The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Angelito » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Overall (from Transfermarkt):

1. Messi - 286
2. Ozil - 251
3. Cesc - 238
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:36 pm

He was pretty non existent in the first half, moved more centrally in the 2nd and was lights out good. Dictated the play and when he got on the ball made shit happen going forward. That's the Ozil we need for 90 mins every game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:43 pm

No we don't we just need him to create his magic and for the strikers to put the chances away.

Were he playing a Cazorla role I would agree with you, but as long as he is creating - which he doesn't need to do for 90 mins, thats his job done. He just needs to create enough chances for the strikers.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:No we don't we just need him to create his magic and for the strikers to put the chances away.

Were he playing a Cazorla role I would agree with you, but as long as he is creating - which he doesn't need to do for 90 mins, thats his job done. He just needs to create enough chances for the strikers.

.......... but he wasn't doing that effectively from the wing which is StLGooners point.

Even Emery said Ozil was better 2nd half because centrally he gets the ball more and has more time on the ball.

In Emery's system who has the ball most? Guendouzi, why? because he's playing midfield and getting the ball from the CB's ........ who again have a lot of the ball.

In Emery's set up our wingers hardly touch the freaking ball hence why Auba wasn't doing much until he moved in with Laca more.

Wide our Fullbacks always have it, centrally its Guendouzi and Xhaka, Ozil coming centrally allowed him to take over possession from Guen and Xhaka.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm

theHotHead wrote:No we don't we just need him to create his magic and for the strikers to put the chances away.

You don't want him playing well for a full 90 mins? :dizzy: That's a weird argument dude.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:22 pm

StLGooner wrote:

You don't want him playing well for a full 90 mins? :dizzy: That's a weird argument dude.

OK, lets say he creates 5 good chances in the first half and plays shit in the second half. He did his job, he created 5 good chances over 90 mins. Thats the point I am making. If he created 5 good chances in a spellbinding 15 min spell and was shit for 75 mins, he still created 5 good chances, we should have scored 5 goals. As a creator he did his job.

Is creating 5 good chances in 15 mins and playing shit for 75 mins worse than creating 5 good chances over 90 mins ?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

OK, lets say he creates 5 good chances in the first half and plays shit in the second half. He did his job, he created 5 good chances over 90 mins. Thats the point I am making. If he created 5 good chances in a spellbinding 15 min spell and was shit for 75 mins, he still created 5 good chances, we should have scored 5 goals. As a creator he did his job.

Is creating 5 good chances in 15 mins and playing shit for 75 mins worse than creating 5 good chances over 90 mins ?

It's just kind of a weird point to make I guess. Sounds like you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing or just reading too much into my comment. My point is, when he plays better for however long, we seem to have more chances as a team. Pretty simple. Maybe we only need him to create 5 chances a game, but if creates more than that it's a good thing. That's all. He looked hungry in the 2nd half, and we need him to play like that consistently throughout every game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Yeah, no thats not me, can't be bothered arguing inanely. Of course I would prefer him to play well over 90 mins, playing well involves more than just creating good chances, its all of the bits in between creating chances too. But chances are that won't happen, even the great Messi can be quiet for 80 mins then obliterate opponents in an instant.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah, no thats not me, can't be bothered arguing inanely. Of course I would prefer him to play well over 90 mins, playing well involves more than just creating good chances, its all of the bits in between creating chances too. But chances are that won't happen, even the great Messi can be quiet for 80 mins then obliterate opponents in an instant.

I think we're on the same page. :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LegendaryKeown » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:29 pm

Looks like Kroos has got more time to show his true face

Looks like Ozil was right
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:53 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:Looks like Kroos has got more time to show his true face

How so?
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:09 am

LMAO wrote:

How so?

Rudiger is next.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:14 am

This is exactly what I feared might happen on the back of the Ozil affair.

People who criticise non-white players being liberally branded as racist.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:30 am

How many times have you seen anyone roast their international teammate on the media?
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 am

LMAO wrote:

How so?

Cos Kroos is a racist prick. How are you gonna call out Sane like that, what the f**k did he do to deserve this considering he wasn't even part of the sad debacle in Moscow. But people that claim Ozil is wrong or that he is making shit up don't like to admit they are wrong and this story clearly goes against their line of argument so they will dismiss all accusations outright.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club