The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm

LMAO wrote:
indy23 wrote:
gooney wrote:All I know is people constantly use stats to justify how good he is. I never see people use stats for KDB or David Silva. And even when he had 6 months left in his contract no big club came in for him and wanted to sign him. Imagine a world class player has 6 months left on his deal and isnt signing....big clubs would come in for him

Here's a stat 3 epl trophies for Silva 0 for ozil

TIL league trophies aren't a team effort.

But if you wanna go that route: Ozil has 1 La Liga trophy, Silva has 0.

Was about to say the same.

That was the most useless stat ever.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 pm

indy23 wrote:
gooney wrote:All I know is people constantly use stats to justify how good he is. I never see people use stats for KDB or David Silva. And even when he had 6 months left in his contract no big club came in for him and wanted to sign him. Imagine a world class player has 6 months left on his deal and isnt signing....big clubs would come in for him

Indy I am disappointed in you with this post, terrible post, come on, you are better than that.

Just for shits and giggles:

David Silva - 8 major trophies at club level, 3 major trophies at national level. 125 appearances for Spain - 35 goals (0.28 goals per game), 4 major individual accolades.

Mesut Ozil - 7 major trophies at club level, 1 major trophy at national level (2 if you include the U21 Euro champs). 92 appearances for Germany - 23 goals (0.25 goals per game), 18 major individual accolades.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:
indy23 wrote:

Indy I am disappointed in you with this post, terrible post, come on, you are better than that.

David Silva - 8 major trophies at club level, 3 major trophies at national level. 125 appearances for Spain - 35 goals (0.28 goals per game), 4 major individual accolades.

Mesut Ozil - 7 major trophies at club level, 1 major trophy at national level (2 if you include the U21 Euro champs). 92 appearances for Germany - 23 goals (0.25 goals per game), 18 major individual accolades.

So Silva has won more trophies but Ozil has won more Arsenal player of the month awards and Germany player of the year award votes spammed by bored online Gooners
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby indy23 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:58 pm

Hahaahahaha this is awesome. So this is how Andrew does it
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 pm

theHotHead wrote:I proved that people be talking some rubbish about Ozil's FULL League career at Arsenal thus far.

That's fair enough, you'd have to be a complete idiot not to recognise that Ozil was one of the finest creative players ever to play the game, the haters are crazy if they can't see that. However the key word is was, right now on current form he'd struggle to get a start at any of the top 50 clubs in Europe.

If Ozil is staying he needs to buckle down and play the way Emery wants ... club before player.
Last edited by EliteKiller on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:05 am

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:He doesn't need to come back and produce.

He's produced enough.

#MostAssistsSinceHe'sBeenInThePrem
#DroughtKiller
#WorldCup
#MostChancesCreated
#SecondMostAssistsInThePremInASingleSeason

He's a Champion player. He's our Ozil. Even if he goes, he will remain an Arsenal Icon. :arse flag.gif:

Stats to prove the first? The World Cup wasn't at Arsenal, it was for Germany.

Awww. Back to trolling again because the troll is too bored to check facts. Of course, #DumbOzilHater

Great reply. Ask for stats and get insults. :lol:

Please check facts, James. Your history is against you. You created your own history. :(

Which has what to do with stats?

It's well known by everyone and if you're so intrigued you can dig it out yourselves. A lot has been said about that in the media as well. I can't be bothered to find any stat to prove anything to you.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 am

indy23 wrote:Hahaahahaha this is awesome. So this is how Andrew does it

Hang on a minute - is Legendary Keown the turd previously known as Andrew ???

He can go fold up under his mooma if thats the case - and f**k off.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:30 am

theHotHead wrote:
indy23 wrote:

here is another fact. Every arsenal fan would swap ozil for silva....no city fan would like the swap. Maybe we need to show them your stats :dontknow:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:54 am

gooney wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
indy23 wrote:

here is another fact. Every arsenal fan would swap ozil for silva....no city fan would like the swap. Maybe we need to show them your stats :dontknow:

I don't thnk you have grasped the meaning of the word "fact" chap. I suggest a session in the library or some alternate means of increasing your knowledge cos its shit !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

No he's GA
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Tbh I always rated ozil over silva but the last 2 seasons id certainly make that swap
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:37 am

Put Ozil in that Man City side and what do you think he would do??? Records would be obliterated!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:05 am

We really have to stop dealing in hypotheticals with this Ozil debate. I still can't understand why he isn't getting more assists for Lacazette and Aubameyang. I always thought he'd flourish once we had taken Giroud out of the starting line and put pacey strikers up front.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

theHotHead wrote:Put Ozil in that Man City side and what do you think he would do??? Records would be obliterated!!

Who for? on this seasons form he wouldn't even make their bench:

Aguero - 1258 minutes 10 goals 5 assists
Sane - 1168 minutes 7 goals 7 assists
D Silva - 1256 minutes 6 goals 2 assists
B Silva - 1672 minutes 5 goals 6 assists

Ozil - 981 minutes 3 goals 1 assist

Ozil has played less minutes, scored less goals, and provided less assists than any of MC's creative midfielders, it's not as if City have scored 40 more goals the difference is just 10, that's probably because they have creative midfielders who can also score goals ...

Ozil set records? Five years ago maybe, today not so much ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BS221B » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:10 am

If Cazorla was at same age as Ozil, we wouldnt have given new contract to Ozil.

Cazorla was everything Ozil wish for. He could use both of his legs, could play in all positions from DM/DLP to wide/AM and while doing it, he is not creating any fuss.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club