The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:30 pm

In key moments he was to passive
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Chris Sharma » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 pm

I thought he was our best player again (maybe bar Cech) but I remember 2 moments, where he could have been more direct and shelfish as Marsbar stated. Solid game but not as good as the 3 earlier ones.
Normally I trust Arseblog ratings quite well and he got 6,5 which I feel is quite accurate. All other field players got poorer ratings.

btw, I have to agree on many points Goonerz has said about this "new" Özil. Though, why is he being more active and stronger? Maybe he is just physically in really good condition. Or maybe playing Lacazette has helped him a lot. There can be many many reasons, not only his contract talks.
Last edited by Chris Sharma on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Sims » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Chris Sharma wrote:I thought he was our best player again (mayber bar Cech) but I remember 2 moments, where he could have been more active and shelfish as Marsbar stated. Solid game but not as good as the 3 earlier ones.
Normally I trust Arseblog ratings quite well and he got 6,5 which I feel quite is quite accurate. All other field players got poorer ratings.

id say thats the most reasonable summation. a shame ramsey pulled up with a hamstring injury on that final break, wouldve backed him 9/10 to find the right ball from that position, instead he had to fend off about 7 players by himself
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Chris Sharma » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:03 pm

double editing...
Last edited by Chris Sharma on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby Losmeister » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

thanks for the input, ye goons!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:20 pm

He is playing for a new contract, he isn't stupid he knows Alexis is not going to stay under any circumstances, then when you work out the fact we would lose him for free and would have to spend silly money on a fee and wages, plus he and is agent know arsenal and Wenger in particular would be humiliated losing both he and Sanchez for free, they probably think they could easily dupe us into offering him silly money if he plays well.

In all honesty as much as having ozil is better for the squad you have to question his hunger and motivation if he actually wants to stay with this shit heap.

I feel ozil had 5 years here and we haven't got close to the title, getting trounced by Leicester in one year, this with him being a focal point and our 10 for the most part, I want to see a hungrier more selfish team that plays with more speed and directness.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby fredd1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Best player again today but saying that the rest of them were fukin useless so it wasn't too difficult to stand out
fredd1
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Goonerz wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Goonerz wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I don't think that is the widely used general understanding/meaning of a "luxury player"

I know, but have you notice it's only used for players to disparage them? No one calls Hazard a luxury player when Chelsea's winning the league, no one throws that label at KdB, but when the going gets tough like it did in Mou's final season at Chelsea, this label comes out

The old ozil was a luxury player. KDB, Hazard etc are not luxury players. You only become a luxury player if you are just good at one thing. Hazard and KDB are not that. The old “Only creating chances Ozil” is the epitome of a luxury player.

The current Ozil is now in the Hazard, KDB category of a crucial player. This current Ozil is proving that he is better than the old sloth / koala bear ozil.

And Hazard only became a luxury player the season Mou was sacked because he had downed tools, he looked uninterested like the old ozil. But once he rediscovered his old dominant self the label was no more. Any player can become a luxury or liability.

Thats not what a luxury player is, a luxury player isn't a player that is good at only one thing. If a player is only good at tackling then that doesn't make them a luxury player. Messi can't defend for shit, doesn't make him a luxury player. The term is used for offensive players that offer little to nothing in the defensive area and if they are not being creative they contribute zero. But I don't necessarily agree with that because people look at stats and if Ozil doesn't score or get an assist - and he is not tackling back, people complain about him. Not his fault we have some of the most wasteful players in the league playing for us.

Don't get too comfy with this talk of "new" Ozil, thats not Ozil's game, the real Ozil will be back soon and I will be just as happy to see him play for us as I am now. Imagine wanting Ozil to tackle back, what kind of foolishness am I reading !!!

I think you are just in denial. Ozil is proving you wrong right now and don’t have the guts to admit that some of us have been right all a long. If ozil can play like he is doing right now or how he does with Germany then why would you accept the old normal full of excuses ozil?

He is showing that he can do what we his critics have been calling for for seasons. And we will go back to criticising him again if he goes back to the normal “but but he needs Ronaldo or the full Germany team to look good”. If he can play like he has been playing in his recent matches for Arsenal and Germany then why then go back to the koala bear mode again?

And stop it. If Ozil did what Messi or Ronaldo do then no one would ask him for extra input. The problem with that comparison is that Messi is a 40-50 goals a season player on top of getting as many assists, chances created as ozil each season. Messi can be dominant in games most of the time etc.

To me if a midfielder is not a regular goal scorer then they have to do much more in other parts of the game to compensate. Which means being more involved and dominant. Controlling the game etc.

Denial - BOLLOX ! You re just deluded. As if Ozil would change the way he plays for Arsenal. He never did it playing for a much bigger club like Real so why the f**k would he do it for Arsenal.

Deluded like I said.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 pm

So most people seem to be saying he was the best Arsenal player yet he is singled out by the village idiot as usual.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 am

Made the goal

Had the ball, 14 Southampton players ran to him to close him down, leaving Alexis in space who he passed to who then crossed it in for a tap in
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:17 am

Marsbar100 wrote:He is playing for a new contract, he isn't stupid he knows Alexis is not going to stay under any circumstances, then when you work out the fact we would lose him for free and would have to spend silly money on a fee and wages, plus he and is agent know arsenal and Wenger in particular would be humiliated losing both he and Sanchez for free, they probably think they could easily dupe us into offering him silly money if he plays well.

In all honesty as much as having ozil is better for the squad you have to question his hunger and motivation if he actually wants to stay with this shit heap.

I feel ozil had 5 years here and we haven't got close to the title, getting trounced by Leicester in one year, this with him being a focal point and our 10 for the most part, I want to see a hungrier more selfish team that plays with more speed and directness.

:clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Andrew » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:

This.
Ppl don't realise just how vital his position is to our entire game.
How someone can watch yesterday's game and not see how badly we need a more dynamic playmaker is beyond me.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Chris Sharma » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm

What I dont get is that our defense was a chaos yesterday, Alexis lost the ball like over 50 times and still someone singles Özil negatively out of yesterdays game.
Even the worst pundits didnt do that yesterday.

wow
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Chris Sharma wrote:What I dont get is that our defense was a chaos yesterday, Alexis lost the ball like over 50 times and still someone singles Özil negatively out of yesterdays game.
Even the worst pundits didnt do that yesterday.

wow

Ignore him he's an Ozil troll.

His arguments are desperate and unfounded.

Ozil was one of our better players yesterday.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Chris Sharma » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Ignore him he's an Ozil troll.
His arguments are desperate and unfounded.

Have to admit that. Seen many trolls but this....
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club