The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:02 am

Just a reminder...
Ozil remains our best player and one of the best players in the league.
He's also one of the hardest working players in our team. Top player. Top professional.

Just wanted to get that out there amongst the deranged Ozil haters dribble.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby VCC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:25 am

jayramfootball wrote:Just a reminder...
He's also one of the hardest working players in our team. Top player. Top professional.

How is he our best player? You are basicly saying he is the first name on the team sheet?
How do you rate him as one of the best players in the league? He has played 3 decent games this season and hardly has an assist with no goals. Our best passer on the weekend was a CB
Hardest working ? He has a history of being too tired to play and not playing due to mystery illnesses?
Maybe his international status suited him more as they play so little, just a suggestion.
He seems to live off his past reputation, I am an Arsenal supporter sorry but apart from one season he has been a disappointment to me.
Class players have a permanent impact and sadly that is no longer Ozil I am giving him the benefit of the doubt there because I have only seen him at Arsenal and for Germany , where it always looks easy to keep the ball turning over in such a well drilled footballing machine.
So have to agree to disagree, if your talking about now at this moment it's a no for me.
And give thought that some of the media coming from the club saying how hard he is working could well be in tying to get him playing in the shop window to get rid?
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:40 am

If that was remotely true we'd be deeply fecked ... luckily everybody who analyses performance disagrees

OPTA have Ozil down in 14th for Arsenal even Xhaka rates higher ... and that's based on actual data not what fanboys might think ... to even pretend that Ozil is anywhere near Auba or Leno (mistakes sure but on the whole excellent) is beyond delusional.

FYI - EPL player ratings 2019/20 Ozil is currently ranked 143rd .... one of the best players in the league ... 143rd is a bit of a stretch
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 am

VCC wrote:

How is he our best player? You are basicly saying he is the first name on the team sheet?
How do you rate him as one of the best players in the league? He has played 3 decent games this season and hardly has an assist with no goals. Our best passer on the weekend was a CB
Hardest working ? He has a history of being too tired to play and not playing due to mystery illnesses?
Maybe his international status suited him more as they play so little, just a suggestion.
He seems to live off his past reputation, I am an Arsenal supporter sorry but apart from one season he has been a disappointment to me.
Class players have a permanent impact and sadly that is no longer Ozil I am giving him the benefit of the doubt there because I have only seen him at Arsenal and for Germany , where it always looks easy to keep the ball turning over in such a well drilled footballing machine.
So have to agree to disagree, if your talking about now at this moment it's a no for me.
And give thought that some of the media coming from the club saying how hard he is working could well be in tying to get him playing in the shop window to get rid?

Again...some have a history of poor takes. This is another one. I'm all for giving Ozil a chance because we're short on options but for goodness sakes.... one of the best player in the league? Our best player? FFS. It's not worth the time.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 am

imagine being a grown man and thinking that getting rid of a player is as easy as saying ‘sack him’ LOOOOOOOOOL

Half the people on here have absolutely no idea how football works
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:53 pm

M8 any of us can walk into Colney tomorrow and give the old Alan sugar to big mes.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Can't believe you came out with that nonsense......bit early for hitting the hard stuff!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Rockape wrote:

Can't believe you came out with that nonsense......bit early for hitting the hard stuff!

Everything Jay says has been proven right over time and he's never been wrong since 2012. By his own accord of course. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:11 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Rockape wrote:

Everything Jay says has been proven right over time and he's never been wrong since 2012. By his own accord of course. :dizzy:
Yep. Should of sold auba and played nketiah. Far better player

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:16 pm

This thread will continue in a cycle of trolling, stat dumps and hot takes until summer 2021.

No one has actually enjoyed watching Ozil play since the 3-1 v Leicester last season. This thread is all we have.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 pm

aniym wrote:No one has actually enjoyed watching Ozil play since the 3-1 v Leicester last season. This thread is all we have.

Or just the whole of Arsenal.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:54 pm

StLGooner wrote:
aniym wrote:No one has actually enjoyed watching Ozil play since the 3-1 v Leicester last season. This thread is all we have.

Nah there have definitely been some great games since

4-2 v Spurs
5-1 v Bmouth (Ozil scored)
2-0 v Napoli
4-2 v Valencia
2-0 v United
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:58 pm

aniym wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Nah there have definitely been some great games since

4-2 v Spurs
5-1 v Bmouth (Ozil scored)
2-0 v Napoli
4-2 v Valencia
2-0 v United

That's not very many over the course of that time though. Which says a lot.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm

aniym wrote:This thread will continue in a cycle of trolling, stat dumps and hot takes until summer 2021.

No one has actually enjoyed watching Ozil play since the 3-1 v Leicester last season. This thread is all we have.

Speak for yourself. Bar the last game I enjoyed watching Ozil play in the games since Arteta joined.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:45 am

Ozil making lots of comments to the press recently, said he had a hard time with Emery but praises Arteta a lot of it due to Arteta's possession style of football which he says benefits him and is more like traditional Arsenal, although that doesn't take a genius to work that out and I've been saying this for yonks.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n=exchange

Arteta takes his Gunners side to face Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday, and Ozil says he's enjoying the new style of play under the Spaniard, from both a personal and team point of view.

“As a playmaker, I need a lot of space," he told the Evening Standard .

"His playing style allows me to get that space and it is so important to be successful.”
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club