out of all the players he could try in that role, he goes for the one player we desperately need playing as DM.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
gamechannel wrote:Emery's response today about not picking Ozil should seal Ozil's fate at this club. Emery would rather play Torreira at no. 10 than play the only natural No. 10 at his disposal. Ozil is done at Arsenal

Ridiculous decision. Out of all the players he could try in that role, he goes for the one player we desperately need playing as DM.
No. Not ridiculous at all. He's trying to show the world the truth.

Mesut Ozil would struggle to make it into any Premier League team right now he's dropped off the cliff in terms of ability. All he has is his passing, he's technique is still there, that's it, he can't move anymore, he got a huge ton of flaws since he's not adapted whatsoever to become more of a CM/AM hybrid like David Silva or a false 9/striker like Tadic. If he did adapt, if Ozil had balls, if Ozil actually tries in training, Emery would have the midfield built around him. No hesitation.

This is not Emery's fault. This is a symbol of how little Ozil now thinks of our club, all he cares about is himself and his ego. He has no respect for our club hence my anger. A good pro adapts and tries his best for who he is contracted to play for like Ramsey last year! Ozil is unprofessional!

We must sell in January.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:26 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

No. Not ridiculous at all. He's trying to show the world the truth.

Mesut Ozil would struggle to make it into any Premier League team right now he's dropped off the cliff in terms of ability. All he has is his passing, he's technique is still there, that's it, he can't move anymore, he got a huge ton of flaws since he's not adapted whatsoever to become more of a CM/AM hybrid like David Silva or a false 9/striker like Tadic. If he did adapt, if Ozil had balls, if Ozil actually tries in training, Emery would have the midfield built around him. No hesitation.

This is not Emery's fault. This is a symbol of how little Ozil now thinks of our club, all he cares about is himself and his ego. He has no respect for our club hence my anger. A good pro adapts and tries his best for who he is contracted to play for like Ramsey last year! Ozil is unprofessional!

We must sell in January.

Torriera registered 8 passes all game. Xhaka lost the ball 10 times with just 1 tackle. I get that Ozil has flaws but Emery can make his point without looking like a complete moron. I don't know how you can overlook how the squad is being misused but go into an indepth analysis on Ozil's flaws. I wouldn't attempt to justify Emery's decision on this one. How am I supposed to take any the football talk seriously if you think this was a good idea or he had no other choice. We had Willock, Ceballos and AMN to start if he didn't want to go with Ozil. He could have even tried Chambers as DM.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby elkanofan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:51 pm

Right. So instead of going with the best and three most experienced midfielders available in a tough away match vs a team at the same level as us, knowing full well how poor our defence is. We experiment with kids or players like AMN who have little top level experience in midfield!

I love it. So when we lose 3-1, 4-1 trying to experiment i can't wait for all the same people to hammer emery for....

'making too many changes'!

We gave United no real chances whatsoever in the first half with that midfield and had the best chance of the half with Pepe which he wasted along with Sakas chance before the counter and goal.

The goal was a great strike from McTominay to be fair. But he's a bad manager because we didn't 'go for it', if we went for it we would of been battered. United where cutting through us in the second half as soon as we put Ceballos on because he can't defend at all but again. Nobody seems to get it. We overrate our team like crazy.

Robbie was laughing at some of the ignorance. Someone even mentioned Rodgers, how foolish. Leicester lost at Old Toliet 'going for it'. "Ohhh but they tird and looked dangerous". THEY STILL LOST!!!!

You know how many times in the past as an Arsenal fan we have looked 'dangerous' and played pretty football at Old Toliet and still lost? Look at how poor our defence and team is in general and you expect us to walk over United?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:01 pm

elkanofan wrote:Right. So instead of going with the best and three most experienced midfielders available in a tough away match vs a team at the same level as us, knowing full well how poor our defence is. We experiment with kids or players like AMN who have little top level experience in midfield!

I love it. So when we lose 3-1, 4-1 trying to experiment i can't wait for all the same people to hammer emery for....

We gave United no real chances whatsoever in the first half with that midfield and had the best chance of the half with Pepe which he wasted along with Sakas chance before the counter and goal.

The goal was a great strike from McTominay to be fair. But he's a bad manager because we didn't 'go for it', if we went for it we would of been battered. United where cutting through us in the second half as soon as we put Ceballos on because he can't defend at all but again. Nobody seems to get it. We overrate our team like crazy.

Robbie was laughing at some of the ignorance. Someone even mentioned Rodgers, how foolish. Leicester lost at Old Toliet 'going for it'. "Ohhh but they tird and looked dangerous". THEY STILL LOST!!!!

You know how many times in the past as an Arsenal fan we have looked 'dangerous' and played pretty football at Old Toliet and still lost? Look at how poor our defence and team is in general and you expect us to walk over United?
Good post, spot on [emoji106]
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:09 pm

He will likely start against Standard Liege since ESR is injured.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:14 pm

elkanofan wrote:Right. So instead of going with the best and three most experienced midfielders available in a tough away match vs a team at the same level as us, knowing full well how poor our defence is. We experiment with kids or players like AMN who have little top level experience in midfield!

And by doing so we also gave ourselves not much chance to score. Both teams were poor in the first half. And Emery is just the epitome of negative football. He sells it like his style is attacking, but it's not at all. 3 flipping CM's/CDM's and he thinks that somehow we're going to be creative enough away at Utd. :dizzy:

And I highly disagree about Ceballos, the kid runs his butt on in midfield. We were more open because we were chasing the game and trying to win it, not because of Ceballos. He's not a DM, so he shouldn't be judged in the same way they are. He does plenty of work in midfield, maybe he could have been a tad lazy last night, but every other game when he got in he works hard.

Nobody expects us to walk over Utd, we're complaining about the totality of Emery's work, not just about last night homie. Keep that in mind. It's about his decisions, and the way we have played over the course of the time he has been here.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gamechannel » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Yep. You're 100% right. Emery was right to be defensive as we were playing at OT against a side that could batter us had we played attacking football. This is also exactly why we played defensive at Liverpool, Watford, Burnley, Newcastle, Frankfurt, Aston Villa, Tottenham this year. And Leicester, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Wolves late last year. So what if we didn't win most of these games? At least we didn't lose! Oh wait...

You guys, Emery knows! He's a genius! He's not a pussy, he's the tactical God we have all been waiting for!
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:18 pm

We played Saka and he player well and got an assist. How much experience does he have at the top level? He's a winger, he has the qualities needed for the role so you play him where his strengths are best suited. It's simple. By your logic, if we're going with experience, then Ozil should have started on the wing instead of Saka. Someone with experience but with none of the qualities needed to play that role effectively by your own assessment of the Ozil.

Also, if Emery still wanted to pick that more experienced midfield line up, the player most suited to having the freedom to get forward should have been Guendouzi with Torriera the one sitting. Again, there were plenty of options without shuffling the deck and making a random selection that was experimental for a massive away game.

I'm not really interested in who said what about Rodgers, who overrated who, just questioning the logic of the team selection.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:23 pm

elko said it using about 10k more words than me, THE ROSTER IS WEAK. many of You all massively overrate our players ( bar one or two).
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:24 pm

wneger out was based on us playing OUR STYLE of football and getting historically trounced.
no we want EMERY to do the same and magically get a better result...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club