The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10) ~ Hero, Icon, Legend

Postby Ach » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:Beyond bored of this now, half hope we sell him myself jus so this thread can fuckin end
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:20 pm

Ach wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Santi wrote:Beyond bored of this now, half hope we sell him myself jus so this thread can fuckin end
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:22 pm

Pudpop wrote:
Ach wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Rockape » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:06 pm

Sims wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Ach wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Rockape wrote:
Sims wrote:
Pudpop wrote:
Ach wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mustafi wrote:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:43 pm

We have a consensus.

Maybe there's hope for Brexit yet?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 am

How’d that high intensity pressing without Ozil work out against City, fellas?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:07 am

swipe right wrote:How’d that high intensity pressing without Ozil work out against City, fellas?

Can we ban this guy.

This is all he offers WUM'ing and Trolling.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:How’d that high intensity pressing without Ozil work out against City, fellas?

Can we ban this guy.

We have one of the worlds best creative players on 350k a week sitting on our bench. While the muppet manager starts seven defenders. Net result the only shot we register is a header from a f***ing defender of a corner. Are we Stoke?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 am

facts
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:54 am

Every body is entitled their opinion. After all it's been a disappointing and chastising weekend for all of us. Difficult to imagine how our Giant Arsenal has become an easy meat for the taking.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:58 am

I have no problem with Emery losing games against quality opposition. Let’s be honest we are in no position to challenge City. But his small time thinking is scary. When Klopp didn’t have the balanced squad he had today he used his squad to go out and attack. The message was clear, when I get some decent defender I’m going to put all of you to the sword. This guy on the other hand is hiding behind packing the team with mediocre defensive players and counting on grinding out a result. It’s not working and boring us to tears.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:55 am

swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Can we ban this guy.

We have one of the worlds best creative players on 350k a week sitting on our bench. While the muppet manager starts seven defenders. Net result the only shot we register is a header from a f***ing defender of a corner. Are we Stoke?

............. and if he played him and we lost he would of been torn to shreds with people saying he didn't help enough in defence.

Emery went defensive / counter / high press 4-2-4 today and for that game plan I think he had the right players and it worked for 35mins.

We went 4-3-3 in the 2nd half and it made no difference tbf.

Either way is a gamble, City are better than us, even if we play our full first 11 so this other stuff is just nit picking, Liverpool lost to them just the other week, do you honestly think Ozil would of = a win.

I'm more than highly doubtful, we as a squad aren't good enough yet to topple City.

But its this sort of WUM'ing comments your doing that turns this thread into a sh*t show, you dig out the haters and next week if Ozil plays and we lose (even if its not his fault) they'll be in here returning the favour in kind.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:24 am

Worked for 35 mins? We conceded in the first minute and were chasing the game for the next 89 minutes.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am

We played a flat 4 4 2. That wasn't a 4 2 4. We hardly pressed them. There were plenty of moments where we stood off them even when we were deep in our own half. You can see that from some of the goals we conceded.

This Ozil debate is getting old and I've been very critical of the player but Emery is making a rod for his own back. There is no justification for benching Ozil other than a fall out with the manager. There were no tactical reasons as to why he couldn't start Ozil.

When both of your top strikers finish the game with 0 attempts on target, 1 blocked shot for Aubameyang, 0 from Lacazette... we've got something something wrong tactically because shots weren't flying from other areas either. Lacazette was dropping deep try and play between the lines in order to create opportunities. Emery won't last long in this job. He'll end losing the dressing room, support from the fans and eventually the Board. Heck, the fact that they haven't backed him in the transfer window could be a sign.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club