The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 am

Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Caught taking photos with the genocidal Turkish leader Erdogan and implicitly supporting his mass state sponsored murders

Oh shit.

Deserves a death penalty.

Well, Erdogan said all the jailed journalists are terrorists and Ozil said nothing to contradict him, instead took pictures.....

Because Ozil is a speaker of the UN, a civil society leader, and a human rights activist. Shit!

LOOOOOL !!!

Ozil can't lead a team of footballers on match day, he has no fight, he is soft as shite ! And people expect him to stand up and be the mouthpiece for something or other ? :BangHead:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Welcome to the era of mock outrage over everything.

Exactly.

GA was the master of mock outrage, this LegendaryKeown bloke has been outed once and for all.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 am

Who is GA?
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Andrew » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 am

Arteta isn't a fan of Ozil .
That's a great sign
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Alexis » Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 am

Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Fri May 18, 2018 5:58 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:I really don’t know if you are trolling, serious or just delusional.
I post with emotions rather than facts? And that coming from someone that gets all emotional because we call out his favourite player.

Please tell you are joking about the C.Ronaldo, Kroos, Suarez, Bale, Vieira etc comparisions to Ozil. Are you seriously being serious or just deluded?
Ozil was gotten rid of, he was surplus to requirements at Madrid, signed Modric and Bale so Ozil, Di maria and Higuain were told that they would only be squad players and have to fight for their places. Higuain left, Di maria stayed to fight for his, Ozil jumped before being pushed because he saw the writing on the wall. Same scenario as when you want to get rid of a girlfriend, you make it obvious that you are done with her.
So you trying to twist Ozil being gotten rid of by Madrid is so funny. And you say you deal in Facts? You remind me of Trump supporters and religious people. Facts would be in front of them but because they are so deeply dug into their little cult they then label it Fake News. Lol
How many clubs were bidding for Ozil when Madrid put him on the Market? Was it Ozil’s decision to push for a move away or it was Madrid that wanted to get rid in the first place? Those other players were leaving Arsenal for bigger / more stronger clubs and it was them pushing for the moves. With Ozil it was the other way around being dropped by Madrid and moving to 4th place Arsenal. Ozil was so hurt that in his prime he was gotten rid of by madrid.

I stated all facts. Ozil averages about 8 assists person. Am i wrong? One season he had 19 assists but for the rest of the 4 season he has gotten about 8 assists on average.

Ain’t Ozil a weak weak player? That is the reason he is in this current Arsenal team. If he was world class then how come he ran his contract down to a few months but not a single big club even enquired about him? Seriouly, imagine Iniesta, Silva, KDB, Modric, Kroos, Hazard, Coutinho etc all in their prime running down their contracts and not a single club coming in for them. Smh. Lol

And please engage me on this “Without Ozil 0 trophies, With Ozil 3 trophies”.
Explain how he was influential in all those 3 finals.
Smh

Firstly you don't know the inner workings of any of the clubs. You say Ozil was surplus to requirements, how do you know Ronaldo was not at Man U ? How do you know that SAF didn't say "£80m for Ronaldo??? You can have him." Similar conversation could have been had about Bale. You don't know the reasons they were sold. Most assume its because the money offered was too good to resist. We spent £42.5m on Ozil, thats not exactly chump change, it is the highest fee paid for a German footballer currently. It was the 5th highest fee transfer in 2013/14, behind the transfers of Gareth Bale, Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao and Neymar. They are ALL forward and at the top of their game when they were sold, Ozil is a midfielder and as we know midfielders do not cost as much as forwards.

That puts it all into context, Real Madrid were offered big money for a player and they could not resist. That's why your argument is dead, its the reason all the other players I mentioned were sold too, money talks, bullshit walks !

No German footballer has been sold for more money than Mesut Ozil. Real Madrid are not stupid.

You are definitely trolling.. I don't believe that you yourself even believe the mental gymnastics you just spewed.. I just don't believe you are serious about what you just regurgitated there.. Wawa weewa... lol smh..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LegendaryKeown » Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 pm

Real Madrid sold Ozil and won the Champions League. Maybe we should give it a try too.
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
LegendaryKeown wrote:Caught taking photos with the genocidal Turkish leader Erdogan and implicitly supporting his mass state sponsored murders

Oh shit.

Deserves a death penalty.

Well, Erdogan said all the jailed journalists are terrorists and Ozil said nothing to contradict him, instead took pictures.....

hmm...i debated mentioning this... imo, a bad move.

it'd be cooler if he tooka pic witha turk coffe house owner... :dontknow:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Fri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:EK, would you say KDB's career goal rate is good, bad or average ?

Considering Ozil over a longer period is 1.5 games per goal worse than KDB its not exactly a chasm is it.

I'd agree ... the KDB love fest is understandable but his goals per game ratio, whilst slightly better than Ozils, is still average at best ... it's the one factor that would stop either of them being in my world best squad ....

its not just how many goals KDB scores, imo..

its WHEN he scores them, and HOW....

when it's needed (CLUTCH) against good opponents, capable of scoring from outside the box with both feet...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 19, 2018 7:08 am

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:I really don’t know if you are trolling, serious or just delusional.
I post with emotions rather than facts? And that coming from someone that gets all emotional because we call out his favourite player.

Please tell you are joking about the C.Ronaldo, Kroos, Suarez, Bale, Vieira etc comparisions to Ozil. Are you seriously being serious or just deluded?
Ozil was gotten rid of, he was surplus to requirements at Madrid, signed Modric and Bale so Ozil, Di maria and Higuain were told that they would only be squad players and have to fight for their places. Higuain left, Di maria stayed to fight for his, Ozil jumped before being pushed because he saw the writing on the wall. Same scenario as when you want to get rid of a girlfriend, you make it obvious that you are done with her.
So you trying to twist Ozil being gotten rid of by Madrid is so funny. And you say you deal in Facts? You remind me of Trump supporters and religious people. Facts would be in front of them but because they are so deeply dug into their little cult they then label it Fake News. Lol
How many clubs were bidding for Ozil when Madrid put him on the Market? Was it Ozil’s decision to push for a move away or it was Madrid that wanted to get rid in the first place? Those other players were leaving Arsenal for bigger / more stronger clubs and it was them pushing for the moves. With Ozil it was the other way around being dropped by Madrid and moving to 4th place Arsenal. Ozil was so hurt that in his prime he was gotten rid of by madrid.

I stated all facts. Ozil averages about 8 assists person. Am i wrong? One season he had 19 assists but for the rest of the 4 season he has gotten about 8 assists on average.

Ain’t Ozil a weak weak player? That is the reason he is in this current Arsenal team. If he was world class then how come he ran his contract down to a few months but not a single big club even enquired about him? Seriouly, imagine Iniesta, Silva, KDB, Modric, Kroos, Hazard, Coutinho etc all in their prime running down their contracts and not a single club coming in for them. Smh. Lol

And please engage me on this “Without Ozil 0 trophies, With Ozil 3 trophies”.
Explain how he was influential in all those 3 finals.
Smh

Firstly you don't know the inner workings of any of the clubs. You say Ozil was surplus to requirements, how do you know Ronaldo was not at Man U ? How do you know that SAF didn't say "£80m for Ronaldo??? You can have him." Similar conversation could have been had about Bale. You don't know the reasons they were sold. Most assume its because the money offered was too good to resist. We spent £42.5m on Ozil, thats not exactly chump change, it is the highest fee paid for a German footballer currently. It was the 5th highest fee transfer in 2013/14, behind the transfers of Gareth Bale, Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao and Neymar. They are ALL forward and at the top of their game when they were sold, Ozil is a midfielder and as we know midfielders do not cost as much as forwards.

That puts it all into context, Real Madrid were offered big money for a player and they could not resist. That's why your argument is dead, its the reason all the other players I mentioned were sold too, money talks, bullshit walks !

No German footballer has been sold for more money than Mesut Ozil. Real Madrid are not stupid.

You are definitely trolling.. I don't believe that you yourself even believe the mental gymnastics you just spewed.. I just don't believe you are serious about what you just regurgitated there.. Wawa weewa... lol smh..

To quote someone else ......

So no counter.

Fair enough. As I said, the link destroys all haters.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 am

They met on the sidelines of an event at a Turkish foundation that helps Turkish students, he explained.

"Are we supposed to be impolite to the president of our families' homeland?" he asked.

"Whatever justified criticism there might be, we decided on a gesture of politeness, out of respect for the office of president and for our Turkish roots."
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Sun May 20, 2018 11:35 am

I see nothing wrong this with. Ozil is Turkish as is Gungodan. Also, they are footballers not political entities. They are here to play football not to transmit Germany's national interests onto other non-interested parties.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Lucky7 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Reports coming out that Emery plans on building the team around Ramsey and Aubameyang.

Given his system at PSG based on a dual cm pivot +DM what would Ozil's role be? Emery does like inverted wingers and Ozil has plenty of experience out wide for Germany.

If the cm pivot is the path forward should we cash out on Ozil to fund this transition or move to the technical winger style of the 07/08 team?
Lucky7
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DialSquaregooner » Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm

very telling when new gaffer does not plan to build our squad round our highest earner and biggest flopper
DialSquaregooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Marsbar100 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm

I think playing a 4-3-3 letting ramsey free is the right move.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club