The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:00 am

GunnerRobert wrote:Demonic Witchcraft lol.

Mate, I seriously fear for his health/well-being.

He was a lunatic BEFORE lockdown, I fear the dark madness has a firm grip of him right now. Couldn't believe what I was reading to be honest.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:04 am

hs6bx wrote:Just had a catch up. Elkanofan, anyim and power n glory - all great posts. Enjoyed reading them. I would also agree that playing a youngster who will operate in a team and do what Arteta and the coaching staff want will at least give us discipline. The foundations will be there. Ozil won’t. He’s already proven he’s not willing. Regardless of how short we are... what crazed person plays Ozil in a 2 in the midfield???

GunnerRobert and Hothead - genuinely what a disgrace to humanity. Hiding behind a keyboard and making judgements based on how much money people earn... on an arsenal forum. I’m always up for a laugh... but what a sad state of affairs.

Santi... did you get jayrams semen off your face?

So you agree with the madman rantings of Elkopubber, about witchcraft and the elite etc???

I am not surprised, how can someone who champions the comments from a racist like Uli Hoeness not support the equally lunatic rantings of a madman like Elkopubber.

And the semen comments are actually par for the course from a defacto d***head like yourself.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:11 am

gamechannel wrote:My head hurts reading all the back and forth.

The anti-Ozil brigade is completely missing the key, oft-repeated point all alleged Ozil fan boys have consistently made: Mesut Ozil is not the player he once was and is absolutely overpaid but that does not mean that he can't play minutes on this team when the likes of Willock and Nelson are getting minutes over him and producing diddly squat. Hes twice the player than those buggers on his worst day. Sure, if the club finds a better replacement for him, by all means, plant his ass firmly on the bench. But since he's not going anywhere and a better replacement is not yet available (unless ESR comes in and hits the ground running), might as well use him. This team lacks creativity and Willock, Cebellos and Nelson are not the answer. So until he's still under contract and won't leave early, put him to use.

Its a simple concept that has time and time again been responded to with hyperbole like he's a cancer, too expensive, diva etc. No one actually makes a proper, fact-backed case for why the likes of Willock and Nelson play over him when he's available.

When you are not filled with hate and bias, when you are not irrational, what you just wrote is clear and obvious to see. Alas those that do not like Ozil are blinded by their hate and cannot see it. It is only when others come in, like yourself, that have to point out the bloody obvious, that there is any hope on a board like this that fairness can/will prevail.

:hail:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:16 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Mike Dean wrote: I think it is clear that the order to not play him since the restart has come from upstairs.

Arteta played him before the shutdown, but does not after coming back.

Did he become a different player during the shutdown?

No.

You're right, he was pretty shit before the shut down, despite being given twelve starts he only scored one and assisted one and was subbed off on nine occasions ... just how long should we keep paying a player who no longer contributes even 25% of what is being paid for?

Arteta gave him enough chances and then rightly moved on ... you need to do the same.

It's very clear that Ozil was given a ridiculous contract, not his fault that's on Wenger/Gazidis, what's equally clear is that nobody on the planet is going to match that contract or even pay 50%, the only offer is 3m a year from Turkey that's just 20% of his ludicrous salary. So taking his own words Ozil is going to prioritise money 'staying until the last day' over playing football 'my playing time might be limited' again that's not his fault a lot of us would do the same thing ... but that is 100% his call, choosing what's good for Ozil over what's best for Arsenal, as an Arsenal fan not an Ozil fan that sucks ... so let's just pay his greedy arse to feck off then we can finally all move on.

Nothing but revisionism and bias.

The prosecution presents Exhibit A m'lud.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:07 am

Mike Dean wrote:That's just your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxFXQ3zQ0M&t=199s

While he was not world class, he was not bad either.

His performances were no where shitty for him to be played for that many games before and then none after, especially given that Joe Willock, who is pretty bad is being played.

Sorry but that's just your bias talking.

Clearly the order to not play him came form upstairs as a retaliation after he refused to take a paycut.

I have always maintained that Ozil does not need to be played every game or even whole 90 minutes. Arsenal can use him in spurts and try to get some value out of their investment.

It's not an opinion it's a statement based on his performance ... twelve starts 1 goal 1 assist ... please explain how as the supposed creative attacking player those numbers can in any way be considered acceptable?

As for refusing to take a pay cut, remember he was alone in the entire squad in doing that - that makes him one hell of a team player. Whatever your reasons are unless they are genuinely life threatening when your entire team decides to stick together you should go along with their decision, like it or not. To go against them over something as crass as money, refusing 310k a week because you want 350k a week? ... for doing that he deserves all the grief he now gets. My guess is that behind the scenes I very much doubt Arteta or his teammates want anything more to do with him, I certainly wouldn't.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:21 am

Lock this crap up again
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:24 am

Make of this what you will -

Arsenal's attacking performance per 90 with and without Mesut Ozil in Premier League games - 2019/20

Without Ozil (20 games) With Ozil (18 games)

Goals scored 1.45 - 1.5
Chances created 6.4 - 5.83
Shots attempted 10.3 - 9.39
Through passes completed 3 - 2.22
Non-dead ball post-shot xG 1.34 - 1.29
Successful attacking actions 26.9 - 25.17

Taken across the season as a whole the differences with him and without him are minimal. Ozil’s presence in the Arsenal team has proven to be pretty much negligible.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby yadunoe » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:26 am

whoever negotiated his contract and let ramsey leave for free need to be fired asap
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby hs6bx » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:52 am

theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:Just had a catch up. Elkanofan, anyim and power n glory - all great posts. Enjoyed reading them. I would also agree that playing a youngster who will operate in a team and do what Arteta and the coaching staff want will at least give us discipline. The foundations will be there. Ozil won’t. He’s already proven he’s not willing. Regardless of how short we are... what crazed person plays Ozil in a 2 in the midfield???

GunnerRobert and Hothead - genuinely what a disgrace to humanity. Hiding behind a keyboard and making judgements based on how much money people earn... on an arsenal forum. I’m always up for a laugh... but what a sad state of affairs.

So you agree with the madman rantings of Elkopubber, about witchcraft and the elite etc???

I am not surprised, how can someone who champions the comments from a racist like Uli Hoeness not support the equally lunatic rantings of a madman like Elkopubber.

And the semen comments are actually par for the course from a defacto d***head like yourself.

I agree with the comments about Ozil, as I said. He isn’t playing because he isn’t doing artetas non-negotiables. Drop the conspiracy.

And my comments about you... I thought that you were a bell end before that comment about money and social classes... but now I seriously think you’re a despicable c***. Wonder if you act like that away from your keyboard you little fairy?
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 am

Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Mike Dean wrote: I think it is clear that the order to not play him since the restart has come from upstairs.

Arteta played him before the shutdown, but does not after coming back.

Did he become a different player during the shutdown?

No.

You're right, he was pretty shit before the shut down, despite being given twelve starts he only scored one and assisted one and was subbed off on nine occasions ... just how long should we keep paying a player who no longer contributes even 25% of what is being paid for?

Arteta gave him enough chances and then rightly moved on ... you need to do the same.

It's very clear that Ozil was given a ridiculous contract, not his fault that's on Wenger/Gazidis, what's equally clear is that nobody on the planet is going to match that contract or even pay 50%, the only offer is 3m a year from Turkey that's just 20% of his ludicrous salary. So taking his own words Ozil is going to prioritise money 'staying until the last day' over playing football 'my playing time might be limited' again that's not his fault a lot of us would do the same thing ... but that is 100% his call, choosing what's good for Ozil over what's best for Arsenal, as an Arsenal fan not an Ozil fan that sucks ... so let's just pay his greedy arse to feck off then we can finally all move on.

That's just your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxFXQ3zQ0M&t=199s

While he was not world class, he was not bad either.

His performances were no where shitty for him to be played for that many games before and then none after, especially given that Joe Willock, who is pretty bad is being played.

Sorry but that's just your bias talking.

Clearly the order to not play him came form upstairs as a retaliation after he refused to take a paycut.

I have always maintained that Ozil does not need to be played every game or even whole 90 minutes. Arsenal can use him in spurts and try to get some value out of their investment.

Love how you can always rely on certain posters to have some brains and a bit of common sense. Shame about your username but class poster :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:37 am

yadunoe wrote:whoever negotiated his contract and let ramsey leave for free need to be fired asap

You mean knighted and given a statue for showing Ramsey exactly what he’s worth, a big fat 0.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:44 am

Imagine if we kept Ramsey as well on insane wages

We’d be super f***ked
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:51 am

Sims wrote:Imagine if we kept Ramsey as well on insane wages

We’d be super f***ked

That would have been a disaster. I never had any confidence he'd do a decent job at Juve. He's a decent player at times, but for his contract size he's way way over paid.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 am

Sims wrote:Imagine if we kept Ramsey as well on insane wages

We’d be super f***ked

Ceballos - Xhaka
Pepe - Laca - Auba
-
Opposition Goalie
-
Ramsey

Ceballos would have to retire mid-season carrying that midfield. :lol:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:02 pm

hs6bx wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

I agree with the comments about Ozil, as I said. He isn’t playing because he isn’t doing artetas non-negotiables. Drop the conspiracy.

And my comments about you... I thought that you were a bell end before that comment about money and social classes... but now I seriously think you’re a despicable c***. Wonder if you act like that away from your keyboard you little fairy?

Hahaha touch a nerve did I, princess :rofll:

Fassyhole!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club