The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 am

EliteKiller wrote:
You're an Ozil fanboy we get that - but if you just put Arsenal first for once - by July we will have paid Ozil 18m this season to do bugger all, now that might be on us and it might be on him - you and I don't know nor should we care. The bottom line is as a football club Arsenal should be doing everything it possibly can to save 9m more from being wasted over the next six months - slander, disgrace, take out a hit whatever it takes.

How can you support a player sucking another 9m from our budget if he won't even be here? are you mad?

This is total bullcrap!!! Why should anyone feel sorry for Arsenal?? They f***ked up royally, they created the situation that led to Ozil getting the contract. They created the situation leading to this stand off.

You say Arsenal are paying Ozil for doing bugger all, well if that dipshit prick Arteta didn't alienate Ozil, he would have been registered to play and could've helped Arsenal avoid our worst start to a season in 40 odd years! NEGATIVE GOAL DIFFERENCE BY CHRISTMAS!!

So don't come here with your bullshit argument, this is ALL on the club, they f***ked up and deserve everything they get for being a bunch of deceitful c**** - or have you forgotten the 80 or so staff redundancies.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:43 am

theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:So are we now saying clubs and players can just ignore contracts? When Auba was in the last six months of his contract could he have said I don’t feel like playing for you anymore and gone played for another club? That’s basically what Arsenal are saying to Ozil. They’re saying we won’t pay the last six months of your contract but we’ll go out and hire another player in your position and pay him instead. Good luck convincing a judge of that. And to boot Arsenal PR department sucks for constantly trying to tarnish his name.

That makes no sense at all - have you been on the wacky baccy?

Arsenal are saying - you are under contract until July, if you want to leave we will cancel your contract but don't expect to get paid. Exactly what your boss would say as well.

Ozil is saying - I want to leave but you must pay me even though I won't be here anymore, try that approach at work today.

Either both parties honour the contract or both parties agree to cancel it - it's not that hard to work out.

Arsenal have several players for each position are you saying we should only have an eleven man squad - that's plain ridiculous.

Nonsense. Arsenal wants Ozil gone. That’s why they excluded him from the squad. He has always made himself available. Has never put in a transfer request nor been a co tract rebel. He is signing a new deal with Fener starting summer. His position is if Arsenal want me gone sooner they have to pay off my remaining six months. He’s willing to distribute the payments over two years.

This lies squarely on the clubs door. They willingly signed a new contract with him. Then they fell out of love with him. They said it’s for footballing reasons. And since have been trying to slander him into leaving. It’s disgraceful.

How can his position lie squarely at the club's door? It's his position not the club's.

The club gave him a contract (a ridiculous one) and we will honour it - currently under that contract he stays until July.

Any changes will be squarely with Ozil - he can leave now with no cash, or he can stay and honour his contract - that's his choice and frankly with just six months left it now has bugger all to do with our club, we have not and will not break the existing contract, any changes will be on him.

You're an Ozil fanboy we get that - but if you just put Arsenal first for once - by July we will have paid Ozil 18m this season to do bugger all, now that might be on us and it might be on him - you and I don't know nor should we care. The bottom line is as a football club Arsenal should be doing everything it possibly can to save 9m more from being wasted over the next six months - slander, disgrace, take out a hit whatever it takes.

How can you support a player sucking another 9m from our budget if he won't even be here? are you mad?

EK, this is far far more simple than you and others think.

Ozil has a contract, a legally binding document that states he gets paid X amount for Y length of time.

Arsenal no longer want the burden of paying his huge wages, they want him gone. Ozil is not obliged to leave so Ozil "could" say:

"Pay me all of my wages and, on every Friday for the next 2 years have a white Lamborghini Urus delivered to me, covered in red and white roses - and I will leave".

If Arsenal want him gone, they would have to do what Ozil asks for him to go. If they are unwilling to do so they need to shut the f**k up and honour his contract!

Its that simple.

We all know it's very simple - Arsenal have made it very clear Ozil has no playing future here, therefore he will sit out the next six months - that's as per the contract, he will get paid until 30th June whether he plays or not.

Now if Ozil wants to leave early that's 100% on him he needs to ask to be released from his contract, to ask to be released and yet demand to be paid as well - the club is rightly saying feck off.

No way should we create a precedent where players can walk out six months early on full pay, just watch all the rest follow suit ... why can't you see that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:11 am

EliteKiller wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
swipe right wrote:So are we now saying clubs and players can just ignore contracts? When Auba was in the last six months of his contract could he have said I don’t feel like playing for you anymore and gone played for another club? That’s basically what Arsenal are saying to Ozil. They’re saying we won’t pay the last six months of your contract but we’ll go out and hire another player in your position and pay him instead. Good luck convincing a judge of that. And to boot Arsenal PR department sucks for constantly trying to tarnish his name.

That makes no sense at all - have you been on the wacky baccy?

Arsenal are saying - you are under contract until July, if you want to leave we will cancel your contract but don't expect to get paid. Exactly what your boss would say as well.

Ozil is saying - I want to leave but you must pay me even though I won't be here anymore, try that approach at work today.

Either both parties honour the contract or both parties agree to cancel it - it's not that hard to work out.

Arsenal have several players for each position are you saying we should only have an eleven man squad - that's plain ridiculous.

Nonsense. Arsenal wants Ozil gone. That’s why they excluded him from the squad. He has always made himself available. Has never put in a transfer request nor been a co tract rebel. He is signing a new deal with Fener starting summer. His position is if Arsenal want me gone sooner they have to pay off my remaining six months. He’s willing to distribute the payments over two years.

This lies squarely on the clubs door. They willingly signed a new contract with him. Then they fell out of love with him. They said it’s for footballing reasons. And since have been trying to slander him into leaving. It’s disgraceful.

How can his position lie squarely at the club's door? It's his position not the club's.

The club gave him a contract (a ridiculous one) and we will honour it - currently under that contract he stays until July.

Any changes will be squarely with Ozil - he can leave now with no cash, or he can stay and honour his contract - that's his choice and frankly with just six months left it now has bugger all to do with our club, we have not and will not break the existing contract, any changes will be on him.

EK, this is far far more simple than you and others think.

Ozil has a contract, a legally binding document that states he gets paid X amount for Y length of time.

Arsenal no longer want the burden of paying his huge wages, they want him gone. Ozil is not obliged to leave so Ozil "could" say:

"Pay me all of my wages and, on every Friday for the next 2 years have a white Lamborghini Urus delivered to me, covered in red and white roses - and I will leave".

If Arsenal want him gone, they would have to do what Ozil asks for him to go. If they are unwilling to do so they need to shut the f**k up and honour his contract!

Its that simple.

We all know it's very simple - Arsenal have made it very clear Ozil has no playing future here, therefore he will sit out the next six months - that's as per the contract, he will get paid until 30th June whether he plays or not.

Now if Ozil wants to leave early that's 100% on him he needs to ask to be released from his contract, to ask to be released and yet demand to be paid as well - the club is rightly saying feck off.

No way should we create a precedent where players can walk out six months early on full pay, just watch all the rest follow suit ... why can't you see that?

Dear Willian. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Pepe. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Saliba. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Mavrapanos. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Cedric. We no longer need you. Bye.

Oh look I just freed up tens of millions of dollars. This shit is easy. Honoring contracts is for suckers.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:44 am

swipe right wrote:Dear Willian. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Pepe. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Saliba. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Mavrapanos. We no longer need you. Bye.
Dear Cedric. We no longer need you. Bye.

Oh look I just freed up tens of millions of dollars. This shit is easy. Honoring contracts is for suckers.

It's like talking to a five year old

ARSENAL ARE HONOURING HIS CONTRACT

He will get paid until the 30th June - what bit about that are you not understanding?

If Ozil wants to leave early then Ozil will forfeit any further payment - that's how contracts work.

As for Willian, Pepe, Saliba, Mav and Cedric same thing applies ... if they stay they get paid, if they choose to leave then they don't. Arsenal can't force any player to leave or go on loan, all we can do is put them on gardening leave - it's really not that hard to understand.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 pm

EliteKiller wrote:We all know it's very simple - Arsenal have made it very clear Ozil has no playing future here, therefore he will sit out the next six months - that's as per the contract, he will get paid until 30th June whether he plays or not.

I totally agree with you.

But its not Ozil that wants to leave, its the club that wants him to leave, so the club need to either put up or shut up.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 pm

What hothead said.

Ozil would rather stay here and play for us but they won’t let him, so he’s trying to go but why would he not take his money with him?

You can’t force a player out and then not give him the money you signed up to, that’s not how it works. Double standards from the club if anything.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Priorities. Money, money, money.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm not sure what the hullabaloo is all about.

Fenerbahce want him. They'd like for him to join on loan until the end of the season before he signs up with them.

Ozil is contracted by Arsenal. Fener can't afford his wages. In any loan deal, either the loanee club pays all of the wages, the parent club pays all of the wages, or they split it in half/whatever arrangement best suits both parties.

Fenerbahce have made it clear that they can't afford Ozil's £250k a week. They have allegedly offered Ozil £90k a week after getting some players off their books in the summer.

Now, it's on Arsenal to agree with Fenerbahce. Either Arsenal asks Fener to chip in with £50k a week, with Arsenal paying Ozil £200k until the end of his contract, or Arsenal simply pay all of his wages until the end of his contract, which they have to regardless of Ozil's whereabouts for the next 6 months.

Either way, Arsenal have to pay Ozil his wages. So, why complicate things? Just pay up and let Ozil leave on loan.

This is dumb by Arsenal folks and they're only doubling down on their dumbness.

Frankly, I'm repulsed by this administration—including the manager. The manager may turn out to be world class but his handling of sensitive issues is as subtle as a sledgehammer.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:14 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Priorities. Money, money, money.

He is in his 30s, should he not care about the money?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:39 pm

theHotHead wrote:

What's the priority? Money or playing football?

However this plays out you'll argue in defence of Ozil despite arguing it wasn't about money in the past but whatever.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby KG3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 pm

The Ospina part is laughable Szczesny, Emi, Leno and Cech were all clear, although I suppose he didn’t play with Emi last tbf.

When it comes to the left back it should obviously be Donreal/KT, however I understand it’s his best friend at Arsenal who saved him and his GF life, would look bad if he said anyone else.

The rest of team is spot on I suppose, in terms of the best players he played alongside here.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:07 pm

Ospina was better than Martinez lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:00 am

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

However this plays out you'll argue in defence of Ozil despite arguing it wasn't about money in the past but whatever.

All I do is argue for fairness, I take the fair side, whether it be the player or the club. When Ozil leaves I won't follow Ozil, he will no longer be an Arsenal player.

The problem I have is you and others like you try to attack everything about Ozil - 90% of which is totally unfair and because of that I defend him.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:11 am

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

All I do is argue for fairness, I take the fair side, whether it be the player or the club. When Ozil leaves I won't follow Ozil, he will no longer be an Arsenal player.

The problem I have is you and others like you try to attack everything about Ozil - 90% of which is totally unfair and because of that I defend him.

Money or football is a fair question and I'd ask the same for any player facing this. He's in a situation where he can't have both without a sacrifice somewhere. That's the reality and whatever he chooses shows what the priority is for him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Mike Dean » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 am

Arsenal is not going to be able to get rid of him and his contract easily.

His agent is very shrewd, both in terms of dealings and as a spokesman.

He is going to make Arsenal pay the full amount on the contract one way or the other and will want added incentives if Arsenal want him gone 6 months before the contract expires.

Otherwise he will advise Ozil to simply stay put for 6 more months and collect every single penny. And then he can decide where he wants to go next.

If I had to guess it is going to be in US following footsteps of some other declining players that ended their career here. For him it is an added incentive because of the marketing and business opportunities.

He might probably end up making a lot more here than what he has made at Arsenal. He is still very popular worldwide.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club