The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby hs6bx » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:45 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
hs6bx wrote:Well guys this is perfect. If Ozil is class and one of the best players in his position then there will be a queue of clubs ready to sign him this transfer window - agreed? If that isn’t the case then what does that say - either your deluded or everyone else in football is missing something that you clearly see.

Ozil has come under criticism from ex players, pundits, managers... it’s not just the fans. And he isn’t a scape goat for the fact that we are an average side in decline either. I’m just highlighting the fact that he’s one of a number of players who desperately need to be slung out the door.

You are arguing without any substance and in the process creating a straw man.
No one is saying Ozil is perfect.
It is also unreasonable to assume that a player in his 30's earning 350k a week is going to get snapped up my anyone unless he is willing to drop his wages significantly.
Neither of those points have any bearing on whether Ozil is a quality player who is better than any other creative midfielder in our squad.

As for pundits having a go at him - yes, even in 2015 when Ozil had the best year for any creative midfielder in history, pundits were calling him lazy. Why would you listen to pundits or ex-managers? They all have varying views on football. Some pundits and managers were also pointing out why the other pundits / managers were wrong. Would you listen to Tony Pullis and have any respect for his views on a top player?
Punditry is a circus and it's designed for clicks and reaction. Stupid fans eat it up and parrot it.

Fact is, up until 2018 Ozil was one of our stand out players, probably the best.
Since then he has been dropped by new managers - that says more about our new managers than Ozil.

I’m not arguing. But if you want to talk about facts then it’s enough to say:
Ozil’s last two seasons return has been terrible. I mean what more substance do you need? You then throw back silly comments about him not getting a consistent run in the team no doubt... Doesn’t seem to be an issue for any city players being rotated week in, week out. David Silva is leaving this summer - surely Pep would want a world class player like Ozil to come in and fill that void!!?

He’s 31 years old. Shall we see if clubs would have an issue paying big wages for David Silva, Vertonghen, Aubamayang if he leaves) this summer? Of course they wouldn’t. Because they all deliver!

The only place Ozil has performed in the last few years is in your head or on Fifa.
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby hs6bx » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Dejan wrote:
hs6bx wrote:Well guys this is perfect. If Ozil is class and one of the best players in his position then there will be a queue of clubs ready to sign him this transfer window - agreed? If that isn’t the case then what does that say - either your deluded or everyone else in football is missing something that you clearly see.

Ozil has come under criticism from ex players, pundits, managers... it’s not just the fans. And he isn’t a scape goat for the fact that we are an average side in decline either. I’m just highlighting the fact that he’s one of a number of players who desperately need to be slung out the door.
Dont bother mate.

Its 2020, a wopping 4 assists this season and last combined and some people still cant realise the fact that ozil has declined very rapid. Its always someone elses fault.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

True that. None of whom can come up with a valid reason to keep him at the club... rose tinted glasses
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:38 pm

hs6bx wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

It is also unreasonable to assume that a player in his 30's earning 350k a week is going to get snapped up my anyone unless he is willing to drop his wages significantly.
Neither of those points have any bearing on whether Ozil is a quality player who is better than any other creative midfielder in our squad.

As for pundits having a go at him - yes, even in 2015 when Ozil had the best year for any creative midfielder in history, pundits were calling him lazy. Why would you listen to pundits or ex-managers? They all have varying views on football. Some pundits and managers were also pointing out why the other pundits / managers were wrong. Would you listen to Tony Pullis and have any respect for his views on a top player?
Punditry is a circus and it's designed for clicks and reaction. Stupid fans eat it up and parrot it.

Fact is, up until 2018 Ozil was one of our stand out players, probably the best.
Since then he has been dropped by new managers - that says more about our new managers than Ozil.

Ozil’s last two seasons return has been terrible. I mean what more substance do you need? You then throw back silly comments about him not getting a consistent run in the team no doubt... Doesn’t seem to be an issue for any city players being rotated week in, week out. David Silva is leaving this summer - surely Pep would want a world class player like Ozil to come in and fill that void!!?

He’s 31 years old. Shall we see if clubs would have an issue paying big wages for David Silva, Vertonghen, Aubamayang if he leaves) this summer? Of course they wouldn’t. Because they all deliver!

The only place Ozil has performed in the last few years is in your head or on Fifa.

Yes, his last 2 seasons have not been good in term of assists or chances created. He's been in and out of the team.
Even then, we look much better when he plays.
If you think that facts are silly comments, then you are correct when you say you are not arguing. You're doing something else.
No one is going to give Silva, Vertonghen or Auba 350k a week either.

You switched from 2 years to 'last few years' in your last sentence. You don't seem to have any consistent argument at all.
Last few seasons - well in 2017/18 he had a good season, so I suspect you needed to say ' a few' instead of 2 to boost your completely irrational argument.

Seems you can;t separate whether he is worth 350k a week with whether he is better than what we have.
If you think Joe Willock, Ceballos , Pepe, AMN, Nelson et al are better options than Ozil, then you are simply nuts.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby hs6bx » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:12 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
hs6bx wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Yes, his last 2 seasons have not been good in term of assists or chances created. He's been in and out of the team.
Even then, we look much better when he plays.
If you think that facts are silly comments, then you are correct when you say you are not arguing. You're doing something else.
No one is going to give Silva, Vertonghen or Auba 350k a week either.

You switched from 2 years to 'last few years' in your last sentence. You don't seem to have any consistent argument at all.
Last few seasons - well in 2017/18 he had a good season, so I suspect you needed to say ' a few' instead of 2 to boost your completely irrational argument.

Seems you can;t separate whether he is worth 350k a week with whether he is better than what we have.
If you think Joe Willock, Ceballos , Pepe, AMN, Nelson et al are better options than Ozil, then you are simply nuts.

Fact - shit two seasons In terms of meaningful return / my opinion - shit few seasons. Hopefully that clarifies.

Is he worth £350k per week? Anyone who says yes to this is should be shipped off to broadmoor.

Is he better than what we have? No. Absolutely not. He’s a waste of space. I’d rather play a young lad who will provide just as shit an influence on games but has a better attitude.

I can only guess from your comments that you’ve never been involved in football and probably just really enthusiastic about it. Fair play... but probs best stick to Football Manager and play Ozil on there. He won’t be getting any more games for arsenal, or any other club of any stature because he’s shite... and everyone seems to see this apart from you.
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 pm

Who is going to spend £350k per week on a contract for Ozil ? Get real, that's the only reason he won't have any suitors, nobody can afford that. The pundits that criticise him are luddites, they criticised him when we signed him because of his style of play and the fact he shows no heart. You think I give a shit about what they have to say about him now ??

I'm glad YOU are not making decisions about the club. I have said it time and time again, if Ozil goes to any club with a decent manager and players he will flourish, that's exactly what we as a club should be aspiring to have. Selling Ozil because we are shit is one thing, thinking Ozil isn't good enough for us or that we are better off without him is a freekin laugh.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:48 pm

hs6bx wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Well now you re getting the point, lets look at your FACTS !!

The last 2 seasons Ozil's stats have been poor, absolutely. Why do you think that is ? f**k it, lets say the last 3 seasons he has been shit, you would get no argument from me about that, but why ? It coincides with one of our greatest ever managers being the shittest he could possibly be, he also eroded the squad's quality. Then in the next season we managed to hire a manager that was more of a dumbass than Wenger. This season has to rank as one of our worst in the Premier League era - coupled with 3 different people managing the club. And you wonder why Ozil has been shit for the past 2 seasons !!!

Ozil has had a succession of fuckwits to play alongside, none of which had the ability to help him do what he needs to do. The last intelligent player Ozil had partner him was Cazorla and it is no coincidence Ozil was at his best during his time with Cazorla.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:55 pm

hs6bx wrote:
Fact - shit two seasons In terms of meaningful return / my opinion - shit few seasons. Hopefully that clarifies.

Is he worth £350k per week? Anyone who says yes to this is should be shipped off to broadmoor.

Is he better than what we have? No. Absolutely not. He’s a waste of space. I’d rather play a young lad who will provide just as shit an influence on games but has a better attitude.

I can only guess from your comments that you’ve never been involved in football and probably just really enthusiastic about it. Fair play... but probs best stick to Football Manager and play Ozil on there. He won’t be getting any more games for arsenal, or any other club of any stature because he’s shite... and everyone seems to see this apart from you.

Possibly the stupidest comment made so far this year in bold.

Nobody has ever said he is even worth half of that. But carry on with your FACTS :lol:

I can only guess from YOUR comments that you THINK because you "may" have had some involvement in football you are some enlightened knowledgeable chap, but your comments about Ozil prove otherwise.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby hs6bx » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Well now you re getting the point, lets look at your FACTS !!

The last 2 seasons Ozil's stats have been poor, absolutely. Why do you think that is ? f**k it, lets say the last 3 seasons he has been shit, you would get no argument from me about that, but why ? It coincides with one of our greatest ever managers being the shittest he could possibly be, he also eroded the squad's quality. Then in the next season we managed to hire a manager that was more of a dumbass than Wenger. This season has to rank as one of our worst in the Premier League era - coupled with 3 different people managing the club. And you wonder why Ozil has been shit for the past 2 seasons !!!

Ozil has had a succession of fuckwits to play alongside, none of which had the ability to help him do what he needs to do. The last intelligent player Ozil had partner him was Cazorla and it is no coincidence Ozil was at his best during his time with Cazorla.

Oh wow. So you’re blaming Ozil being shit on the management changes and players around him!? A player who is only effective in the best teams really isn’t that great a player. During this time we have been shit we’ve also had a lot of top performers - ambitious players who chose to leave the club and win trophies elsewhere because they are winners. Van Persie, Fabregas, Sanchez to name a few. So how come they all managed to perform in poor teams and Ozil can’t of He is such a top player? And since he is so clearly a great player yet not getting a sniff of football why isn’t he desperate to leave? And why aren’t clubs queuing at the door for him - even for a loan deal where we pay half his wages? Please - you or jayram answer these questions for me. My opinion is that he won’t leave because he’s getting an absolute wedge and couldn’t give a f**k if he plays or not. And clubs aren’t queuing up for him (loan or transfer) because he’s not good enough.
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby hs6bx » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:18 pm

theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:

Nobody has ever said he is even worth half of that. But carry on with your FACTS :lol:

I can only guess from YOUR comments that you THINK because you "may" have had some involvement in football you are some enlightened knowledgeable chap, but your comments about Ozil prove otherwise.

You two could give an aspirin a headache. I have always played and been involved in football, which is why it’s so obvious to me from reading your comments that you haven’t. You’re also probably really enthusiastic about arsenal, but get your opinions of players by watching their best clips on YouTube. No doubt you’ll be one of the people saying Saliba will answer all our issues having never seen him play. I think what you two seem to be more passionate about is sitting behind a keyboard and pretending you have a clue what you’re talking about. Pair of idiots
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:28 am

31 year old midfield world class players still playing in top leagues are about as rare as rocking horse shit - Ozil will be 32 in October he's simply no longer able to produce at the same level he did in his twenties - that's not his fault old age catches up with all of us. We want to rebuild the squad so hanging on to a 32 year old is not going to do that. Is he our best creative player? frankly it doesn't matter because with or without him next season we are not a top four side nor are we relegation material, watching him play another season will achieve nothing, we can and we must develop younger players with our future in mind - great, good, average, poor for Ozil that no longer matters, he's part of our history so let's hope he leaves with a shred off dignity.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:29 am

EliteKiller wrote:31 year old midfield world class players still playing in top leagues are about as rare as rocking horse shit - Ozil will be 32 in October he's simply no longer able to produce at the same level he did in his twenties - that's not his fault old age catches up with all of us. We want to rebuild the squad so hanging on to a 32 year old is not going to do that. Is he our best creative player? frankly it doesn't matter because with or without him next season we are not a top four side nor are we relegation material, watching him play another season will achieve nothing, we can and we must develop younger players with our future in mind - great, good, average, poor for Ozil that no longer matters, he's part of our history so let's hope he leaves with a shred off dignity.

He hasn't so far and I don't think he will, as long as he gets his wedge he doesn't care what he leaves behind him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby hs6bx » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:07 am

EliteKiller wrote:31 year old midfield world class players still playing in top leagues are about as rare as rocking horse shit - Ozil will be 32 in October he's simply no longer able to produce at the same level he did in his twenties - that's not his fault old age catches up with all of us. We want to rebuild the squad so hanging on to a 32 year old is not going to do that. Is he our best creative player? frankly it doesn't matter because with or without him next season we are not a top four side nor are we relegation material, watching him play another season will achieve nothing, we can and we must develop younger players with our future in mind - great, good, average, poor for Ozil that no longer matters, he's part of our history so let's hope he leaves with a shred off dignity.

31 / 32 isn’t old for a footballer. So many examples of better players in the Prem playing way past that age. Fernandinho, David Silva, Yaya, Cazorla, Xabi Alonso, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Keane, Ballack, Carrick, Milner, Barry. That’s just off the top of my head and only in the prem. You might not call them all world class (that’s a matter of opinion) But neither is Ozil, nor has he ever been in my opinion. Look further afield - Pirlo, Rakatic, Busquets, Kroos, Modric, Xavi, Iniesta.

I mean Pjanic is 30 and Barca just paid £60m odd for him.
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 am

theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:

He just creates one straw man argument after another and then throws in the always comical 'anyone who says...'., 'anyone who thinks....' lines - as if that somehow adds weight to his nonsensical arguments.
But apparently he's a scout, don't you know... :lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby hs6bx » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:31 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:

He just creates one straw man argument after another and then throws in the always comical 'anyone who says...'., 'anyone who thinks....' lines - as if that somehow adds weight to his nonsensical arguments.

You seem to be obsessed with vindicating this poor straw man. Did he cheat on you?

I can’t quite see where you have created anything compelling to suggest Ozil is a good player. Pulling stats from over 2 years ago that even then aren’t exactly indicative of a good contribution. Then simply saying we play better with him in the team. I mean that’s just an opinion. And an opinion of someone who doesn’t know football. Never played, or been around anyone who knows the game. I would guess just started to ‘support’ a team at a late age so that you could fit in with the boss at work?? Somewhere close to the truth?
hs6bx
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:08 am

hs6bx wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
hs6bx wrote:

You seem to be obsessed with vindicating this poor straw man. Did he cheat on you?

I can’t quite see where you have created anything compelling to suggest Ozil is a good player. Pulling stats from over 2 years ago that even then aren’t exactly indicative of a good contribution. Then simply saying we play better with him in the team. I mean that’s just an opinion. And an opinion of someone who doesn’t know football. Never played, or been around anyone who knows the game. I would guess just started to ‘support’ a team at a late age so that you could fit in with the boss at work?? Somewhere close to the truth?

You're venting fella. It really is quite funny.

I don;t need to create anything to show Ozil is a good player.
He's done that himself
His career is littered with honours and creative midfielder stats that surpass most players in the history of the game.

Are you suggesting that he's not even a good player - like something happened between 2018 and now that made him not a good player anymore??? :lol:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club