The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:49 pm

|I'm not even fussed anymore, I am bored of this Ozil saga.

Emery better do something special this season, thats all I am saying.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Yeah he's gone but we are producing so can't complain
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Oh FFS do you read properly? I answered this! You can absolutely afford to put a kid like Saka on the wing where his defensive role is just to help out his full back but primary attack. It does not require the same level of experience and responsibly needed to play disciplined defensive role int eh middle which was keep to making sure United didn't get any momentum which they didn't until the second half.

Guendouzi has already had 1 full season here at Arsenal and seasons with Lorient, he is a defensive minded box to box player by trade! This is Willock's first full season as part of the main squad in his f***ing life! and you want to give him all this responsibility? IF he f***ked up... ooooh

"Emery makes too much changes"

So he takes risk by starting Willock against Liverpool but not against a struggling Man Utd? Also, when you know you have a player like Xhaka that's a huge liability on all fronts, what's the harm in trying something different? It doesn't even have to be Willock. He has other options which you yourself agree with. Even after the performance Ceballos, Torriera and Willock put in today, despite controlling the park and actually doing well to snuff out attacks, Xhaka will still keep his place.

Also, Guendouzi started our very first game under Emery against Man City! The whole seniority and experience argument over form and talent makes no sense. It's like someone here saying Ozil should start on the wing in place of Saka because he's more experienced and we're playing an important game. You know damn well you wouldn't be in favour of that.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Shame. I’m fine if we offload Ozil. But don’t see the value of just excluding him. £350k per week I’d hope we’d make use of him during EL games.

Unai harping on about him not deserving minutes yet is willing to give Mustafi and Xhaka game after countless errors.

Classic Unai habit. Falls out with players wherever he goes and doesn’t have the man management skills to resolve any issues he has. Cost him his job at PSG and won’t be surprised if eventually that what sees him out of the door here.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BS221B » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Angelito is going to get triggered just by reading this :tumbleweed:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 pm

watch... Mesut will proceed do nothing anywhere anymore... the very definiton of WASHED
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:43 pm

" i look to understand the manager who knows much than anyone here does!"

god forbid. all these mokes here acting like they know better. its the sick of internet life. all BS, no skin in the game, no resume... just running dey mouth
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:07 pm

have very little sympathy for Ozil but Emery's obsession with:

a) starting Xhaka at every possible chance, and
b) ostracising Ozil completely

might well cost him his job. The fans aren't behind him enough to let these things fly
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Callum wrote:have very little sympathy for Ozil but Emery's obsession with:

might well cost him his job. The fans aren't behind him enough to let these things fly

Emery's decision so he'll have to fall on that sword.

Got a feeling though that players like Auba, Laca, Tierny, Bellerin and co might save him, but I'm sick of him allowing Xhaka to be a passenger in our team.

How the fk is he playing Xhaka over Willock for example? Cebellos? gtfo.

Willock and Cebellos have luckily for us replaced Ramsey, not to that level but are doing a similar enough job, Guendouzi and Torreria are our anchors .......... wtf do we need Xhaka for again??
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Oh FFS do you read properly? I answered this! You can absolutely afford to put a kid like Saka on the wing where his defensive role is just to help out his full back but primary attack. It does not require the same level of experience and responsibly needed to play disciplined defensive role int eh middle which was keep to making sure United didn't get any momentum which they didn't until the second half.

Guendouzi has already had 1 full season here at Arsenal and seasons with Lorient, he is a defensive minded box to box player by trade! This is Willock's first full season as part of the main squad in his f***ing life! and you want to give him all this responsibility? IF he f***ked up... ooooh

"Emery makes too much changes"

So he takes risk by starting Willock against Liverpool but not against a struggling Man Utd?

Yes. since we played 4 in the middle with Ceballos as the attacking mid and had the assurance to keep playing two upfront for the entire 90 minutes to retain this shape. Lacazette came on too late in the second half to do anything however this shape means you have 4 in the middle to work together and you can afford to have Willock there since he's got numbers around him to help if he messes up.

Vs United we have found that using this 4 in midfield and diamond hasn't worked defensively so the man, like any good manager learned and adapted to a more negative but more solid 4-5-1. It was vital our 3 midfielders where disciplined and experienced enough not to give united space and we didn't in the 55 minutes we played with this.

Also, when you know you have a player like Xhaka that's a huge liability on all fronts, what's the harm in trying something different? It doesn't even have to be Willock. He has other options which you yourself agree with. Even after the performance Ceballos, Torriera and Willock put in today, despite controlling the park and actually doing well to snuff out attacks, Xhaka will still keep his place.

Let's go back to what i originally wanted before the United game, I've given up on Xhaka not being in the team. Sadly he's captain and I do see why but i just see it as pointless to speak about any other formations for the first team which don't have him at the base.

If he gets injured i would think what i asked for is the best midfield we have and since Ceballos played 90 minutes today, i'm more comfortable with us starting him even in big games because he is sooo, so good on the ball and when he's got that resilience to at least do 90 minutes even as a big defensive liability far more than Xhaka i know we can keep playing, lovely passing football we can built something on.

Also, Guendouzi started our very first game under Emery against Man City! The whole seniority and experience argument over form and talent makes no sense. It's like someone here saying Ozil should start on the wing in place of Saka because he's more experienced and we're playing an important game. You know damn well you wouldn't be in favour of that.
[/quote]

Calm down, he was wicked in that pre season! It was as you said, just the first game of the season at home vs a team out of our competitive range. Not a key fixture away at Old Trafford against a direct rival for CL football!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:18 am

Its over he's done here.

With the young wingers coming through and midfield relatively stacked plus the managers comments its clear he's out, we need to move on ourselves now.

I still think he has plenty of talent to offer and no one can spot a pass like he can but Emery has made it clear with that comment that he doesn't want him.

He wants pacey wingers and actively mobile CDM's and box to box CM's.

Whether your a fan or a hater ........... its over, time to let this one go.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:22 am

BS221B wrote:

Angelito is going to get triggered just by reading this :tumbleweed:

Threw Oz under the bus with that comment.

But he doesn't treat other players in the same manner. This is simply a power struggle now. It doesn't have any logic to it. He's making it public to appear powerful.

Unai is basically setting the stage for his own demise at Arsenal.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:39 am

I think Emery tactics are going to playing wide and not through a 10 as such, I think when Teirny and Bellerin hit the 1st team we will see a different midfeild, have to say i am liking this project youth especially the press the energy difference is huge, and although i dont rate Xhaka the way Torrera gave away sloppy passes we will be stuck with him another week,
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:13 am

Calm down, he was wicked in that pre season! It was as you said, just the first game of the season at home vs a team out of our competitive range. Not a key fixture away at Old Trafford against a direct rival for CL football!

I'm calm. Guendouzi started our first five Premier League games under Emery. It wasn't just the first game. That also included Chelsea away who were our competitive rivals for the Top 4 spot. He also started at Old Trafford last season. Away to Man City...there were plenty of games. It wasn't just a one of game against teams outside of our competitive range. That's a poor argument. I don't have a problem with him playing. I'm in favour of talent and form over seniority and experience as I've already said. The manager may know more about football than us, but you yourself would question the logic in constantly picking a player like Ozil. It’s the same with most people when it comes to Xhaka. We have other choices and we have some young talented players that can offer a lot. But it’s on the manager to make that choice.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Dejan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:05 am

Callum wrote:have very little sympathy for Ozil but Emery's obsession with:

We have absolutely zero knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes. So it shouldnt cost him his job obviously.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club