The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Sims » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Goat season incoming
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Pudpop » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:11 pm

1Özil
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 am

Will never forgive Wenger for not giving Ozil 10, especially after Wilshere was loaned to Bournemouth.

The season can't come soon enough.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am

Sims wrote:Goat season incoming

Honestly, he may take a few games to warm up with the new team and shake off the WC but I also think under Emery and with a settled Mkitarayan and Auba that we will be seeing one of his best seasons for us.

Also players like Torreia and co will mean Ozil's back is covered so he can be free to play his game more.

Glad he got his no10.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:06 am

You can see how happy Ozil is with the 10 on his Insta
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:01 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

Honestly, he may take a few games to warm up with the new team and shake off the WC but I also think under Emery and with a settled Mkitarayan and Auba that we will be seeing one of his best seasons for us.

Also players like Torreia and co will mean Ozil's back is covered so he can be free to play his game more.

Glad he got his no10.

Let’s put a wager on it. It usually always starts off cutie cutie like that nearly each season. “This is the season Ozil will show the haters his might and push on to legendary status”. Then it’s excuses galore there after. Lol
I bet you sometime next season when the same old fair weather Ozil turns up, the same usual suspects will be on here blaming everything and everybody inluding the kitchen sink. Pulling up whatever obscure never heard of Stats from the edges of the Universe, recycling the same old tired excuses like; “But but, this stat and that stat, but but he is recovering from the world cup. But but what did you expect a genius world class player like Ozil to do when surrounded by over the hill free agent players like Litchtsteiner. Cheap bargain average players like Sokratis. Cheap bargain basement unknown nobodies like Torreira. Road runners like Aubameyang. A second rate manager like Unai. An incompetent board. Donkeys like Ramsey, Xhaka. But but Ozil needs another full season or so to get used to wearing and playing in the No10 shirt, & He needs another season or so to get used to the new manager and players. We need new better players and manager. But but you critics know nothing about football. This formation that formation. You British football fans have never come across skillful and talented players like Ozil, you are used to the likes of Henderson, Welbeck, and Stoke FC style of football. The racist German media drained his confidence. blah blah”.
Have I left out any usual excuses? I bet you you will be hearing / reading comments like that sometimes next season. Let the games begin.
Lol :biggrin: :)
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby yadunoe » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:56 am

Goonerz wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Glad he got his no10.

Let’s put a wager on it. It usually always starts off cutie cutie like that nearly each season. “This is the season Ozil will show the haters his might and push on to legendary status”. Then it’s excuses galore there after. Lol
I bet you sometime next season when the same old fair weather Ozil turns up, the same usual suspects will be on here blaming everything and everybody inluding the kitchen sink. Pulling up whatever obscure never heard of Stats from the edges of the Universe, recycling the same old tired excuses like; “But but, this stat and that stat, but but he is recovering from the world cup. But but what did you expect a genius world class player like Ozil to do when surrounded by over the hill free agent players like Litchtsteiner. Cheap bargain average players like Sokratis. Cheap bargain basement unknown nobodies like Torreira. Road runners like Aubameyang. A second rate manager like Unai. An incompetent board. Donkeys like Ramsey, Xhaka. But but Ozil needs another full season or so to get used to wearing and playing in the No10 shirt, & He needs another season or so to get used to the new manager and players. We need new better players and manager. But but you critics know nothing about football. This formation that formation. You British football fans have never come across skillful and talented players like Ozil, you are used to the likes of Henderson, Welbeck, and Stoke FC style of football. The racist German media drained his confidence. blah blah”.
Have I left out any usual excuses? I bet you you will be hearing / reading comments like that sometimes next season. Let the games begin.
Lol :biggrin: :)

if anything emery needs time to get his team right but with most of our team not playing in the world cup or out early emery can do some ill give emery a couple of season to get his team right . one thing i know is ozil is not a 4-3-3 player so hopefully he doesn't do that formation
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:53 am

Imagine Ozil in this set up...

Auba—Laca—Pavon
———-Ozil
—-Torreira—NZonzi
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Pudpop » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:06 am

why would we need pavon if we have the superior mkhitaryan
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 am

Pavon didn't look anything special
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:46 am

Great news.

To think, he didn't have it because Wilshere had it.

Priorities wrong.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 am

Pudpop wrote:why would we need pavon if we have the superior mkhitaryan

We don't have a traditional winger. You need one in a long season. Whether it's Pavon or even Shaqiri, it doesn't matter. Just get a traditional winger plz.

Marsbar100 wrote:Pavon didn't look anything special

Dybala hasn't looked anything special playing for Argentina ever. You wouldn't take him either, I assume?

He's 22. He's worth it. Under Emery, he will improve and the experience of playing for a big club like Arsenal - away from Argentina - will be transformative.

He doesn't look world class like Tevez, Dybala, Aguero, etc. looked when they broke into the scene, but I have no doubt, he has the quality. Argentines do well away from the national team setup. It's sad but it's the truth and I don't blame them.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:10 am

Or you convert Welbeast into a winger. He uses his pace and natural athleticism to make lung busting runs down the right flank leaving full backs crying for their mommies.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Ach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:57 pm

f**k yes