The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:34 am

Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:Tbh, if Ozil is fit he should be starting. Emery is f***ing around with him too much.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 am

Marsbar100 wrote:He is being pushed out because we have a wage cap issue, he is on to much money for what he offers, we haven't got top 4 with ozil the last 2 years, it's done he is the old arsenal and the face of what was wrong with it, what is the big fuss, I will repeat we failed to make top 4 two years running whilst he was our superstar 10.

Ideally it would be good if we could play him whilst waiting for him to piss off but he will not f**k off if we play him for obvious reasons.

ATM him and the club are playing poker, who will win I don't know he obviously has the upper hand though.

If we get rid of ozil and do f**k all in the transfer market then fair enough having a go will be merited, for now accept we have to accept we are in a transition phase.

Mate thats bollox like I said!! If we were even close to having a wage cap issue why would the club give him a £350k per week contract just 1 year ago!!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:37 am

I just don’t get it. Why can’t you play Ozil in front of Xhaka and Torreira? We have one of Europe’s top five strikers starting at the moment who would feed on all the chances Ozil creates. It boggles the mind.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Roycck » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:14 am

Emery needs to stop this Ozil bullshyt about tactical reasons not playing him. It is not helping the team and the results.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby PairyGrows » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 am

Power n Glory wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:I hate to repeat myself but what if the club have decided that they'll need to cut spending to turn in minimal losses? If Ozil has a (quite lucrative) clause granting him a bonus based on how much he plays, perhaps Emery has been told that he cannot play Ozil because we're trying to save some money.

You need to provide a source for that with some reliable insider info otherwise it's just a theory. Freezing Ozil out makes no sense because your taking him out of the shop window.

If the club wanted to sell him, it's a simple case of offering him to other clubs and telling Ozil he's not wanted here and we're looking for a buyer.

It's all speculation on my part but it fits the bigger picture. Arsenal are in deep financial crisis at the moment, which may have prompted the club to save money wherever possible. If we're looking to offload Ozil in the summer, and cutting costs is our objective, then it makes sense to play him as little as possible to avoid paying him bonuses for appearances.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Arsenalthebest » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:44 am

swipe right wrote:I just don’t get it. Why can’t you play Ozil in front of Xhaka and Torreira? We have one of Europe’s top five strikers starting at the moment who would feed on all the chances Ozil creates. It boggles the mind.

My thoughts, seem's a good balance in midfield, Torreira breaking up play, Xhaka playing a box to box role and Ozil creating, instead Torreira was on the bench and Ozil was nowhere to be seen. :(
Arsenalthebest

Postby Godlop » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:01 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:He is being pushed out because we have a wage cap issue, he is on to much money for what he offers, we haven't got top 4 with ozil the last 2 years, it's done he is the old arsenal and the face of what was wrong with it, what is the big fuss, I will repeat we failed to make top 4 two years running whilst he was our superstar 10.

Ideally it would be good if we could play him whilst waiting for him to piss off but he will not f**k off if we play him for obvious reasons.

ATM him and the club are playing poker, who will win I don't know he obviously has the upper hand though.

If we get rid of ozil and do f**k all in the transfer market then fair enough having a go will be merited, for now accept we have to accept we are in a transition phase.

Mate thats bollox like I said!! If we were even close to having a wage cap issue why would the club give him a £350k per week contract just 1 year ago!!!

Because they were in panic mode after Alexis decided not to renew his contract and the bad results under Wenger in his last season.
Gazidis didn't do whats best for the club but to save his face in front of the fans.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:03 pm

PairyGrows wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
PairyGrows wrote:I hate to repeat myself but what if the club have decided that they'll need to cut spending to turn in minimal losses? If Ozil has a (quite lucrative) clause granting him a bonus based on how much he plays, perhaps Emery has been told that he cannot play Ozil because we're trying to save some money.

You need to provide a source for that with some reliable insider info otherwise it's just a theory. Freezing Ozil out makes no sense because your taking him out of the shop window.

If the club wanted to sell him, it's a simple case of offering him to other clubs and telling Ozil he's not wanted here and we're looking for a buyer.

It's all speculation on my part but it fits the bigger picture. Arsenal are in deep financial crisis at the moment, which may have prompted the club to save money wherever possible. If we're looking to offload Ozil in the summer, and cutting costs is our objective, then it makes sense to play him as little as possible to avoid paying him bonuses for appearances.

I don't think it's a financial crisis at all. We just gave will Monreal a new contract and Elneny and Xhaka were given new contracts. The new Adidas kit sponsorship money should kick in next year too.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Manoban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Ozil's laziness is to blame for our poor defensive shape. If we buy a more combative player like Dennis Suarez, who fits our system, we can still finish in the top four. Furthermore, Suarez can play across midfield and is a key player in a much better team. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets more assists than Ozil.
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Manoban wrote:Ozil's laziness is to blame for our poor defensive shape. If we buy a more combative player like Dennis Suarez, who fits our system, we can still finish in the top four. Furthermore, Suarez can play across midfield and is a key player in a much better team. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets more assists than Ozil.

Yes of course it is, even when he doesn't play and we are dire, Ozil is the reason for our poor defensive shape. :rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Chris Sharma » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Manoban wrote:Ozil's laziness is to blame for our poor defensive shape. If we buy a more combative player like Dennis Suarez, who fits our system, we can still finish in the top four. Furthermore, Suarez can play across midfield and is a key player in a much better team. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets more assists than Ozil.

Best post of the week

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :BangHead:
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:50 pm

I can't believe Emery would get away with treating ozil like this without higher approval
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:I can't believe Emery would get away with treating ozil like this without higher approval

I think its come down to a case of if Ozil wants to keep those cushy wages he's going to have to do what this manager is asking for simple as that.

Me personally I would just allow the defensive players to do the tracking back and expect Ozil just to help with the press but .......... I'm not the manager.

No matter what our views this is what needs to be done for Ozil to get back in the team, Klopp, Mourhino, Pep may all expect the same thing so its not an option for us to keep switching managers until we find one who allows luxury players, Ozil needs to do whats required for the benefit of everyone including himself here.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:55 pm

It would become a case for changing managers if Unai keeps putting up stupid midfield combinations leaving better players on the bench or out of the team and get losing perfectly winnable games.
If he thinks a West Ham 3-pointer is less valuable than a Chelsea 3-pointer, he should be coaching somewhere else.
Can't imagine keeping Torreira, Ramsey on the bench, and playing garbage Xakha and headless chicken Guendonzi in their place.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Godlop » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 pm

ag6789 wrote:It would become a case for changing managers if Unai keeps putting up stupid midfield combinations leaving better players on the bench or out of the team and get losing perfectly winnable games.
If he thinks a West Ham 3-pointer is less valuable than a Chelsea 3-pointer, he should be coaching somewhere else.
Can't imagine keeping Torreira, Ramsey on the bench, and playing garbage Xakha and headless chicken Guendonzi in their place.

Emery thinks the opposite watch his pre game interviews.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club