The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:12 am

I'm now judging Ozil on how much of a fuss he kicks up to play football. There should be more noise from his camp on the lack of football. It's one thing not understand why Unai won't give him a shot, it's another when the player looks he's just accepting it. His PR team will have to say something soon.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Sims » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:41 am

Also found out yesterday my mums mate saw him and his girlfriend in hospital not too long ago

His girlfriend (now wife) was crying her eyes out and he had his head down etc

Maybe there’s something else
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 am

Whatever it is I wish him well.

But he's obviously not mentally or physically right at the moment, so leave him out.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:26 am

Sims wrote:Also found out yesterday my mums mate saw him and his girlfriend in hospital not too long ago

Fks sake lets stop with the conspiracy theories, this has been going on for 2 seasons.

......... when Emery makes an announcement like that to the media ie "I didn't pick Ozil cause others deserve it more".

That is not to do with any medical issue, that's also not the first time Emery has called Ozil out for not training hard enough in his eyes, he said this last January.

Mertesacker said in an interview Emery doesn't like it when he feels Ozil doesn't train hard enough and that's why he doesn't pick him, this is about work rate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:26 am

Sims wrote:Also found out yesterday my mums mate saw him and his girlfriend in hospital not too long ago

If true, it makes sense why he's not playing and a fuss isn't being made from his camp. But at the same time, wouldn't it be better for the club to say he has a long term injury?

Merts came out the other week and pinpointed the problem down to Ozil not training hard enough. Emery has been almost nonchalant when it comes to explaining Ozil's absence these days. Yet picks him to play with the kids in a league cup game and decides to hook him early.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:07 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Fks sake lets stop with the conspiracy theories, this has been going on for 2 seasons.

......... when Emery makes an announcement like that to the media ie "I didn't pick Ozil cause others deserve it more".

That is not to do with any medical issue, that's also not the first time Emery has called Ozil out for not training hard enough in his eyes, he said this last January.

Mertesacker said in an interview Emery doesn't like it when he feels Ozil doesn't train hard enough and that's why he doesn't pick him, this is about work rate.

I think the first period of emerys arrival ozil didnt play due to indeed him not working hard enough.

In the last months however there is more going on i think. If you look at the latest statements of emery when ozil is not selected, he didnt mention anything about fitness or not working hard enough. Infact emery just stated he is not selected, end of. So i feel in a way he is protecting mesut and its not our business what is going on in mesuts private life.

Whatever it is, i hope he is back fully fit asap

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:08 am

^^ But then if that is the case why would Emery do him like that publicly?

Emery is in the know more than we are.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Hybrid47 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:54 am

Well, I think his treatment of Ozil is disgraceful! It shows a huge amount of disrespect to out players publicly. Mourinho started doing it at Chelsea, then United and look what happened to him.

If Emery gets us back into CLeague then I still don't want him here next season.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby BS221B » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Emery is exactly doing what Mourinho did to Casillas. I see no difference.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:58 pm

Hybrid47 wrote:Well, I think his treatment of Ozil is disgraceful! It shows a huge amount of disrespect to out players publicly. Mourinho started doing it at Chelsea, then United and look what happened to him.

If Emery gets us back into CLeague then I still don't want him here next season.

Leaving someone out of the squad is disrespectful?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:36 pm

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/04/unai-emery-claims-mesut-ozil-not-deserve-substitute-arsenals-win-standard-liege-10858813/

Asked what Ozil has to do to get back in the side, Emery replied: ‘Continue working. ‘Tomorrow we have training, tomorrow we have training with the players who didn’t play. ‘And Sunday we have another match and we are going to decide the same, the first eleven possible. ‘Our target is to win on Sunday and adapt to the difficulty of Bournemouth and carry on in the same way in each match.’
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Hybrid47 wrote:Well, I think his treatment of Ozil is disgraceful! It shows a huge amount of disrespect to out players publicly. Mourinho started doing it at Chelsea, then United and look what happened to him.

Actually what your seeing is a manager scared for his job.

If he feels Ozil is a liability to how he wants to set the team up then he's going to be ruthless, he know's he has judgement day in 8 months.

We wanted a manager on the tight rope, now we have one, he'll make his decisions and he'll live with them ........ or he won't and will be fired.

When a manager only has 8 months to achieve then he has my backing to do what he needs to do in that time, to any player, because he has to deal with that decision if it backfires.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zanatos3 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm

HEADLINE:Unai Emery is right to move on from Mesut Ozil as Joe Willock shows the way to a new Arsenal era

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/players/unai-emery-right-move-mesut-17028785

"The manager told us to keep going even if it's three or four nil," Willock said. "We want to get the ball back and get more goals. He drills that into is.

"We have a manager here who wants to play youngsters and I have to make sure I take my chances and prove why that is the way forward."

Add a goal to the mix for Willock and he now has the same number of goals Ozil has scored since the start of last season. The youngster has played 23 fewer games.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ag6789 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:28 pm

Big difference in performing against EL teams as opposed to PL teams. Willock looks lightweight against PL teams so far. Will need more evidence that he is able to perform consistently against opposition that matters. Same with other academy grads.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Nonsense. Willock looked decent in PL as well. Also looked better than Ozil when he came on in the EL final. Promising player.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club