The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby gooney » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:53 am

Arteta is making the same mistakes Emery is doing. Alienating his best flair player and watch his team keep performing bad and losing. When you need a goal or create chance he choses to put on willock instead of Ozil is an insult imo. Ozil probably laughing thinking i will outlast this fool as well
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:14 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:Huh? Isn’t this exactly what you people railed on Wenger for? Craft vs. graft? Now you miss the days of managers having full authority and stamping their personalities on the club? You’ll destroyed what we had for this new model and now seem to realize it doesn’t work. Too late.

Urhhm no.

We're not saying to have a team full of Ozil's, we're saying your allowed one or two Ozil's if you have the grafters around them but our new managers don't appreciate or know how to handle flair players.

Its about roles and its about the fact that previous managers had the power to pick and buy players to fit a certain role they needed and to support the other roles they had in the team.

We didn't demand that Wenger's replacement be a certified "Yes man" with curtailed power, that was the clubs decision because football has moved that way.

You’ll wanted a director of football because one man had too much power. It wasn’t that long ago that we have all forgotten. This is what Wenger was always against. Which is bringing in multiple people to run the football operations and ultimately he fell on his sword for it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 am

gooney wrote:Arteta is making the same mistakes Emery is doing. Alienating his best flair player and watch his team keep performing bad and losing. When you need a goal or create chance he choses to put on willock instead of Ozil is an insult imo. Ozil probably laughing thinking i will outlast this fool as well

He’s trying to discipline ozil and it isn’t going to work. Ozil is sitting pretty on his huge wage and couldn’t give two shits whether he plays or not.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerz » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 am

Angelito wrote:
StockGooner wrote:I think Ang, you were possibly a bit unfair saying Eddie won't make it, but I agree on the Willock point. I don't mind Willock but he was never going to amount to much on Wednesday. That game needed either grabbing by the cojones which I don't think Willock would, but I don't think Ozil would either or it needed someone who would be able to slow the game down.

What Ozil would give you is that composure on the ball and that through ball that Auba was going for and so was Eddie with City's high line.

Is that worth £350k p/week? No. Is that Ozil's fault? No. And people here need to stop acting like it is.

In today's football climate, Xavi, Ozil, Iniesta, Riquelme, Pirlo, Pires, Zidane, etc. would be overlooked for someone like Charlie Adam. Is that right?

Sometimes, let these languid geniuses rise. Training is to prepare. It's not the end-all and be-all of football.

Stop it. Get the wimp (Ozil) out of that group.
Those players dominated games. Were never wimps like our £350,000 a week resident.
Those players were actual men. They never hid. They had charactor. They made their teammates better. Were the characters that their teammates looked to for inspiration when the going got tough etc.
A so called world class ozil that needs the right temperature, right settings, right system, right grass length, right players, right manager, right stadium atmosphere, needs the stars to align etc in order for him to give us a 6/10 performance once in a while.

Ozil is just being exposed for what he really is by nearly every manager.
Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Wenger struggled with him throughout.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.
His best mate (Arteta) is also following the same path by dropping him and projecting the same sentiment as his predecessors.

A more honest person would just accept the trend and be honest with themselves.
Ozil has been a complete joke of a signing for our club. A very fraud flawed player that cares more about himself and social media vanity projects / (PR) geared towards you his very loyal / vocal cult followers.

There comes a time when we as individuals have to take personal responsibility. Ozil still refuses to do so, hence why his recent exits from Madrid and Germany were not that pleasant. He is going the same route with Arsenal. It’s also going to be an unpleasant exit for him here.

He is always forced or pushed out because he lacks character on the field.

That says a lot on his personality and character.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:44 am

Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:
StockGooner wrote:I think Ang, you were possibly a bit unfair saying Eddie won't make it, but I agree on the Willock point. I don't mind Willock but he was never going to amount to much on Wednesday. That game needed either grabbing by the cojones which I don't think Willock would, but I don't think Ozil would either or it needed someone who would be able to slow the game down.

What Ozil would give you is that composure on the ball and that through ball that Auba was going for and so was Eddie with City's high line.

Is that worth £350k p/week? No. Is that Ozil's fault? No. And people here need to stop acting like it is.

In today's football climate, Xavi, Ozil, Iniesta, Riquelme, Pirlo, Pires, Zidane, etc. would be overlooked for someone like Charlie Adam. Is that right?

Sometimes, let these languid geniuses rise. Training is to prepare. It's not the end-all and be-all of football.

Those players dominated games. Were never wimps like our £350,000 a week resident.
Those players were actual men. They never hid. They had charactor. They made their teammates better. Were the characters that their teammates looked to for inspiration when the going got tough etc.
A so called world class ozil that needs the right temperature, right settings, right system, right grass length, right players, right manager, right stadium atmosphere, needs the stars to align etc in order for him to give us a 6/10 performance once in a while.

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.
His best mate (Arteta) is also following the same path by dropping him and projecting the same sentiment as his predecessors.

Ozil has been a complete joke of a signing for our club. A very fraud flawed player that cares more about himself and social media vanity projects / (PR) geared towards you his very loyal / vocal cult followers.

There comes a time when we as individuals have to take personal responsibility. Ozil still refuses to do so, hence why his recent exits from Madrid and Germany were not that pleasant. He is going the same route with Arsenal. It’s also going to be an unpleasant exit for him here.

What you say is right, he looks after himself his big fat wage packet and doesn't give a fook about anything else. We will never offload this limpet, who in their right mind would pay this pussy the same money to do fook all.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby gooney » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 am

Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

doesnt change the fact when you need a goal in a game you are drawing. he is more likely to create something than Willock. So he should still have come on. If arteta is gonna lose every game and not use him, he is gonna look stupid. But at some point the club has to make decision. End of this season pay his last year off and just move on. But I think he has become a great excuse to have and shield criticism from others and the club dont mind using him as scapegoat. To say Ozil wasnt good enough to make a 20 man squad vs City due to tactical reason is bullsh1t and we all know that
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 am

gooney wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

doesnt change the fact when you need a goal in a game you are drawing. he is more likely to create something than Willock. So he should still have come on. If arteta is gonna lose every game and not use him, he is gonna look stupid. But at some point the club has to make decision. End of this season pay his last year off and just move on. But I think he has become a great excuse to have and shield criticism from others and the club dont mind using him as scapegoat. To say Ozil wasnt good enough to make a 20 man squad vs City due to tactical reason is bullsh1t and we all know that

True, however, the sad thing is you don't know what Ozil will turn up when he is in strolling mode we play with ten men, and lets face it we struggle with 11.
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:03 am

Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

Thanks for the deluded rant

Snapping back to reality:
- World Cup winner with Germany
- Player of the Year for Germany (oh, whilst he was playing under Wenger at Arsenal, by the way)
- 3 * FA Cup winner with Arsenal
- Broke the all-time premier league record for getting to 50 assists in the PL, breaking Cantona's record
- In his 184 league games for Arsenal, even including the last 18 months of slower productivity, he has on average created a big chance for a
teammate to score twice in every 3 games. (for reference, as you clearly know very little about football, that's right up there in the top players in the
PL all time - better than Cesc Fabregas for example - oh guess what, he's scored more per game than Fabregas too)
- 2nd only to Messi in assists over the last 10 years in the European leagues
- We've lost just 39 of the 184 league games he has played in.
- Spanish League Champion with Real Madrid
- Spanish Cup winner with Real Madrid
- German Cup winner with Werder Bremen
- European Under 21 Champion with Germany
- German under 19 League Champion with Shalke

Hope that helps.
He's easily our best player since he joined.

It's one thing to be upset about his wages vs the last 18 months productivity, but to denigrate his entire career shows that you are a tool.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 am

lmao
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:59 pm

gooney wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

Stop talking common sense man !!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Nuggets wrote:True, however, the sad thing is you don't know what Ozil will turn up when he is in strolling mode we play with ten men, and lets face it we struggle with 11.

What is this strolling mode you are talking about ? Ozil has not changed his style of football since we first saw him.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

Thanks for the deluded rant

Snapping back to reality:
- World Cup winner with Germany
- Player of the Year for Germany (oh, whilst he was playing under Wenger at Arsenal, by the way)
- 3 * FA Cup winner with Arsenal
- Broke the all-time premier league record for getting to 50 assists in the PL, breaking Cantona's record
- In his 184 league games for Arsenal, even including the last 18 months of slower productivity, he has on average created a big chance for a
teammate to score twice in every 3 games. (for reference, as you clearly know very little about football, that's right up there in the top players in the
PL all time - better than Cesc Fabregas for example - oh guess what, he's scored more per game than Fabregas too)
- 2nd only to Messi in assists over the last 10 years in the European leagues
- We've lost just 39 of the 184 league games he has played in.
- Spanish League Champion with Real Madrid
- Spanish Cup winner with Real Madrid
- German Cup winner with Werder Bremen
- European Under 21 Champion with Germany
- German under 19 League Champion with Shalke

Hope that helps.
He's easily our best player since he joined.

It's one thing to be upset about his wages vs the last 18 months productivity, but to denigrate his entire career shows that you are a tool.

Aye :clap:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Dejan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Santi wrote:lmao
Lmao

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:38 pm

gooney wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Again. Madrid got rid.
Germany got rid.
Emery dropped him.
Ljumberg dropped him.

Lol.
Ozil has an amazing 2 assists in more than 2 seasons.
He had one good fluke half season where he hit above 10 assists in the EPL.
He has never gotten double figures in assists ever since his fluke 2015/16 season.
He normally averages about 8 assists per season.

This made up notion that ozil is more likely to create a goal when needed is what I label as wishful thinking from you his cultists.

The guy hardly ever gets a 7 in player rating in the majority of matches he plays. He is always getting 1 to 6.
I have never seen zidane, Pirlo, Pires, Iniesta etc get a 2/10 rating in any game. But with Ozil it is a norm for him to get 3/10 rating multiple times each season.

How can any sane person even compare those leaders men to a very wimpy, lazy and weak character like Ozil?

He guy has had chance after chance since he joined Arsenal. Under wenger he just did not have to try. Wenger was a ozil fanboy himself. No shame in that.

Ozil got chance after chance under Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta. But his performances remain below par. He will have 1 or 2 good games a season and that is about that. Imagine Zidane, Riquelme, Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta etc only giving 1 good game per season like our excuses galore resident embezzling £350,000 a week.
Smh
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:23 pm

2019/20: 1449 PL minutes, 3 G+A ~ 8hrs per contribution
2018/19: 1741 PL minutes, 7 G+A ~ 4 hrs per contribution

Every player has had to adjust their playing style or position in some way due to new managers, tactics and injuries. They've all adapted, to various degrees.

Ozil isn't exempted from that because he bagged 1G 1A in a World Cup 6 years ago.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club