The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:28 am

immsun wrote:This is what happened time and again yesterday. These were easy passes but yes ignored and passed backwards. Same was done by Torrerira and Dozi. Time and time ozil made these runs and people say hes lazy.

https://i.postimg.cc/XYRHpNwJ/kolasinac1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/N0RNTh4x/kolasinac2.jpg
Kolasianc is left footed. He's closed down closely and Periera is going to easily intercept a pass there. He's actually stationed on his right foot so unless he's going to pass down the line again in which Ozil would of been intercepted by Sonyacu anyway since its not as if he can dribble anymore once he gets it and Sonyacu us right by him.

I love the Ozil fanboys with their own biased views on how everyone is so shit because we didn't give the ball to Ozil yet the truth is How many vertical passes did Ozil give to Laca and Auba from central positions all game? Zero. Which was supposed to be his main job. He plays however he f***ing wants, takes zero risks and his entourage does the rest on social media with stats hiding how ineffective he is.

Do not let me start with screenshots to show how shit Ozil was. Some people hate my essays and your going to get on hell of an essay with screenshots if you start with this.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:30 am

We didn't score. I thought not playing Ozil was the reason we weren't creating or scoring goals? Well that argument is now shown to be BS.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:36 am

Tony_Adams wrote:We didn't score. I thought not playing Ozil was the reason we weren't creating or scoring goals? Well that argument is now shown to be BS.

Ayyy

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Hybrid47 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:39 am

elkanofan wrote:
immsun wrote:This is what happened time and again yesterday. These were easy passes but yes ignored and passed backwards. Same was done by Torrerira and Dozi. Time and time ozil made these runs and people say hes lazy.

Kolasianc is left footed. He's closed down closely and Periera is going to easily intercept a pass there. He's actually stationed on his right foot so unless he's going to pass down the line again in which Ozil would of been intercepted by Sonyacu anyway since its not as if he can dribble anymore once he gets it and Sonyacu us right by him.

I love the Ozil fanboys with their own biased views on how everyone is so shit because we didn't give the ball to Ozil yet the truth is How many vertical passes did Ozil give to Laca and Auba from central positions all game? Zero. Which was supposed to be his main job. He plays however he f***ing wants, takes zero risks and his entourage does the rest on social media with stats hiding how ineffective he is.

Do not let me start with screenshots to show how shit Ozil was. Some people hate my essays and your going to get on hell of an essay with screenshots if you start with this.
elkanofan wrote:

Humour me you've clearly got nothing better to do. And if you think a professional footballer can't play that pass on his weaker foot I seriously doubt any substance to your future posts.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:48 am

Tony_Adams wrote:We didn't score. I thought not playing Ozil was the reason we weren't creating or scoring goals? Well that argument is now shown to be BS.

We have played 7 formations over the last 7 games. They're classing yesterday's formation as a 5-3-2 because our wingbacks weren't getting forward. It's a stretch to pin this one on Ozil. A lot more behind him was going on and it's hard to make sense of.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:51 am

Hybrid47 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

elkanofan wrote:

Humour me you've clearly got nothing better to do. And if you think a professional footballer can't play that pass on his weaker foot I seriously doubt any substance to your future posts.

That is a simple pass to make even on your weaker foot. The players weren't confident and messing up the most basic of passes.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:27 am

Mike Dean wrote:If you are expecting Ozil to be the Ozil of 5 years ago, you are not going to get it. Kind of ridiculous to compare him to Ronaldo and Messi to make a point as well. I think pretty much every player will come short if that is your criteria. They are not in the same class.

OTOH, If you think he should be played full 90 minutes of every match, you are not getting it either.

The two sides, one that will always discredit him no matter what, and the other that will always credit him no matter what, seem to always go to extremes. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Is he worth the money he is getting? Of course not. And Arsenal goofed up here.

So what do you do now?

You need a pragmatic business approach and the question you need to ask is:

How can I get the best return on the money I am paying out one way or the other, while also maximizing the wins to give the team best chance to qualify for CL?

Clearly NOT playing Ozil at all is not the answer because the results this season have shown it. If Arsenal was winning without him, not many would complain or ask for him to be brought back.

This would have been my approach given what Arsenal have right now:

1) Play him more at home.
2) Dont play him or play him in reduced minutes against top teams, especially on the road.
3) Play him more against mid to lower table teams.
4) Limit his minutes to about 60-70 in games he does play.
5) Play him behind Laca, Auba, and Pepe at home against weaker teams.
6) Use him tactically because while he has lost his speed and the ability to break through players, he is still miles ahead tactically and technically compared to most of our players, can still help retain possession, and can help with his footballing IQ on the pitch. The ball moves better in attack with him on the pitch. It always has.

Freezing him completely out like Emery did earlier, does not help the team. You are pretty much freezing your creative player, an extra help, and more importantly getting 0 return for your expenditure.

Playing him full 90 minutes at this stage does not help the team either if he is going to be fatigued by the game is over, or in games he is struggling. You can react to his performance and make tactical switches in the second half if needed.

Emery has not managed his players and has failed tactically the entire season. This does not just apply to Ozil but pretty much the entire squad.

100%, like always.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby immsun » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:28 am

elkanofan wrote:

Lol what?

Thats a pretty easy pass dude. If those passes were made, a cutback or across the goal ozil could have passed creating an attack.

But here kola passed backwards which was pressed by a leicster player and the ball went to CB or goalie.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:37 am

immsun wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Lol what?

Thats a pretty easy pass dude.

Periera is standing right infront of Kolasinac. Literally ready to intercept any Kolasianc pass which goes either side of him. You that biased you cant see that? Ozil was given passes like that out wide and did f**k all in attack when he was on the wing anyway!

Hybrid47 wrote:Humour me you've clearly got nothing better to do. And if you think a professional footballer can't play that pass on his weaker foot

- While closed down by a defender.
- has little space to make a pass.
- Isn't a technically gifted player in the first place.
- Isn't a great passer in the first place.
- Doesn't have a particularity strong weak foot in the first place.

I seriously doubt any substance to your future posts.

and that's supposed to offend me? You offended yourself if anything with that statement.

I can with ease pass with my weaker foot, if i have space and time. But when closed down by a professional defender without much space, its a different story.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 am

If he passes that with his right foot, he's not blocking that. It's easy and doesn't even have to be inch perfect into Ozil's path. Just make the attempt even if it's blocked and play it forward. We were too negative and that's a clear example of killing attacking momentum and going backwards.

Elk...what are you watching? You can't talk so much on the tactical side but be so blind and biased. Kills all credibility for what you write.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 am

Needed 2 Ozils yesterday.

Onento make the runs he did and another to find him

We had no one
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:15 am

Zanatos3 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The usual frauds out in force. Xhaka was not the problem. Ozil is not the problem. The manager is the damn problem

Xhaka is dogshit though

Xhaka is Excrement!, Ozil is Expired, he WAS good, now he's just a good role model, charitable fellow & kind hearted..

They BOTH need to leave, 1 respectfully, 1 dishonorably discharged!

Look a Maddison, Look at Soyuncu

holding on to the past has Arsenal stagnating, 'Gunner no More!'

We not Known for shooting anymore, Know for impotence in front of Goal compared to Every capable opposition.

We need to move on!

3 30yr old Laca Ozil Auba, [Like me!], but all in the opposition half in the 1st& 2nd half, NONE OF THEM Pressing the Defenders Old Chelsea Evans,

nor the rest of them....

Just watching them play football.

No!! Having 2 dogshit managers in succession is the problem. How some of you cannot see that is a mystery.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:21 am

Well that just shows your opinion up for what it is - nonsense.

Ozil CANNOT fix our problems, we have team-wide problems of Emery's making. The system sucks and seemingly the players do not know what they are supposed to be doing.

So if you thought Ozil was going to come in and right the ship, f**k me, not only is that an absurd view to take, its very stupid, don't you think?!!!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 am

elkanofan wrote:

Total bollox and proves you have never played the game, except for maybe in your school playground.

Any player would easily be able to play the ball with the outside of their left foot into the space Ozil is running into and not have the ball intercepted.

Scholar of tactics my ass, stick to knitting.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby immsun » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:29 am

elkanofan wrote:
immsun wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

Lol what?

Thats a pretty easy pass dude.

Periera is standing right infront of Kolasinac. Literally ready to intercept any Kolasianc pass which goes either side of him. You that biased you cant see that? Ozil was given passes like that out wide and did f**k all in attack when he was on the wing anyway!

Hybrid47 wrote:Humour me you've clearly got nothing better to do. And if you think a professional footballer can't play that pass on his weaker foot

- While closed down by a defender.
- has little space to make a pass.
- Isn't a technically gifted player in the first place.
- Isn't a great passer in the first place.
- Doesn't have a particularity strong weak foot in the first place.

I seriously doubt any substance to your future posts.

and that's supposed to offend me? You offended yourself if anything with that statement.

I can with ease pass with my weaker foot, if i have space and time. But when closed down by a professional defender without much space, its a different story.

Lol dude geez. At least put a thought before posting.
immsun
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club