The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:If you could read properly, you would see I made several points, more than just saying your argument is shit, which it still is, and I provided other stats. More than just the past two years to two specific players. Actually showing you how good he is compared to so called world class MF's from Madrid. Next subject!!

You’ve paid zero attention to the original point of my argument. I’ve read the Messi/Fulham scenario…that’s genius. That take long to flush out?

You gave the stats on Ozil’s overall Arsenal career compared to rival players that pays zero attention to what I’ve said specifically about the Arsenal strikers Ozil has played with….. Auba, Laca and Giroud. Maybe it’s best when find a new subject.

It's because your argument or point, whatever it was is stupid. You said you don't understand why he don't flourish for only assisting to two of our players. Who the f**k cares! He flourishes when he plays on a consistent basis and when others are playing well too. But when the whole team doesn't play well and Ozil doesn't either, it's people on this forum that only point to him. Plus, those 3 have just now been together for a full season. And you're basing your retarded argument off of one season, half of which Ozil hasn't played much in, and also under a new manager and new system where the whole team isn't playing well. So again, find a new argument, or at least one that is relevant.

If you don't care, why are you upset and responding. Carry on with your day, dude. Stay out of the conversation or make yourself useful and drag up the stats on Giroud and Ozil's partnership.

I don't care about your point, but I care about people who make shit arguments and points. Just trying to make the world a better place homie. You're welcome! :arsenal3:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Tbh people say he has the most stats out of anyone since he came in the PL, it's a bit selective though seeing as some players came later.

Pogba, De bruyne, Salah, sane have more assists in the same time period as ozil since joining the PL.

Fabregas has 1 less assist, he played deeper and hasn't been a starter for 2 and a half years.

Just taking a look eriksen has actually overtaken ozil with more assists and they joined the same time.

All them players have more in their locker to, ozil outside of assists doesn't do a whole heap.

Bar fabregas who was a DM and not played for two and half years they all have more goals to.

He isn't producing enough for 350k, the reality is he is still living off the back of 15/16 ATM.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:53 pm

theHotHead wrote:As shit as Ozil has been thus far this season I am at a loss as to how anyone cannot see that Ozil would automatically be better in a team like City that boss possession and have a far stronger midfield than ours. At a loss. You people are crackers.

Ryan Fraser has 9 assists for B'mouth this season, is that because he's playing for a top class team? surrounded by a world class midfield? or just maybe is it because this season he's playing better than Ozil?

You keep saying Ozil would do better at City whilst ignoring the fact there's not a cat in hell's chance of Pep every playing him, Pep demands his midfield players work their bollocks off pressing and defending ... yet we all know that Ozil couldn't press a grape

Your whole City argument is just smoke and mirrors, all that matters are the facts and they state that this season 981 minutes 3 goals, 1 assist. So forget about Man City those numbers would only just get you a game at Huddersfield
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:57 pm

The only person that knows whether or not if Ozil would get into City's side is Pep. Why even argue it?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:01 pm

At arsenal we will look to ozil to get on the ball, at city with everyone being so good that might not be the case.

It's a bit like Sanchez switching from Barcelona to us, inferior team but he floruished being the guy.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:There is more to football than just assisting or scoring, so many forget that. Plus, we have other players on the team to assist to, why just focus on two players? He does way more for us in attack than just assist. Stop concentrating on just stats, actually watch the guy play and see how he controls things, and can turn and beat a player in midfield. Something Ramsey can't do consistently enough.

But if you're trying to justify his salary then you'll never be able to. Doesn't mean he isn't needed or isn't great for us.

LOL... Oh dear!

You just said he'd flourish in that area if he played and wasn't on the bench. I've given out the stats for that now you want to talk about something else despite involving yourself in a conversation based around assist stats. If you'd have started your response with this sort of post then fair enough. This looks like an attempt to now switch goal posts.

Should we talk about his chance creation stats instead?

It's not, but it still stands. He has hardly played at all this year and you're complaining about his stats. Hardly seems fair does it? Then you only gives stats that pertain to two players. Just not a very good argument buddy. Not moving goal post, it's just your argument isn't very good.

I bring up Lacazette and Aubameyang only because I originally started out by saying how people keep talking up hypotheticals scenerios when talking of Ozil. This idea that he’d flourish with Man City and better players around him. I’m just recalling when people were doing something similar and said that Giroud wasn’t good for Ozil and that he’d play a lot better with pacey strikers around him. That hasn’t been the case and Giroud might just be his ideal sort of partner.

Well thats a load of old cobblers because with Sanchez Ozil didn't get many Assists for him and he is world class. Sanchez created a lot of his own goals. Ozil needs runners, he needs movement, its why things started off so well with him and Theo, Theo missed loads of the chances Ozil created and Giroud was too static. I agree, given now we have Laca and Auba Ozil should be creating shitloads, but this stop/start season isn't helping.

If you really think a fit Ozil with Auba and Laca upfront wouldn't smash his previous best then, there is nothing I can do to help you. And if you really think a fit and healthy Ozil wouldn't produce even better numbers if he were in the City side, well, all hope is lost.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:As shit as Ozil has been thus far this season I am at a loss as to how anyone cannot see that Ozil would automatically be better in a team like City that boss possession and have a far stronger midfield than ours. At a loss. You people are crackers.

Again, hypothetical and fantasy football stuff that can’t be proven. What can we prove? How do we get the best out of him at Arsenal because he’s not leaving any time soon.

Hypothetical ? Its common sense FFS.

Would a proven world class attacking midfielder produce better creative numbers playing for the best team in the Premier League than playing for a team a few levels below?

Ooooh ... thats a tough one, we can't prove it, all the data points toward him being shit in a team with better players. :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:There is more to football than just assisting or scoring, so many forget that. Plus, we have other players on the team to assist to, why just focus on two players? He does way more for us in attack than just assist. Stop concentrating on just stats, actually watch the guy play and see how he controls things, and can turn and beat a player in midfield. Something Ramsey can't do consistently enough.

But if you're trying to justify his salary then you'll never be able to. Doesn't mean he isn't needed or isn't great for us.

LOL... Oh dear!

You just said he'd flourish in that area if he played and wasn't on the bench. I've given out the stats for that now you want to talk about something else despite involving yourself in a conversation based around assist stats. If you'd have started your response with this sort of post then fair enough. This looks like an attempt to now switch goal posts.

Should we talk about his chance creation stats instead?

It's not, but it still stands. He has hardly played at all this year and you're complaining about his stats. Hardly seems fair does it? Then you only gives stats that pertain to two players. Just not a very good argument buddy. Not moving goal post, it's just your argument isn't very good.

I bring up Lacazette and Aubameyang only because I originally started out by saying how people keep talking up hypotheticals scenerios when talking of Ozil. This idea that he’d flourish with Man City and better players around him. I’m just recalling when people were doing something similar and said that Giroud wasn’t good for Ozil and that he’d play a lot better with pacey strikers around him. That hasn’t been the case and Giroud might just be his ideal sort of partner.

Well thats a load of old cobblers because with Sanchez Ozil didn't get many Assists for him and he is world class. Sanchez created a lot of his own goals. Ozil needs runners, he needs movement, its why things started off so well with him and Theo, Theo missed loads of the chances Ozil created and Giroud was too static. I agree, given now we have Laca and Auba Ozil should be creating shitloads, but this stop/start season isn't helping.

If you really think a fit Ozil with Auba and Laca upfront wouldn't smash his previous best then, there is nothing I can do to help you. And if you really think a fit and healthy Ozil wouldn't produce even better numbers if he were in the City side, well, all hope is lost.

I need to see it on the pitch and I'm not interested in debating what he might do with other teams. So far, he's produced his best form with Giroud. The slow static striker. That's unexpected. I thought pace and movement was the answer too. Maybe the answer is to get a better and more clinical version of Giroud because he hasn't really formed a great partnership with any other Arsenal striker. That includes Sanchez, Welbeck and Walcott as well as the more clinical Lacazette and Aubameyang.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:14 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
StLGooner wrote:If you could read properly, you would see I made several points, more than just saying your argument is shit, which it still is, and I provided other stats. More than just the past two years to two specific players. Actually showing you how good he is compared to so called world class MF's from Madrid. Next subject!!

You’ve paid zero attention to the original point of my argument. I’ve read the Messi/Fulham scenario…that’s genius. That take long to flush out?

You gave the stats on Ozil’s overall Arsenal career compared to rival players that pays zero attention to what I’ve said specifically about the Arsenal strikers Ozil has played with….. Auba, Laca and Giroud. Maybe it’s best when find a new subject.

It's because your argument or point, whatever it was is stupid. You said you don't understand why he don't flourish for only assisting to two of our players. Who the f**k cares! He flourishes when he plays on a consistent basis and when others are playing well too. But when the whole team doesn't play well and Ozil doesn't either, it's people on this forum that only point to him. Plus, those 3 have just now been together for a full season. And you're basing your retarded argument off of one season, half of which Ozil hasn't played much in, and also under a new manager and new system where the whole team isn't playing well. So again, find a new argument, or at least one that is relevant.

RIP - Power n Glory ....
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm

theHotHead wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

RIP - Power n Glory ....

RIP... Never. You just agreed with my Auba and Laca point.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
He isn't producing enough for 350k, the reality is he is still living off the back of 15/16 ATM.

I agree with that, but at the same time, there are probably only 3 players on the planet that could produce enough to live up to that salary. We need more from Ozil, but we also need more from about every other player in our squad right now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Again, hypothetical and fantasy football stuff that can’t be proven. What can we prove? How do we get the best out of him at Arsenal because he’s not leaving any time soon.

Hypothetical ? Its common sense FFS.

Would a proven world class attacking midfielder produce better creative numbers playing for the best team in the Premier League than playing for a team a few levels below?

Ooooh ... thats a tough one, we can't prove it, all the data points toward him being shit in a team with better players. :rofll:

I missed this one.

The question you need to ask yourself is why he isn't playing at a higher standard when Lacazette and Aubameyang are way better than strikers than what he's previously worked with at Arsenal. When we had Giroud here, we all dreamed of what could be with a better striker and now we have two.

Ozil has made over 40 appearances with Lacazette. Only 4 assists from Ozil.
Over 20 appearances with Aubameyang - 2 assists.

On current form he wouldn't be playing for Pep's team so I wouldn't assume he'd hit the ground running with another team when he's been under par for us and Germany.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Yago » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:00 pm

complaining we aren't bossing possession enough to have ozil be effective? lol, that's why Ozil is in the team, he's the one that should be bossing possession for us
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 pm

Takes more than one player to boss possession homie
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 pm

I remember when people were laughing at Yaya over the cake incident. 275k pw and he's bitching about no cake???

Well, that's a full 22% less than Ozil, and unlike him, Yaya can actually make the case that his 20 PL goals in 13/14 got City over the line.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club