The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby MecurialGooner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:28 am

Mesüt wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:No. the problem with this club is the sh*te players (Ramsey, Ox, Walnut etc), our senile outdated antiquated manager and the board. Ozil is just lazy but was fantastic for us last season. Under a better manager, Ozil wouldn't even be a problem at all IMO. Some players can be given license not to track back because of their quality up front and their personality. Ozil can be one such player for us. The problem right now is we have a lot of average players and a manager who is past it, everybody needs to pull their weight.

I'd rather have Ozil + Sanchez under say a manager like Sampaoli or Allegri, than not.

What we need is a clear out of the bang average dead-weight and a new manager with winning mentality.

finally :)

I've calmed down and had a think about things. ;)
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerz » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 am

I keep telling people that scoring GOALS is the hardest to do while chances created / assist STATS are much easier to. Ozil is a coward that hides behind chances created / assists = passing on responsibility, all because he is a jelly in front of goal. If you are to count the amount of goal scoring chances that have been created for Ozil from last season and this season it will show that he is one of the biggest wasters / bottlers of goal scoring opportunities in our team.

But it's funny that his fan girls are so quick to blame the likes of Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, The Ox, Welbeck, Elneny etc citing "Average rubbish players making Ozil look bad by wasting the chances he creates. Ozil would be breaking assist records if it was not for the likes of Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott, The Ox, Iwobi blah blah.."...

I keep asking ozil's fan girls, how come you love pointing out other players for wasting ozil's chances created but then don't use the same criteria to analyse ozil? He is an attacking player like the other others, he plays more like a second striker but his goal scoring stats are terrible, he himself wastes as many chances created for him by his team mates.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 am

" a jelly in front of goal"

:hail:
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:29 am

I've had it with Ozil. Two seasons ago, Ozil missed the penalty that knocked us out of the CL SF. Last season, well sure he had an assist in the CL Final, but it was Ramsey who scored a spectacular rabona goal to win us the CL. I'm afraid Ozil must go in the summer. He's not good enough for a club that wants to win back to back CLs. He can join Barca or Bayern, or City.

Meanwhile, I wonder why critics are quiet on the world's most expensive player, but spend most of the time tearing apart Ozil. Must be those Godly performances in the Euros.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:59 am

Angelito wrote:I've had it with Ozil. Two seasons ago, Ozil missed the penalty that knocked us out of the CL SF. Last season, well sure he had an assist in the CL Final, but it was Ramsey who scored a spectacular rabona goal to win us the CL.

We won the CL? Where was I when this happened?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Angelito wrote:I've had it with Ozil. Two seasons ago, Ozil missed the penalty that knocked us out of the CL SF. Last season, well sure he had an assist in the CL Final, but it was Ramsey who scored a spectacular rabona goal to win us the CL.

See the problem? Our CL trophy has gone missing alongside Ozil. Ffs.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 am

Angelito wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

See the problem? Our CL trophy has gone missing alongside Ozil. Ffs.

Must have been Ozil, he's the one who disappears all the time.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:32 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/manchester-united/ ... ition-half

the kind of meaningless stat that mesut apologists are so very fond of
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:35 pm

midfielder who plays in a team that dominates the other side in 1000 passes shocker

the more passes a deep midfielder makes though the better

for attacking mids and wide playmakers the most important stat is passes in the final third/into the box statistically
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby diesel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm constantly intrigued of today's use of stats to argue the case for and against players. Stats aside, isn't it obvious from our own eyes that ozil isn't influencing games? Yes it could be due to the standard of players around him but haven't many teams over the years have been labelled "one man teams" ? Why can't ozil be that "one man" if he's that good ?
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:59 pm

its generally harder for midfielders to be a one man team unless theres an unreal level of output which requires more than that one player

last midfielder who did that for us was cesc when he got like 15 goals and 14 assists. i'd say there was a large period where mesut had everyone on his back last season but never really felt it was a one man team, just a side that would be about 8th if he hadnt performed that amount of time

even greats like xavi and iniesta wouldn't have been revered as much without titi, eto'o, messi etc. last midfielder to do it in the prem was yaya toure when he bagged over 20 goals

not defending mesut cause he's clearly not been anywhere near his actual level of talent this season bar some sparks. but whats frightening is that even an off form ozil is still probs in our top 5/6 performers this season

our attack bar alexis and giroud as a substitute is hilariously bad, i'm astonished we're one of the highest scorers in the league because our wing options are poverty
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Sims wrote:its generally harder for midfielders to be a one man team unless theres an unreal level of output which requires more than that one player

last midfielder who did that for us was cesc when he got like 15 goals and 14 assists. i'd say there was a large period where mesut had everyone on his back last season but never really felt it was a one man team, just a side that would be about 8th if he hadnt performed that amount of time

even greats like xavi and iniesta wouldn't have been revered as much without titi, eto'o, messi etc. last midfielder to do it in the prem was yaya toure when he bagged over 20 goals

not defending mesut cause he's clearly not been anywhere near his actual level of talent this season bar some sparks. but whats frightening is that even an off form ozil is still probs in our top 5/6 performers this season

our attack bar alexis and giroud as a substitute is hilariously bad, i'm astonished we're one of the highest scorers in the league because our wing options are poverty
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andrew » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Sims wrote:its generally harder for midfielders to be a one man team unless theres an unreal level of output which requires more than that one player

:rofll:

The whole notion that Özil isn't good cos XYZ is bad is most absurd BS on this forum.
Özil is a CAM, largely responsible for initiating offensive actions and creating space for his wingers and strikers.
When Özil keeps turning the ball over or is not making himself available for the DMs, it has nothing to do with anyone else. Özil can be easily taken out of the game by any half decent marking.
If anything wingers and strikers look ineffective when the CAM is a non factor.
Making good men better----->PM
Andrew
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Sims » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:46 am

Selective reading once again

Such a contrarian, even merc who probs wouldn't piss on Mesut if he was on fire this season agreed with me
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BS221B » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:26 pm

Ozil claims Mourinho shouted things like “You think two beautiful passes are enough… You think you’re so good that fifty percent is enough.”

“Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower? Shampoo your hair? To be alone? Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do.

“You know what, Mesut. Go ahead and cry! You’re such a baby going to take a shower. We do not need you.”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-reveal ... re-coward/

This confirms that Ozil not only a pussy, but also a RM reject :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

poor Sims, his favorite boy got bullied by Mourinho back then.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club