The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby UFGN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:16 am

Why are people still harping on about this ex-player?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Dubs4Sam » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:34 am

UFGN wrote:Why are people still harping on about this ex-player?

I suspect its because he is effecting our financial situation which is quite poor :dontknow:
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:44 am

Sims wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Sims wrote:hes not gonna shag u mate

If you look at footballers and your thought is to shag them, thats YOUR business, better you keep it to YOURSELF.

sounds like the type of thing a man who wants a piping by big Mesut himself would say imo
Hahaha ffs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Sims wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

If you look at footballers and your thought is to shag them, thats YOUR business, better you keep it to YOURSELF.

sounds like the type of thing a man who wants a piping by big Mesut himself would say imo

You seem to be an expert in it, I know nothing about it. Keep it to yourself like I said. If it is your opinion then you are the expert, you think about it, I don't.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Dejan wrote:
Sims wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Hahaha ffs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

:rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:The Ozil debate will keep on going until he's gone and out of the picture. Despite proving we don't need him in the squad, people still act surprised that he's not picked to start.
Nuggets

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:03 pm

He must have a clause in his contract that says he will not play for the reserves...imagine the foresight of such an agent! :lol:

Are we not in the Paint Cup? Can we not loan him to Dover?
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:Why isn't he sent to the Under 23's if he is not 'fit'.

I suspect he is fit for his age, its just the off the ball shape and his unwillingness to move from attacking transition to defending quick enough or with enough determination for Mikels liking.

He can't be banished because he has been a thorough professional throughout. He still trains with the first-team. It's just that he won't be selected by Arteta.

During this entire saga, Ozil hasn't been unprofessional, violated internal codes of conduct, or bad-mouthed the coach openly. So, the club cannot accuse him of malpractice or unprofessionalism.

It's a sticky situation.

As I've said before, Ozil should voluntarily leave on loan before the end of the window. He still wants to fight for his place here, but the club's stance is clear.

Ozil also has performance-related incentives bumping his wages to £350k a week. It's rumored that his base salary is lower than that figure.

Ozil departing would be the best for both parties. Arsenal can move on without the shadow of Ozil, and Ozil, in return, would still play at a decent level until he retires.

This cold war isn't helping either party, especially Ozil.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:40 pm

I watched the post-match interview yesterday and the first three (!) questions were all about Ozil! It's such a circus. I can't wait until he's gone.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:42 pm

Don't understand what's stopping him from going on a loan? It is not that he'll need to take a pay cut, just a part of his salary will be paid by the the loanee club.
If he really wants to extend his football career beyond '21, he needs to do it. Otherwise it looks like curtains as far as top division football goes, anywhere, really.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:47 pm

ag6789 wrote:Don't understand what's stopping him from going on a loan? It is not that he'll need to take a pay cut, just a part of his salary will be paid by the the loanee club.
If he really wants to extend his football career beyond '21, he needs to do it. Otherwise it looks like curtains as far as top division football goes, anywhere, really.

I think Ozil is likely settled in London, and whenever his agent speaks he talks about seeing out his contract and playing for Arsenal. If he were pushing for a move I'm sure we would be happy to accommodate .
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Probably our only player to get a statue at a rivals ground
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Lol settled in London?

U mean Hadley Wood/Hertfordshire/London Colney in a remote mansion with the odd trip down to regent street for shopping trips and adidas events. None of our players live properly in London. At best the outskirts, Cockfosters etc...

Anyway. Our very public pursuit of Aouar tells you every you need to know about the Ozil situation.

I will reconcile and say this is a very sad ending to his career here and not what anyone had in mind when he first signed with us.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Fkin hell this is tough to watch.

That's worse than a Donald Trump interview when he gets fked off with the question.

I can undertstand him not saying "Ozil is not going to play anymore" because that will backfire massively, Ozil will go on the attack and the press will make a side show out of it.

But I don't like where this is going though, the press are being complete fkin tw*ts here, things like this can tip the clubs momentum like when a big player is going for a transfer, the press just keep making a circus out of it.

Honestly if I were Arteta I'd do a Trump and literally say "'I'm not answering questions on Ozil or players I haven't selected so don't ask or I'll skip your whole question".

Since when do the fkin press get to harrass a manager for who he's picked in his team?? who the fk are they for gods sake, absolute liberty here.

alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:25 pm

well tbh would be nice if someone just cut the bullshit and gave a straight answer, so don't really blame them for asking.

just tell us he's not in mind for selection, no matter how many injuries, how shit the game..he won't be selected because the club has fallen out with him. End the circus, put the issue out there and won't have to deal with anymore questions beyond 2 weeks.

You can tell everyone in the press thought, fine they're just going to use Ozil for the wank games. Little did they know, we're such big swingers we can pay a guy 350k pw to not even play. GOAT club.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club